Packers vs Ravens: Studs and Duds

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Really? So you're saying he hasn't been used in blitz pickups? Nonsense. Watch the games.
Perhaps you should not only watch but pay attention to what is going on in the games. Before yesterday’s game at Baltimore, (according to nfl.com) Rodgers had thrown the ball 152 times and been sacked 11 times for a total number of drop-backs of approximately 163 (Rodgers occasionally runs the ball after dropping back). According to McGinn’s review columns, Kuhn played 15 snaps against the 49ers. He ran the ball once for 3 yards in that game. He played 5 snaps against the Redskins and got hurt. He didn’t play against the Bengals (hamstring injury) and in spite of being active against the Lions, he didn’t play a snap from scrimmage (only STs). So before yesterday of approximately 163 drop-backs, Kuhn was on the field for at most 19 (he ran the ball once and some of his other snaps may have been runs). McGinn closes his review of the running backs in the Lions game by writing, “Fullback looks to be on the endangered species list in Green Bay.”

So I say again, Kuhn hasn’t saved “Rodgers’ *** from being sacked on a lot of playsthis season.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk was easily the most impactful player on defense overall but I think Perry may have been able to say that had he stayed on the field. 5 total pressures and 3 tackles in only 35 plays by Perry was outstanding.

Don't get why people hate Elam on this. Hate Tags if you're gonna hate someone but Elam only doing what the NFL wants safeties to do, avoid the head. I hate the fact that it resulted in injury but unless some fan here wants to donate the $10k that Elam likely would be fined for going high, not sure I can really fault Elam for going low.

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's a weird one to focus on, but +Stud Eddie Lacy for the slide on that last 3rd and 2. He broke loose and could have gone for the big play, but he saw he was over the first down marker and slid to the ground. Kept the clock ticking, didn't get a useless injury... Great presence of mind for a rookie on his fourth start with all that adrenaline surging, just really impressive maturity to do something so opposite of the instinct for a RB (Run and maybe get a TD? Or sit down and 100% guarantee the win.)

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk was easily the most impactful player on defense overall but I think Perry may have been able to say that had he stayed on the field. 5 total pressures and 3 tackles in only 35 plays by Perry was outstanding.

You forgot the Perry sack fumble. Speaking of which in his 10 games Perry has produced 6 sacks, including one erroneously flagged as a helmet to helmet. Of those 6 sacks three of which have produced fumbles recovered by GB, now that is being an impact player.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps you should not only watch but pay attention to what is going on in the games. Before yesterday’s game at Baltimore, (according to nfl.com) Rodgers had thrown the ball 152 times and been sacked 11 times for a total number of drop-backs of approximately 163 (Rodgers occasionally runs the ball after dropping back). According to McGinn’s review columns, Kuhn played 15 snaps against the 49ers. He ran the ball once for 3 yards in that game. He played 5 snaps against the Redskins and got hurt. He didn’t play against the Bengals (hamstring injury) and in spite of being active against the Lions, he didn’t play a snap from scrimmage (only STs). So before yesterday of approximately 163 drop-backs, Kuhn was on the field for at most 19 (he ran the ball once and some of his other snaps may have been runs). McGinn closes his review of the running backs in the Lions game by writing, “Fullback looks to be on the endangered species list in Green Bay.”

So I say again, Kuhn hasn’t saved “Rodgers’ *** from being sacked on a lot of playsthis season.

I wasn't talking only about this season. This season isn't over. Game plans change from game to game. He's also a solid special teams player (regardless of yesterday, as was said before, everyone makes mistake and that was a rare one by him). Either way, they didn't just keep him for the heck of it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I wasn't talking only about this season.
C’mon, you posted, “BTW, Kuhn saves Rodgers' *** from being sacked on a lot of plays.” I posted a four word response: “He hasn't this season.” You quoted my response and posted:
Really? So you're saying he hasn't been used in blitz pickups? Nonsense. Watch the games.
When you say you weren’t talking about this season that’s nonsense – you were responding to my post which clearly said this season. It’s pretty clear you are the one who should watch the games this season.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C’mon, you posted, “BTW, Kuhn saves Rodgers' *** from being sacked on a lot of plays.” I posted a four word response: “He hasn't this season.” You quoted my response and posted: When you say you weren’t talking about this season that’s nonsense – you were responding to my post which clearly said this season. It’s pretty clear you are the one who should watch the games this season.

