Pathetic

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy I want to be positive but there isn't anything to feel good about after this game. The Packer offense looks totally ineffective and they look as if they've never practiced against anyone who hits. Could it be that they don't practice hard against their defense of doesn't their defense hit in practice? The No. 1offensive line looked putrid. Brett is forcing the ball in this game with as many as four guys in coverage. Come on Brett you can't do that and win.

Was there a defense on the field for us tonight?

The way the game looked tonight, we are very overmatched in talent.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consider this: the Packers offense practices against the Packers Defense everyday. That's like me practicing against my 7 yr old nephew, it just doesn't help.

"they look as if they've never practiced against anyone who hits" Umm.. they don't. I would absolutely LOVE to believe that Jim Bates can turn these fools around, but I just don't see it happening. They just don't seem to have the heart. I swear to God, I'm not just trying to be controversial, I'm just being realistic. These guys act like they'd rather be playing cards on a rainy day.

note: I feel for Favre :(

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
note: i feel for you idiots

they got whooped by the world champs...if you cant think of how that could possibly be positive, then you are just dumb.

the packers, a decent team at best, just played the best team in the league. They seen things, learned things, found things out about themselves they didnt know before, found out who can do what, and at what position.

Did they lose? yes. Was it embarassing. I guess so. Did it do more bad than good? HELL NO. Tonight was extremely positive, if for anything, many lessons were learned tonight.

None of this will matter in a month, and if the packers are 1-0, you'll all be about it again, and...well..you guys make me sick. Its preseason..you guys are making me feel dumb for being a packers fan.

Offense=great. Favre threw 2 ints, and people are already selling their season tickets. He has his days...and how quickly do you morons forget about the previous 2 games? Running game will be good, with Green, always has been, with the occasional fumble. WRs are excellent. Oline is fine. It is not as good as last years, but that was a spoiled Oline, multiple pro bowlers. Wells,Whitticker,and O Dwyer will fit in fine.

Defense=ok. Dline will be good. The Dline is already decent, and Jackson and Hunt havent played one snap, but nobody thinks of that cuz they're too busy bellyaching over bretts 2 interceptions. Jenkins should start, and might at DE. throw jacksonhunt in that mix, and thats nice. Linebackers are ok. Barnett is solid, Diggs is good when healthy. ANOTHER Injury, but people wont mention that when they go into their "fall of the green bay packers" rants. Al Harris will do good like he did last year, and although i hate carroll, he cant be as bad as last year..so even that moron is a 'plus' this year. Joey thomas or Mike Hawkins could easilly surpass him in the next 2 weeks. So who knows. Nick collins is a good safety, and hes a rookie. He can only go from 'good' to 'better.' Earl little and Mark roman are battling it out for the other spot, and at least there is a battle there. Competition is good, and it ensures we get the best guy there. It will be a veteran regardless, but dont mention that. Continue to sell your tickets on stubhub.com

Special teams=will be fine. What most of you dont realize, because you are idiots, ive come to understand, is that a lot of guys on special teams are ...TRYING TO MAKE THE TEAM. They are guys who are on the bubble. There are a couple big name guys on it, like carroll occasionally (who blew a coverage) and fergy, but for the most part...no name guys, trying to get on as 4th string defensive guys. Does anybody know what tuesday is? It is the first CUT day. These arent the final rosters, and will definitely not be the final special teams we see on september 11th vs detroit.

But yeah...what is there to be positive about? ...idiots..

(note: my 'bashing' doesnt include all of you. Most of you are smart enough to know the situation, but the few...are annoying me, i am pulling my hair out..and it hurts...i dont want to go bald at 21! go pack!)

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<sigh> It's really weak that you consider everyone that doesn't agree with you an "idiot". I never called you an idiot for stating your opinion. I am merely trying to be objective. You, on the other hand, think you are Packer fan #1 for saying how everything is peachy/dandy. Sorry, I don't share your sentiment. That doesn't make me an idiot, it just makes me a more objective Packer fan than you. I could swear up and down that this Packer team will go 16-0 and win the Superbowl. It doesn't make me a better Packer fan than anybody else. What you seem to be missing is that my opinions don't stem from this Preseason. I try to look at the entire picture, not just at my hopes and dreams. I'm not going to predict that Packers will have a horrible season, because my heart still tells me they will be okay. But, when I look at all of the facts involved, I can't see things turning out in our favor. Of course, I'm just an idiot and you are so much "smarter" than me so I will be sending my Superbowl tickets to you. What is your home address?

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, I defended Brett until the death with his picks in the post-season last year. Trying to come back from a huge defecit, WR's breaking off their routes, it wasn't all Brett's fault. But, to say "hey, these are World Champs we're playing tonight" is downright amateur. What, you EXPECT them to lose because it's the Patriots? Yeah, I'm the idiot and poor fan. Please.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz...I agree that guys like LL and I are reading into preseason a bit much, but I think you're dismissing it a bit too much as well.

