Report: Packers told body of Michael Philbin has been identified

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is. He was 17 years-old and had a party (girls were also "over the age of 16")...he did a really bad thing but people are jumping to conclusions elsewhere, that he is a "child molester" going after "little girls" - when it sounds to me like it was a case of a teen taking advantage of peers who had too much alcohol. Don't get me wrong - it's bad - but not the same kind of bad, imo.
True, it's not as bad as ****** a young child like age 8 or 10, but it is very bad.
I know of one punk who did a similar thing in my 3 years of going to a large high school, and that guy was an ******* & a jerk.
Other guys thought about it, but it was rare to find one wicked enough to actually do it.

Of course, that was a decade or two ago. Maybe it's more common nowadays, not sure.
Doesn't mean it isn't a terrible thing to do. It's certainly not just "kids being kids". Eugene Kane likes to use that one, on certain occasions that benefit him.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
True, it's not as bad as ****** a young child like age 8 or 10, but it is very bad.
I know of one punk who did a similar thing in my 3 years of going to a large high school, and that guy was an ******* & a jerk.
Other guys thought about it, but it was rare to find one wicked enough to actually do it.

Of course, that was a decade or two ago. Maybe it's more common nowadays, not sure.
Doesn't mean it isn't a terrible thing to do. It's certainly not just "kids being kids". Eugene Kane likes to use that one, on certain occasions that benefit him.

I know a 50 year-old who did something similar to an intoxicated 16 year-old girl. His jail sentence was longer (and too short, imo), but perhaps that's why the age has some weight with me. I don't know the details of what happened with the Philbin boy aside from the basics, and I agree it's very bad - but I do think there are degrees of bad (the guy I know being worse - AND he was an attorney, now disbarred).

I also think a kid who does something like this has a more likely chance of learning a lesson than someone who rapes a young child...and my guess would be he has (or possibly had, in this case) a better chance of changing than the adult I know who did the same thing.

I hope no one is interpreting my nuance for excusing this behavior. It's definitely not that - but this is why the laws are structured the way they are - because all things of this nature are not the same.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a 50 year-old who did something similar to an intoxicated 16 year-old girl. His jail sentence was longer (and too short, imo), but perhaps that's why the age has some weight with me. I don't know the details of what happened with the Philbin boy aside from the basics, and I agree it's very bad - but I do think there are degrees of bad (the guy I know being worse - AND he was an attorney, now disbarred).

I also think a kid who does something like this has a more likely chance of learning a lesson than someone who rapes a young child...and my guess would be he has (or possibly had, in this case) a better chance of changing than the adult I know who did the same thing.

I hope no one is interpreting my nuance for excusing this behavior. It's definitely not that - but this is why the laws are structured the way they are - because all things of this nature are not the same.

I know im setting myself up to fail here

but what do u guys think of the LT situation lol

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
We told you earlier Monday about the sad story emerging in Green Bay. Michael Philbin, the 21-year-old son of offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, has been reported missing. Packers coach Mike McCarthy spoke on the matter Monday. McCarthy said the organization has a ”family first philosophy” and that they are “holding out hope” for Michael Philbin. It…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Not condoning non-consensual sex but, I do not feel any less sympathetic for this family because this guy was a sex offender. The death of a child or loss of a young life is a tragedy either way. I'm not sure about any of you, but my history isn't lily white or without mistakes. Granted, he committed a terrible act and tainted someone else's life forever, but he served his time behind bars and will carry the title of " sex offender" for the rest of his life (which hopefully goes beyond today). If indeed it is this kid's body that was dragged out of the water, it could have been an accident, homicide, or an act of shame and unfathomable guilt for his past. The loss of this young life is a tragedy regardless of who it is or what he's done. Just as tragic as the act committed a couple of years ago against the young women. Tragedy all around. My heart goes out to the Philbin family.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Just reported on NFLN that his body was found in a river. Terrible tragedy.

I just hope this doesn't distract us from going on there on Sunday and beating the Giants. If anything I hope it acts as a source for motivation

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andrew Brandt just confirmed via Twitter.

"Talked with Packer employees and friends of Philbins. Body found in river was Michael Philbin's. So terribly sad."

Just horrible. :(

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
There’s been an update from the story we’ve been following out of Green Bay all day and, unfortunately, it is a sad one. Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin reported a short time ago that the Packers players have been told that the body of Michael Philbin, son of offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, has been identified.…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mean to seem insensitive and I do ask out of a genuine curiosity:
Could this be karma?
Or would he have drowned even if he hadn't ***** those girls?
(Apologies if I seem insensitive. That is not the intent of my question.)

LombardiChick

Reaction score
How else can I write this without seeming unsympathetic?

I don't really think you can. Our OC just pulled his (imperfect) kid out of a river - something my own parents once did - and I can tell you first-hand it is nothing short of devastating.

I don't think very many people involved in the actual game are worried about football today.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How else can I write this without seeming unsympathetic?

If the outcome is the worst, I just hope is doesn't distract the Packers on Sunday.

If it does distract the packers, so be it.. Theres more to life then a football game. I think the packers will rally behind him, but this is just devastating news. It just shows that any day shouldnt be taken for granted, every day is blessing. Its depressing reading some of the packers tweets.

Lets go out and win for the Lang and the Philbin family.

UpstateNYGiantsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard something on the radio on my way home, and saw news on the Giants BBI that his body was identified. As a Giants' fan I have always respected the Packers, and was rooting for you in '07-'08, until we got there. This is awful news, and though there was some mention of indiscretions in his past, this is horrible. I pass my thoughts and feelings to the Philbons' and the Packers' organization.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please...don't.
Unbelievable how you can defend someone who committed such a heinous act. How about those girls lives he destroyed?

My heart goes out to Joe ad his family and friends....absolutely sad. No parent should live to see their kid pass away. Nobody should suffer like his so did in a drowning. It isn't right...it is sad. It makes me sick when something like this happens. Life is definitely not fair.

But, I'm not going to shed a tear for Michael himself. There is no forgiving an act like that, ever. No excuses. 17 years old? Does not matter one bit. There is nothing worse (besides murder) than taking ****** advantage of a young woman. A 17 year old damn knows well what is right and wrong.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unbelievable how you can defend someone who committed such a heinous act. How about those girls lives he destroyed?

At 17 years old not very many males make good decisions, for all we know this young man may have made amends. Also most girls at that age that go to parties and get wasted are already making bad decisions, and just setting themselves up to be sexually assaulted, probably disobeying Daddy's curfew and what have you.. very little sympathy for these types of **** victims some of the time. Not defending him or **** in any sense of the word, but to say this is karma is pretty ridiculous. The most blessed people experience tragedies, and the most despicable criminals can live luxuriously.. happens all the time.

I do wish Philbin and his family the best and hope that they will recover from this tragedy.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
A parent's nightmare....and it doesn't matter how old the kid is....a parent's nightmare is burying a child. I haven't HAD that particular nightmare, I've had the "dream" though and have witnessed the parental nightmare on all too many occasions. I sincerely hope that you young folks use your heads at 2 a.m. -- stop and think about how your parents will be torn to pieces in the event of just such an outcome. My heart goes out to ANY parent who has to bury a child.

Incidentally...just got off the phone with a friend at the Oshkosh P.D. -- I live in Oshkosh -- yeah... bad news. Condolences to the Philbins.

LombardiChick

Reaction score

My heart goes out to Joe ad his family and friends....absolutely sad. No parent should live to see their kid pass away. Nobody should suffer like his so did in a drowning. It isn't right...it is sad. It makes me sick when something like this happens. Life is definitely not fair.

But, I'm not going to shed a tear for Michael himself. There is no forgiving an act like that, ever. No excuses. 17 years old? Does not matter one bit. There is nothing worse (besides murder) than taking ****** advantage of a young woman. A 17 year old damn knows well what is right and wrong.

This seems a terribly hyperbolic, hysterical response to my post. Did you happen to read anything else I said on this thread?

Do you know these girls? See, aside from their ages (roughly the same as his), I don't know anything at all about them - I can safely presume that they went to the party willingly, and drank in excess willingly. Beyond that, I can't draw any conclusions...and I certainly cannot conclude that they are so devastated by what happened that their lives have been "destroyed". If they were so drunk they passed out, it seems likely they have no memory of the event, and not as much trauma as the victim of a violent **** might experience...and would therefore be able to at least carry on.

If not, that's a tragedy too. But I don't know enough to conclude that. If you know them and can share, please do.

Members online

Latest posts