PackersNews Premium Report - Bills Game

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright you cheeseheads - here's a writeup by Chris Havel...... (sound familiar?)

Posted Aug. 21, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chris Havel
Fired up? Look for positives

A longtime Press-Gazette sports staffer and diehard Packers fan always said the same thing after games like this.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Aside from the larger than other paragraphs and random discolored paragraphs I have to say this is a good article. Hopefuly that premium site stops altering the posts so they are better, visiually.

I'm surprised nothing was said about Will Whittacker. I thought he did good.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The colorations was for emphasis - I figure you got that already....

I wrote Chris Havel personally about this article...

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

May I ask what about?
I prefer Packersnews over JSonline because the writers (especially Havael) put more of a "fan spin" on thier writing. Havel is a top-notch writer IMHO.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just trying to clarify a few things.... Waiting to see if he actually answers people, or not!

I noticed that he left out comment about "several" of the Players who stood out, in my mind, on Defense last night, too.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the reason he left out Will Whittacker was because i think it was him that gave up the sack.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
The colorations was for emphasis - I figure you got that already....

Oh, I figured we could determine that for ourselves. Anyhooters thanks for the postage!

Reaction score
While having potentially upto 6 startes missing, then yes one must admit that the D held its own. However, After Grady and Hunt, we are weak at the DT. None of the players seem to be getting a consistent rush except for Jenkins. Cole did some good things, but Lee and Washington have got to get their acts together. But I agree with Havel, that as long as the ST played as poorly as it did, then it doesn't matter if we have the best D in the league. Its interesting to see that MS dedicates so many portions of camp to ST, yet they come out and perform as poor as this.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers always seem to do lousy on special teams in the pre-season. I think they are constantly looking for players that they can't set assignments.

It seems clear to me that all this uncertainty leads to the Packers slow starts.

Maybe it's time Sherman:
1)Had more contact to improve tackling.
2)Cut the obvious "cling-ons" and start moving things toward a more concrete start.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packers have kind of sucked for special teams ever since desmond left well rossum was good but didnt really shine all that much

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Maybe it's time Sherman:

2)Cut the obvious "cling-ons" and start moving things toward a more concrete start.

That's a good point--and will be interesting now to see the interaction between Sherman the coach and Ted Thompson the GM. As far as I know Thompson is the guy who will be making the final cuts. Sherman's input will be considered, obviously, but ultimately its TT's responsibility top get a roster of players together.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Bonamego has not done much in ST's since he's arrived. I have no idea who to replace for him but, the last 2 years I normally cringe when we have to kick off.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
John Bonamego has not done much in ST's since he's arrived. I have no idea who to replace for him but, the last 2 years I normally cringe when we have to kick off.
I go with this comment, as well.

On a viewpoint other than my own - I have requested and received acceptance from a friend, who writes articles constantly on PackerChatters. His name is Mark Quarderer - aka: Packernation.

So - the IPB site now has an add-on which will grow with the Season. Packernation is also now a writer for the IPB Club (sort of) and we hope to enahnce this option as we move over to our new independent web site.

Take a read...

Opinions are welcome!

(Psst - You can just come back here to comment if you'd rather not join up on our site.)

Members online

Latest posts