Honestly, I think most components of the Packers (eg the o line, wrs, 2ndary...) will work out in time, but I'm REALLY concerned about the D-line. NE exposed how weak he is against the run...Mass made good points about how the lbs were getting eaten up by the o-linemen because the d-linemen were getting eaten up, yeah Grady will be back, but tonite demonstrates how thin the Packers are, and the value of a dominant fat boy in the middle...

Again, I'm putting WAY too much weight in the preseason, and I'm already ashamed of myself, I normally don't do this, so I'm going to bed to cool off :noflame:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A team that is picked as a playoff contender every year before the season even starts looses in the Super Bowl to a team who's QB wanted it more than theirs. They slowly let one piece of the puzzle after another get away with out replacing them. The defense that was once a strong point becomes an embarrassment but they feel that their aging QB can keep pulling their *** out of the fire even when he hints that he may just call it quits at any time. They are in denial and do nothing in the off season to try and right this oncoming wreck. They fall from playoff team to bottom feeders over night. Who is this NFL team?

The Tennessee Titans.

Take a good long look at next weeks game because the similarities are so close that it is scary.

G

packedhouse01 said:
Brett is forcing the ball in this game with as many as four guys in coverage. Come on Brett you can't do that and win.

You don't win games constantly throwing the ball away either.

When Brett Favre steps onto the field he is out there to win and he has all the tools to get the job done.

If the WR's aren't on the same page as Brett and can't get open and are continually break off routes, that's where you should be pointing the finger.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tromadz ... you're right. Maybe the Pack will show better as the season moves along. But if you just look at this game, the Pack looked awful. Ya gotta consider that even if the Pack does improve, so might every other team.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
the packers, a decent team at best, just played the best team in the league. They seen things, learned things, found things out about themselves they didnt know before...!)

yeah Tromadz...they found out that they SUCK.....

(you can't neglect a defense for 5 years..put in a band roving idiots as coaches (Slowick)...and then expect Bates to turn the whole thing around with the same sorry crew in just 1 year)

folks...we are Kansas City...let's face it...the offense can put up a million points..yet the other team will just put up a million and 1....and we will lose..

BUT..i don't think things are that bleak yet....

It IS a preseason game..and there is time to get things turned around....

Let's just hope they don't go 1-4 before it does get turned around though..as usual...

Hopefully...Bates is good enough, and i think he is....to get the most out of the defense so that they are a little better than last year....

and people..with Brett Favre on the team..that is enough...because you KNOW he is going to be there scoring points with this offense....

(the only things that scares me is the mental handicap of Sherman and Rosseley....the team may not be able to overcome that!)

MNPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May take a while

I could not see the game but from I hear it sounds painful. I wonder if what looks like a lack of effort by the defense is all the thinking going on because of a new defense. Also adding to the confusion is all the player combinations being tried. I know we are down 3 DT's but it had been hoped that some of these young guys would step up. With all the guys being rotated and tried at different positions, It is no wonder that none of them seems comportable with the new defense. I cannot see them playing all out until they do get comfortable. I think it is reasonable given all the change to expect the team to take a while to gell.

Remember how much was always made of the fact that the same offensive line had been together for years. Well now we are seeing just the opposite. In fact we are still rotating these guys and haven't even figured out who will be be first team. We are playing with 2 guys starting who had never even seen this scheme. I think they will get better, but I cannot imagine them doing it right away.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
A team that is picked as a playoff contender every year before the season even starts looses in the Super Bowl to a team who's QB wanted it more than theirs. They slowly let one piece of the puzzle after another get away with out replacing them. The defense that was once a strong point becomes an embarrassment but they feel that their aging QB can keep pulling their *** out of the fire even when he hints that he may just call it quits at any time. They are in denial and do nothing in the off season to try and right this oncoming wreck. They fall from playoff team to bottom feeders over night. Who is this NFL team?

The Tennessee Titans.

Take a good long look at next weeks game because the similarities are so close that it is scary.
Wow, here I am agreeing with and quoting a Bears fan on a Packers Forum....
Did anyone read the writeup on the Niners game last night? Geeeez!
49ers OT win over Titans
It's worth a good read - seeing that the Niners were slated as one of theeee worst teams in the NFL at the end of last Season - and here the Titans had to carry their Water....... No way should the Titans have lost that pre-season debuncle.... No way!

As for the rest of ya smackin the Pack upside the head - I can tell ya I called this game an automatic loss yesterday afternoon to just about anyone who asked. FOR CRY iy iy - it is, after all, a preseason game. If you believe the stats that we all reviewed awhile back about SuperBowl winners and their Pre-seasons in those years... then the Packers had better win against the Titans - but if we go back and look did every SuperBowl Winner "have to" win at least two pre-season games? Or not..... What's sad about the Titans loss to the Niners is the Packers don't get to play them in the regular season - we could almost count that as an automatic W.... Rodgers was right, tho' --- He is in a better position than Smith; I'll give him that....

What I saw last night deserves to be in it's own thread......

Although several guys I thought deserved to stay on the Practice Squad probably committed suicide in that loss... Shame,really.... Hint - Hawkins did no one any favors last night, including himself....

Look for a new thread with my thoughts and you guys can hammer it to death....

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remeber right the Sherman led Packers never start off good they always suck in the pre season and the first 3 or 4 games the past couple of years but they know when to get hot and play well They just need to stay afloat and they have a good chance of catching fire about week 13

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone is interested,the game will be onNFL Network at 4pm est today. By the way everyone is talking,I better make sure I have many cold ones by my side.... :wall: :pals: :beer:

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're going to make people watch that game on the NFL channel. Someone said on this string that Sherman led teams always start off slowly. I just think that too often it takes an embarrasing game like this to wake this team up. I have always said that I think Sherman led teams generally play with a lack of enthusiasm and by that I mean, they don't hit anyone like it's fun to hit someone. I think Mike's teams need to play tougher on both sides of the ball.

Execution will come when positions are claimed. Once they decide who the guards are going to be Beightol will shape that line up. They've spent all this time trying to see if the two free agents were going to step up and play. I'd put the best five guys on the line and say protect Brett and lets open some holes.

You can't do much for lack of personel. It looks like their going to go with the lightweight Kabeer. He just gets busted on the run. There were plays last night that he was blown 7 yards off the line of scrimmage on impact. He's just too small to play that spot as an everydown end. Grady will help if his attitude is right. Hunt will be gone by the time the season starts. They're going to get rid of that cancer before the season starts.

Brett historically tries to make something out of nothing and throws into coverage. The difference, he's throwing to receivers that still don't know how to break off a route and make a play. But we do expect more from a future HOF.

It doesn't look good right now, but remember these games don't count in the record. They're simply an indicator of where we are. Oh man, are we in trouble?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like crabs in your crotch...the usual suspects come out to irritate given any provocation.

The detractors are lumped into two catagories...

1)Fans of other teams who have had their lunch handed to them by the Packers over the years who drip venom. They claim to have all these great players, but somehow they always blow it.

2)Alleged fans of the current Packers who think that every bad thing means they are right and the Packers truly are idiots for having the current team and coaches. The worst thing is that no one seems to want to listen to them! What idiots!

The problem with both groups is they forget that the reality will be known about Christmas. The first group will find a way to knock everything except the inept management of their for-profit ownership.
The second group will carp that the Packers got lucky and that Vince Lombardi is going to rise from the dead and teach everyone how it should be done.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:
(you can't neglect a defense for 5 years..put in a band roving idiots as coaches (Slowick)...and then expect Bates to turn the whole thing around with the same sorry crew in just 1 year)

(the only things that scares me is the mental handicap of Sherman and Rosseley....the team may not be able to overcome that!)

Yes this two issues are the most important ones, a lot of mistakes made in four or five years on the defense cannot be cleared in one preseason, and yes Sherman needs to overcome his mental handicap somehow and act a a real headcoach all the time I believe that he has shown that he has the tools but somehow keeps hidding them, and yes Rossley is a weight on the teams back, he should have been fired a long time ago, the tema looks a lot better when Sherman calls the plays. :evil:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
<sigh> It's really weak that you consider everyone that doesn't agree with you an "idiot". I never called you an idiot for stating your opinion. I am merely trying to be objective. You, on the other hand, think you are Packer fan #1 for saying how everything is peachy/dandy. Sorry, I don't share your sentiment. That doesn't make me an idiot, it just makes me a more objective Packer fan than you. I could swear up and down that this Packer team will go 16-0 and win the Superbowl. It doesn't make me a better Packer fan than anybody else. What you seem to be missing is that my opinions don't stem from this Preseason. I try to look at the entire picture, not just at my hopes and dreams. I'm not going to predict that Packers will have a horrible season, because my heart still tells me they will be okay. But, when I look at all of the facts involved, I can't see things turning out in our favor. Of course, I'm just an idiot and you are so much "smarter" than me so I will be sending my Superbowl tickets to you. What is your home address?

um,ok. I never said I was a better fan than any of you. Smarter than some, yes. Why? because I don't belive a preseason game tells everything, considering 20 guys are going to get cut before the season starts. Considering, brett played spectacular up to this last game, and the starting offense (minus ahman green, who always starts slow) looks great. The defense ahs looked good. They have given up touchdowns, because the other teams started in their own territory, due to special teams. Who is on those special teams? A lot of those 20 guys who wont be on the team on september 11th.

But we are the kansas city chiefs

We are the tennessee titans

..whatever...THAT...is why i say 'idiots.'

ANd dont say im not objective. I know our weaknesses and strengths. Our defensive line, you know, the one where our 2 starting tackles havent played a snap yet, but are on the mend and should be healthy by september 11th, looked weak. Jenkins looked good though. KGB had some good pass rushes. But lets not mention those. Lets mention the runs we gave up, even though our 2 biggest run stopping linemen werent playing. Thats not objectivity, thats stupidity.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last preseason a lot of people were too concerned about that the Pack were falling apart. But they ended up as division champions.

There's a whole lot of more important days ahead of us that Friday was.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:
If anyone is interested,the game will be onNFL Network at 4pm est today. By the way everyone is talking,I better make sure I have many cold ones by my side.... :wall: :pals: :beer:

I have seen enough and heard enough.

Members online

Latest posts