Kuhn has been in the game more often than not on third down passing situations. He also calls out blitz pickups. That's his job. It's what he does. He's been doing it most of this season as well. Any third down where the defense blitzed, Rodgers wasn't sacked and Kuhn was in the game, he had a role in that. Play it down all you want.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think we should also mention Lattimore, for an untested rookie he played well. He had a few tackles for loss and didnt miss his assignments. Also, looks like we are NOT missing Brad Jones that much...Hmmm.....

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He graded out well. Not awful.

The only bad grade is going to McMillian on defense. Tramon was neutral.
Micah Hyde was very strong.
Well if letting a running back run by you multiple time is grading out well then someone has a different grading system.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He graded out well. Not awful.

The only bad grade is going to McMillian on defense. Tramon was neutral.
Micah Hyde was very strong.

Neal missed three tackles and allowed completions on both passes to players he was covering (mind you, he was only in coverage on 5 plays). I would say that giving up completions on 40% of your coverage snaps is poor. His run defense was also poor.

Not trying to say the guy sucks, he's trying to go from hand in the dirt to standing up so there will be bad games and great games, this was one of the former.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Kuhn has been in the game more often than not on third down passing situations. He also calls out blitz pickups. That's his job. It's what he does. He's been doing it most of this season as well. Any third down where the defense blitzed, Rodgers wasn't sacked and Kuhn was in the game, he had a role in that. Play it down all you want.
No you are wrong. Kuhn didn’t play from scrimmage in two of the first four games this season and played 20 snaps from scrimmage in the other two, so how could he be in the game “more often than not on third downs”? You’re entitled to your opinion but facts are facts and you are just plain wrong and too foolish to admit it. And you can't even keep your own argument straight - when I first called you on it you said you weren't talking about this season, now you're back to that foolishness. :rolleyes:

12theTruth

I know it's a weird one to focus on, but +Stud Eddie Lacy for the slide on that last 3rd and 2. He broke loose and could have gone for the big play, but he saw he was over the first down marker and slid to the ground. Kept the clock ticking, didn't get a useless injury... Great presence of mind for a rookie on his fourth start with all that adrenaline surging, just really impressive maturity to do something so opposite of the instinct for a RB (Run and maybe get a TD? Or sit down and 100% guarantee the win.)

Winner cause you're probably one of the very few posters who has more positive ratings then total posts. :)

Lacy did have a very good game. He still needs to shore up his blitz protection component but that is like splitting hairs at this point due to the vast amount of positives he brings to the table.

12theTruth

He created pressure, good push on the pocket and was outstanding against the run. I have to strongly disagree.

We'll find out just how good Neal is this week as its him and a couple of extremely green backups at outside linebacker against the Browns.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No you are wrong. Kuhn didn’t play from scrimmage in two of the first four games this season and played 20 snaps from scrimmage in the other two, so how could he be in the game “more often than not on third downs”? You’re entitled to your opinion but facts are facts and you are just plain wrong and too foolish to admit it.

Yeah, well you're entitled to yours too but you're not entitle to misquote people to better suit your argument without getting called on it. You put "more often than not on third downs" in quotes as if to imply that I said that. I DIDN'T. I said, "...more often than not on third down PASSING SITUATIONS." That would be 3rd and about 5 or more. If you're going to use quotation marks, you need to be damn sure you're accurate in what you're quoting, because I'm sure as hell not "too foolish" to notice.

