Packers vs Titans Pre Game Chit chat Thread: Thursday Night Football...

Reaction score
The Titans have the 2nd ranked rushing defense, but our rushing defense is bad and ppl are hurt. Henry is probably going to have a big day. There difference is going to come to eating up clock to keep our defense as fresh as possible.
The good news is that GB won’t need to Rush for 200 yards again. They’ll just need to keep Tennessee honest with a 35-40% Run/Pass mix or so.

Tennessee has a great Run Defense. However they are not Impenetrable either. The only Team they’ve played that has both a top 10 rushing attempts and yards is the Giants 3rd in yards 4th in attempts
The others opponents in ranking/attempts?? Not a very stellar bunch imo.
27/20
22/27
29/28
19/21
6/17
31/26
14/25

GB ranks 7/10. I’m not expecting The Giants 7.3 per rush. But our O rushing is good enough to go 4-5 yards per

Last edited:

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could see the game. Big thumbs down to the NFL for broadcasting games exclusively on Prime. What garbage. What, now you have to be a big-time online shopper plus have a for-pay provider to watch the Packers?
Can you watch it on Prime with a free 30-day trial?

Reaction score
Once again, when looking at those numbers you need to rank teams based on yards given up per game to account for bye weeks.

The Cowboys ranked 29th in that category with 143.1 rushing yards allowed per game.
That is a good point. Yards per.

Here’s another one. Which opponent had Tennessee played that had a good yards per Run game?

Bills? 3rd
Giants?
Maybe Raiders?

Denver, Texans, Colts, Washington, Chiefs don’t strike fear in me running the ball. Tennessee is going to have their hands full Tonight. They are playing a team that has been scrutinized all year and itching to prove a point.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you watch it on Prime with a free 30-day trial?
If we had reliable streaming. We're in the broadband boonies (although located near Madison). But we might try anyway; but then we've probably got to fight to keep Prime from finding a way to not let us loose and charging us. You don't get out of from these free trial things very easily. Just more hoops and barriers. Madison -- maybe the entire state -- ought to be considered in the "local" broadcast area for the Packers anyway. We get hit the same way during the playoffs, when we can't listen to the Pack radio broadcast, either, and have to listen to the lousy national TV and radio announcers. The NFL suits don't give a darn about the fans.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeffrey Simmons is questionable and if is out then forget everything I've said. Run the ball all day because he's a HUGE part of that run defense. He's also a massive part of their pass rush so that would presumably help the passing game as well but I'm all for running the ball if their defense is missing their best player.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeffrey Simmons is questionable and if is out then forget everything I've said. Run the ball all day because he's a HUGE part of that run defense. He's also a massive part of their pass rush so that would presumably help the passing game as well but I'm all for running the ball if their defense is missing their best player.
PFT is saying Simmons will be active tonight after missing week 10 with an ankle injury. :(

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Green Bay wins a nail biter 23-17 Tennessee with a chance to win the game and someone makes a play to win it on defense. They need to play with a lead and keep Henry in check and they can do it otherwise Tennessee is gonna blow them out. They can only lose one more game to have a slim I mean slim chance to make the playoffs so meh we will see

Reaction score

Every little bit helps. He's pretty consistent overall and has a big leg, but then oddly has had some shorter range accuracy issues XPM Here's to hoping he misses the XP for the Tie! Maybe we will get a TN K exchange mishap like we did all last year :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Green Bay 31 Titans 20
I don't know why but for one of the first times this year I'm excited to watch a game. It's either going to be a close loss or a big W for us. Our OL is starting to click now and that's been probably our biggest issue on O.

Hopefully Cobb is feeling good because he's still a somewhat underrated Slot Receiver and he's fully engulfed in this playbook

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The good news is that GB won’t need to Rush for 200 yards again. They’ll just need to keep Tennessee honest with a 35-40% Run/Pass mix or so.

Tennessee has a great Run Defense. However they are not Impenetrable either. The only Team they’ve played that has both a top 10 rushing attempts and yards is the Giants 3rd in yards 4th in attempts
27/20
22/27
29/28
19/21
6/17
31/26
14/25

GB ranks 7/10. I’m not expecting The Giants 7.3 per rush. But our O rushing is good enough to go 4-5 yards per
The question is....... is that good enough for LaFleur/Rodgers to commit to it.

Reaction score
The question is....... is that good enough for LaFleur/Rodgers to commit to it.
no

j/k This is a game that we should run just enough to keep them guessing as to our game plan and loosen the long ball. I'm more concerned about stopping the Run right now. I don't have a great deal of confidence that Barry can do that. Yet if we spy Henry with a LB and pretty much mitigate his damage? I think Rodgers will Win over Tannehippie

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Bakhtiari and Jenkins both active. Excellent news that they're both healthy on a short week. Great sign.

Inactives:

Jean-Charles
Campbell
R. Walker
tenuta
Doubs
Ford

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Some key guys out for the Titans:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to get too excited. We won in OT, and that was freaking awesome, but we needed OT to beat the Zappe led Pats, and he was 3rd string at that time. I still see us pulling this out as Tennessee is a bad offensive team. I think 21-10 maybe the score, GB two wins in a row.

D

Deleted member 6794

27/20
22/27
29/28
19/21
6/17
31/26
14/25

Here’s another one. Which opponent had Tennessee played that had a good yards per Run game?

Bills? 3rd
Giants?
Maybe Raiders?

Denver, Texans, Colts, Washington, Chiefs don’t strike fear in me running the ball. Tennessee is going to have their hands full Tonight. They are playing a team that has been scrutinized all year and itching to prove a point.

Well, unfortunately it seems the Titans run defense is legit after all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Bills? 3rd
Giants?
Maybe Raiders?

And point was how pathetic they are

Members online

Latest posts