• John Gruden

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who I would like or who I think it's going to be?

I would like it toe be Cowher... He has the right mentality and competence to correct this team...

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who I would like or who I think it's going to be?

I would like it toe be Cowher... He has the right mentality and competence to correct this team...

Why not put Holmgren on the list?

He is as likely as half of those to be coaching for the Packers next year. Hell he might even want to now that Favre is gone.

UncleMeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lezley Frazier or Jim Harbaugh.

I don't care what his title is, Winston Moss has never developed players at his position. Capers has never cut it as more than a coordinator. If we eat McCarthy's contract, we're not going to pay triple that money to one of the other guys.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
My bad.

Didn't read the post, just assumed when voting that it would be "Who will be the coach next year" and I voted for McCarthy.

If I got to choose, i'd take Bill Cowher. This team clearly lacks discipline, with all the penalties and whatnot, and Cowher would come in and kick their butts every day. It also helps that he ran a 34 in Pittsburgh, a 34 that was wildly successful. I think he's good for everyone.

That said, A) I don't think he'd take the job. No reason, call it a hunch. and B) I don't the organization has the balls to fire McCarthy until things actually fall into the abyss. They won't do anything to prevent the fall, because the Packer organization has always struck me as one of conservatism. (Insert Ari Fleischer joke here)

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
St. Paul Paper reported this morning in "don't print that section" That McCarthy and Thompson maybe gone after next year with another season like this. I don't see them eating all that money on Mccarthy and Thompson's contract right now or seasons end. How in the know the St. paul paper is I have no idea. Either way I would bet brett is takeing great solice in all that has transpired so far if in fact his goal was to stick it in Thompsons ear. I hope he came back because he wanted to play ball and that is it.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lezley Frazier or Jim Harbaugh.

I don't care what his title is, Winston Moss has never developed players at his position. Capers has never cut it as more than a coordinator. If we eat McCarthy's contract, we're not going to pay triple that money to one of the other guys.

Thats just it, a head coach main responsibility is not player development, thats what the big staff behind him is for. A head coach brings that team together in a organized system to play and win on Sunday.

I don't think Mike Ditka was any good in player development, but his leadership skills got him a super bowl.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why not put Holmgren on the list?

He is as likely as half of those to be coaching for the Packers next year. Hell he might even want to now that Favre is gone.

Yeah...maybe he'll even bring Favre back to GB..that is after Favre "retires" from the Vikings...

How would that be, KilrB..??

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt the packers could afford to pay the top dollar guys like Gruden or bill cower at least until they are not on the hook for what McCarthy has left on his contract. I hope you guys keep spanky as your franchise under McCarthy and thompson is hilarious to watch as a Viking fan.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hilarious to us too sometimes. But not as nearly as funny as that empty trophy case in Minnesota.

I think Pete Carroll might be in the mix if USC keeps backsliding. He could make a good team with Holmgren as GM.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hilarious to us too sometimes. But not as nearly as funny as that empty trophy case in Minnesota.

I think Pete Carroll might be in the mix if USC keeps backsliding. He could make a good team with Holmgren as GM.
You may be onto something in here... Carroll runs a pro-style team, and is pretty good in it. Would like to see him as our HC...
Must you make every thread about Favre?
Why do you ask questions you know the answer?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

one super bowl in 40 years. Wow you guys are awesome

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pete Carroll is not a good NFL coach and Bill Cowher will not want to come here. I still hold the belief that if someone does come in it will be some new blood and definitely not from within the organization or a big name coach.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Cowher to be with the Packers, but I don't think it will happen. Winston Moss seems promising. I don't know much about him though.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't believe that McCarthy go 5 votes...UNBELIEVABLE...

Do you really still believe in McFatty, people...????

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe that McCarthy go 5 votes...UNBELIEVABLE...

Do you really still believe in McFatty, people...????

Might've been confused on who will be the HC next season as opposed to who they want, but I don't know for sure.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted for cheeseburger because I believe they are arrogant enough to believe that nothing is wrong and that he can clean things up and fix the pad level.

Members online