And you can't even keep your own argument straight - when I first called you on it you said you weren't talking about this season, now you're back to that foolishness. :rolleyes:

Another misrepresentation. For someone who likes to call others "foolish" so much, you sure have a lot of problems keeping track of what was actually said in a conversation. At least you didn't use quotation marks this time (see post #30 for what I really said.)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, well you're entitled to yours too but you're not entitle to misquote people to better suit your argument without getting called on it. You put "more often than not on third downs" in quotes as if to imply that I said that. I DIDN'T. I said, "...more often than not on third down PASSING SITUATIONS." That would be 3rd and about 5 or more. If you're going to use quotation marks, you need to be damn sure you're accurate in what you're quoting, because I'm sure as hell not "too foolish" to notice.
He didn't play a snap from scrimmage for two of the first four games and played 5 snaps in another. Saying he played "more often than not on third down PASSING SITUATIONS" once you were informed of the facts is choosing to remain ignorant of the facts. Said another way: How many of those snaps did he take against the Redskins, Bengals, and Lions?
Another misrepresentation.
I wasn't talking only about this season.
I already addressed this: What part of "He hasn't this season" do you not understand? You are wrong about Kuhn's playing time this season. IMO it is foolish for you not to just admit it and move on.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really need to watch his play again. He was strong against the run???? I strongly disagree back at ya.

Yes he was strong against the run. Typically with a 34 OLB youre just counting on him to hold his edge at the POA. Neal was consistently shoving his man back and even penetrating into the backfield.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should also mention Lattimore, for an untested rookie he played well. He had a few tackles for loss and didnt miss his assignments. Also, looks like we are NOT missing Brad Jones that much...Hmmm.....
Lattimore joined the Packers in 2011. This is his 3rd year.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he was strong against the run. Typically with a 34 OLB youre just counting on him to hold his edge at the POA. Neal was consistently shoving his man back and even penetrating into the backfield.
Sunshine Packer fan saw the same as me. His quote below.

"Neal missed three tackles and allowed completions on both passes to players he was covering (mind you, he was only in coverage on 5 plays). I would say that giving up completions on 40% of your coverage snaps is poor. His run defense was also poor."

Check the number of times Neal was grasping at thin air as runners and WR's came his way. In one instance he got up after missing in complete disgust with himself. He didn't have to remove his jock in the locker room. It was lying on the field at Ravens stadium.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't play a snap from scrimmage for two of the first four games and played 5 snaps in another. Saying he played "more often than not on third down PASSING SITUATIONS" once you were informed of the facts is choosing to remain ignorant of the facts. Said another way: How many of those snaps did he take against the Redskins, Bengals, and Lions?

What part of INJURED do you not get? It should be self-explanatory that I'm talking about time when he has actually been able to play.

BTW, why do you not want to include the most recent game? He played 10 offensive snaps in that game. Guess when he played almost all of them... that's right, THIRD and long.

I already addressed this: What part of "He hasn't this season" do you not understand? You are wrong about Kuhn's playing time this season. IMO it is foolish for you not to just admit it and move on.

No, I'm not. It's widely known and acknowledged what his role is on this team and the evidence bears it out. What's foolish is to use time when a player is injured to try to claim he doesn't play a certain role on a team. I swear, talking sense to you is like trying to teach hamsters to play guitar.

I suppose if someone comes on here before the final game of the season and makes the statement, "Randall Cobb usually plays out of the slot" you're going to chime in and say, "No he doesn't! How many times did he play out of the slot in Weeks 7-14? NONE!" because that's exactly the basis of your argument here. Talk about foolish. How much deeper do you want dig that hole?

Between your dishonest misquotes and convoluted thinking, I see no further reason to continue on here. Go ahead and crow about how brilliant you are and how foolish I am... whatever helps you sleep.:confused:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Neal may have been pushing his man into the backfield but he didn't record a tackle during the game. Offenses don't care where the defender ends up just so long as he's blocked on the play. Seems to me that Neal was terrific at taking on the block but bad at getting off the block. Remember, he's a linebacker, his job isn't just to "occupy blockers".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts