Packers vs Titans Pre Game Chit chat Thread: Thursday Night Football...

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Decided to get this one up early as The Pack return to the field early. Hope they continue the upside and not let the Cowboys be a fluke.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They fought for 60 minutes and played a very physical game. Now a short week.
I hope Lafleur gives them an extra day to heal the brises and bothered muscles.

No need to change the game plan whole lot just rest and get ready to execute.

This win vs Dallas was massive.
They should be flying high on confidence and have all the energy and motivation to play smashmouth ball agein.

Finally there looked like a team that played to win. Now. LETS GO!!!

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They fought fir 60 minutes and played a very physical game. Now a short week.

No need to change the game plan who lot just rest and get ready to execute.

They should be flying high on confidence and have all the energy and motivation to play smashmouth ball agein.

This game will be every bit as challenging.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping Barry doesn't take an extra day off to recover? Titans run the ball 56% of their O snaps. Barry needs to keep a steady DL rotation of 3 or 4 (+ OLB's) to stop King Henry for killing us. Make Tannehill throw where our DB's await. GB 24 - Titans 17.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They fought fir 60 minutes and played a very physical game. Now a short week.

No need to change the game plan who lot just rest and get ready to execute.

They better be ready to play smashmouth football because that is what Tennessee excels at.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tennessee has the #2 rushing defense. This will be a tremendous challenge for the Packers O-line. If they can't run the ball and have to rely on Rodgers to carry the load, points will be hard to come by. Of course, slowing down Henry will be the key. They did a good job on him in 2020, holding him under 100. That was also Dillon's coming out game as he ran for 124 yards. Let's hope for a similar result. This will come down to who can win the trenches.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will be every bit as challenging.
We recall the 2020 matchup in the snow. The Titans could not stop us either by air or land. They have a better defense than at that time. But I do not see the Titans as being better or worse than the Cowboys. Just slightly different. Both coached well. In some ways the Packers have changed more than the Titans since then.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tennessee has the #2 rushing defense. This will be a tremendous challenge for the Packers O-line. If they can't run the ball and have to rely on Rodgers to carry the load, points will be hard to come by. Of course, slowing down Henry will be the key. They did a good job on him in 2020, holding him under 100. That was also Dillon's coming out game as he ran for 124 yards. Let's hope for a similar result. This will come down to who can win the trenches.
Now the Titans played KC very tough. They were pummeled by the Bills. Now their 6 wins include 2 over the Colts, the Broncos, Raiders, Texans, and Washington. Not super impressive but then we have lost games to the not so super impressive ourselves.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping Barry doesn't take an extra day off to recover? Titans run the ball 56% of their O snaps. Barry needs to keep a steady DL rotation of 3 or 4 (+ OLB's) to stop King Henry for killing us. Make Tannehill throw where our DB's await. GB 24 - Titans 17.
I think We should see how qe doing vs the run first drive or 2 if we having issues go with bigger bodies on the D-line and second level.
If necessary they should have 4-3 ready in worst case or just plug an extra D-limeman that's capable at backer. Whatever it takes we got to shot down that run and force them to try and beat us with pass.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think We should see how qe doing vs the run first drive or 2 if we having issues go with bigger bodies on the D-line and second level.
If necessary they should have 4-3 ready in worst case or just plug an extra D-limeman that's capable at backer. Whatever it takes we got to shot down that run and force them to try and beat us with pass.
We need to be ready for Tannehill even with the tender ankle. Similar to Prescott as a runner he took an RPO to the house against us in 2020. He will bootleg and use Henry for play action. A lot similar to Russell Wilson years back.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's interesting to note that the Titans have outgained only one opponent all season long but still enter Thursday's game with a 6-3 record. Their defense is legit and actually capable of winning games despite the offense struggling.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting to note that the Titans have outgained only one opponent all season long but still enter Thursday's game with a 6-3 record. Their defense is legit and actually capable of winning games despite the offense struggling.
Their defense is good. But they have faced the Colts twice, Denver, Houston, and the Raiders. Not exactly teams that are going to put up 35 or 40 like Buffalo.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Some things to think about. Tennessee has given up the 7th fewest points in the league this season. In the same respect, they are ranked 24th in TD passes given up with 16 on the season. They've actually given up the 4th most with statistical ties. The interesting thing is that they have given up only two rushing TDs all season. That's ranked #1 if anyone is curious. Yards is similar. They have given up the 2nd least all year. A far cry from when Dillion sliced and diced them a couple years ago. They can get after the QB as well. They have 29 sacks on the season. That's tied for 4th in the league. Statistically speaking, we will have to make our money through the passing game. I don't like our chances with that.

As I read above, Tennessee's offense is pretty bad this season. They're in the bottom 10, if not worse, in most of the significant statistical categories. They're dead last in total yards. The Packers rank top 5 against the pass in terms of yardage, but bottom 5 against the run. If I'm the Titans I run down hill all day with Henry.

It's a short week with the Packers getting to play at home. The weather is supposed to be ridiculously cold. I feel like those factors do play into their favor a bit. Don't mean to be a downer, but I think the Packers come up short again. Too much defense from Tennessee and too much Henry. 24-13 Titans.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Titans fan as well.

Christian Watson puts fear into every single opponent. On paper, Tennessee should shut down the running game, limit the receivers, and run the ball well. But you can't gameplan for his speed and Rodgers'ability to deliver deep

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that the Titans have always had a fast and physical defensive front. The boys are going to have to be ready for a brawl Thursday night. And prayers for anybody trying to tackle that beast Henry.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Titans have, by far, the best run defense in the NFL so I'm not sure everyone's favorite strategy of running the ball 60+ times is going to work. Packers are really going to need a sizable contribution from Watson/Lazard/Cobb/Jones in the passing game if they're going to score on this defense. As for the Packers' defense? Henry is salivating so much at going against this defense he might miss the game due to dehydration.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Titans have, by far, the best run defense in the NFL so I'm not sure everyone's favorite strategy of running the ball 60+ times is going to work. Packers are really going to need a sizable contribution from Watson/Lazard/Cobb/Jones in the passing game if they're going to score on this defense. As for the Packers' defense? Henry is salivating so much at going against this defense he might miss the game due to dehydration.
The Titans definitely have a good defense and a good rushing defense, but let’s put it in perspective that 6 of the 8 teams they have played are in the bottom 3rd of the league in rushing yards per game.

The other two? The Giants who are ranked 3rd ran for 238. And the Bills who are ranked 10th ran for 101. But Josh Allen tore them up and dropped 41.

Point is, most of their competition have been teams that don’t have above average rushing attacks.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An hour ago you stated that we wanted to run the ball 50+ times, and now it's up to 60+ times? You do realize that GB has averaged 65.8 Offensive snaps/game and that NONE of us are advocating for 90/10 run/pass ratio, right? After 10 games Green Bay's run/pass ratio is 41.81/58.19 or rounded only 42%run/58%pass. Most of us (if I may speak for "the group" advocating more run plays) would desire closer to 50/50 mix to better utilize Aaron Jones & AJ Dillon.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Titans definitely have a good defense and a good rushing defense, but let’s put it in perspective that 6 of the 8 teams they have played are in the bottom 3rd of the league in rushing yards per game.

The other two? The Giants who are ranked 3rd ran for 238. And the Bills who are ranked 10th ran for 101. But Josh Allen tore them up and dropped 41.

Point is, most of their competition have been teams that don’t have above average rushing attacks.

The average leading running back has rushed for 38.5 yards against the Titans over the past 8 weeks. I don't care how bad the running game, that's a REALLY impressive stretch over 8 games. My point was not that the Packers have no hope, my point was that the Packers will need a viable passing game to win against the Titans. Counting on Aaron Jones and Dillon to run for 200+ yards against the Titans is fun but I don't think it's the most realistic path to victory.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An hour ago you stated that we wanted to run the ball 50+ times, and now it's up to 60+ times? You do realize that GB has averaged 65.8 Offensive snaps/game and that NONE of us are advocating for 90/10 run/pass ratio, right? After 10 games Green Bay's run/pass ratio is 41.81/58.19 or rounded only 42%run/58%pass. Most of us (if I may speak for "the group" advocating more run plays) would desire closer to 50/50 mix to better utilize Aaron Jones & AJ Dillon.

Okay, my hyperbole is inconsistent, and I promise I'll work on that. I'd be happy with 50/50 if the passing part of that equation can pull its weight. The Packers have (just based on the numbers you've used above) averaged ~28 running plays a game and a 50/50 split would mean 33 running plays. If the Packers want to run the ball 5 more times a game, I'm fine with that, but I don't think those extra 5 rushes are going to make a huge difference in scoring. I also don't think that when some are screaming to run the ball more, they aren't imagining 5 extra carries a game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Pass/run ratios under LaFleur:

2019 - 59.81
2020 - 56.3
2021 - 58.61
2022 - 59.19

I agree I’d like to see the percentage dip a little to maybe 55ish, but truly competitive teams don’t field offensive units that operate at 50/50 or lower.

Of the 14 current playoff teams, only 4 are at or below 50/50. Two of those teams employ Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson, so you’d be crazy not to utilize that. The other two employ Daniel Jones and Ryan Tannehill.

So teams that are that low either have elite runners at quarterback to exploit an advantage, or mediocre quarterbacks to minimize their ability to screw a game up.

Tannehill is considerably better than Jones, so Tennessee is kind of the outlier. But Vrabel runs and exceptional program. And it helps when you have a rock solid defense to depend on. Without a great defense, you typically can’t afford to play that way.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The average leading running back has rushed for 38.5 yards against the Titans over the past 8 weeks. I don't care how bad the running game, that's a REALLY impressive stretch over 8 games. My point was not that the Packers have no hope, my point was that the Packers will need a viable passing game to win against the Titans. Counting on Aaron Jones and Dillon to run for 200+ yards against the Titans is fun but I don't think it's the most realistic path to victory.
I can honestly say I didn’t dig far enough into the last 8 game stretch to uncover that. Highly impressive.

And I certainly agree with your conclusion on what’s going to be needed in order to win.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some things to think about. Tennessee has given up the 7th fewest points in the league this season. In the same respect, they are ranked 24th in TD passes given up with 16 on the season. They've actually given up the 4th most with statistical ties. The interesting thing is that they have given up only two rushing TDs all season. That's ranked #1 if anyone is curious. Yards is similar. They have given up the 2nd least all year. A far cry from when Dillion sliced and diced them a couple years ago. They can get after the QB as well. They have 29 sacks on the season. That's tied for 4th in the league. Statistically speaking, we will have to make our money through the passing game. I don't like our chances with that.

As I read above, Tennessee's offense is pretty bad this season. They're in the bottom 10, if not worse, in most of the significant statistical categories. They're dead last in total yards. The Packers rank top 5 against the pass in terms of yardage, but bottom 5 against the run. If I'm the Titans I run down hill all day with Henry.

It's a short week with the Packers getting to play at home. The weather is supposed to be ridiculously cold. I feel like those factors do play into their favor a bit. Don't mean to be a downer, but I think the Packers come up short again. Too much defense from Tennessee and too much Henry. 24-13 Titans.
They have a good defense but remember they played the Colts twice, Broncos, Texans, and Raiders. Not exactly powerhouses. The Bills put 41 on them.

Members online

Latest posts