Fire McCarthy

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean the game that we only won by 6 points after being outscored 30-12 in the second half.

If case you forgot Capers controls the defense, not MM. Also, Jones destroyed all of our corners, but of course it's all MMs fault... And we won the game.

Anyway, my original point was MM did not have conservative play calling in that game.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If case you forgot Capers controls the defense, not MM. Also, Jones destroyed all of our corners, but of course it's all MMs fault... And we won the game.

Anyway, my original point was MM did not have conservative play calling in that game.

I'd like to think, as the head coach, MM could command a more aggressive defensive style.

They also only scored 12 points in the 2nd half against one of the worst defenses in football after scoring 31 in the first half. Clearly we aren't going to see eye to eye in regards to that game.

The overall point is i don't think you can say MM wasn't too conservative yesterday. Even AR alluded to it in his presser.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to think, as the head coach, MM could command a more aggressive defensive style.

They also only scored 12 points in the 2nd half against one of the worst defenses in football after scoring 31 in the first half. Clearly we aren't going to see eye to eye in regards to that game.

The overall point is i don't think you can say MM wasn't too conservative yesterday. Even AR alluded to it in his presser.

They had another TD if they weren't ending the game.

Not saying he wasn't too conservative yesterday. Just that he was not during the Atlanta game.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would think a fan wouldn't find something to complain about during a year they won the Super Bowl, wouldn't you?

MM clearly did fine that year.
You are right, and I am not saying MM should be fired, just saying that he is responsible for the changes that need to take place in order for the team to win. I am a fan and love the team and confess that I tend to be too critical, but I referenced the Super Bowl to point out how long certain patterns and problems have been persisting with no signs of being overcome. That's his job! My biggest problem, besides the local media's complete whitewashing of coaching shortcomings, is the fact that he continues to retain his subordinate coaches. That inevitably results in our games having to be won by the O because of D and ST failures, and as good as our O is, it's not a given that we will put up 30-40+ pts against teams with good defenses. MM seems like a great guy, and he is a decent coach, and it's obvious the players like him and he is a good motivator. I have no problem with his going for it on 4th down and respect even some of his wackier bold decisions that didn't work out because I admire the gutsiness. But his repeated poor red zone play calling and the lack of aggression (by both MM and DC) in closing out games has to change or we will be having this same conversation every year around this time.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right, and I am not saying MM should be fired, just saying that he is responsible for the changes that need to take place in order for the team to win. I am a fan and love the team and confess that I tend to be too critical, but I referenced the Super Bowl to point out how long certain patterns and problems have been persisting with no signs of being overcome. That's his job! My biggest problem, besides the local media's complete whitewashing of coaching shortcomings, is the fact that he continues to retain his subordinate coaches. That inevitably results in our games having to be won by the O because of D and ST failures, and as good as our O is, it's not a given that we will put up 30-40+ pts against teams with good defenses. MM seems like a great guy, and he is a decent coach, and it's obvious the players like him and he is a good motivator. I have no problem with his going for it on 4th down and respect even some of his wackier bold decisions that didn't work out because I admire the gutsiness. But his repeated poor red zone play calling and the lack of aggression (by both MM and DC) in closing out games has to change or we will be having this same conversation every year around this time.

Fox pointed out yesterday thag Rodgers is 40-2, now 40-3 when leading by 16.

Giving up leads is not a frequent problem.

Plus, missing an open Jordy and not blocking well were also big reasons they did not score in the red zone. If those were executed well, we wouldn't even be taking about this.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey if you're going to blow a game and get out coached and schemed mise well do it big and do it in the NFC championship game eh?? Smh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts