1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers vs Ravens: Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PFanCan, Oct 13, 2013.

1. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +858
    Studs
    Lacey
    Hawk
    Burnett
    Nelson
    Dline

Duds
    Kuhn
    McMillian
    McCarthy for his repeated attempts to either run Franklin or pass on third and short.
    Elam for his cheap *** hit on Cobb

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good selections.

Stud of the game AJ HAWK...

Other studs:

Lacy
    Nelson
    Daniels
    Burnett
    Hyde

Dud

McMillian

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
    Put Nick Perry up there, he played a physical game against the run and his sack fumble proved to be the difference in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +246
    Crosby deserves some love here also

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
    For all intents and purposes Hawk produced 4+ sacks today, he also got in there on a couple of 2+ yard TFFLs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
    Agreed

7. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +172
    Give House a stud based on that 1st quarter alone. Didn't seem to give up any big plays from what I remember either.

Williams should probably sit once Hayward gets back.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +858
    Hyde = good call. He looked fantastic.

Perry, too.

9. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    Yep. I'm sure most of us took a deep breath on his first attempt after his miss but he nailed it, and the next one, and the next one. He bounced right back without a blink. We were all wondering how he would respond after he missed his first FG and he passed the test with flying colors.

Unfortunately, there are probably a few who secretly hoped he would miss 2 or 3 in a row so they could come on here and say, "Told ya so!" Fortunately, that's not going to happen... at least not today.

Looks like he's in good shape to earn back all of his contract incentives if he keeps it up.

10. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Kuhn is a big dud! He had two major ST gaffes today. Not what to expect from him. The blocked punt touch I think was an attempt to scoop and run because he had blockers and fairly clean sailing. He forgot to secure the ball first. The other was calling timeout before the play clock expired on a punt attempt from the end zone. Normally OK but the ball was at the one. Half the distance is not an issue in this case.

11. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +831
    While Kuhn was a special teams mess today, Banjo showed up and made some plays. I believe he was also in on D a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    The entire defense was outstanding aside from 2 or 3 plays. Considering CM3, Brad Jones (who was playing well) and Francois (most underrated Packer, IMO) were all on the sideline, that's a pretty big deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    When you're punting out of the endzone every inch counts. Those punts usually are barely away without being touched anyway. Another foot or two can make all the difference. Absolutely no problem with that timeout and MM didn't seem to have a problem with it either. To call that a "major ST gaffe" looks like searching for a reason to demonize a guy.

BTW, Kuhn saves Rodgers' *** from being sacked on a lot of plays. Don't underestimate the value of a back who can pick up blitzes and Kuhn is one of the best in that regard.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,003
    So it wasn't major. From my couch I did not think it a wise use of the timeout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    Okay, I could buy that a little easier, but still. What if they take the penalty and a defender gets a couple of fingers on the ball and they recover it for a TD? With a couple more feet of breathing room that probably doesn't happen. Again, I didn't see MM complain about it so he must have been fine with the time out. I actually have much more issue with Rodgers trying to call an audible too late in the play clock, forcing him to waste a timeout.

I've watched football for decades and have still yet to see a game where everything went perfectly. The fact that we're nitpicking over a timeout on an endzone punt means everything else must have gone pretty well, injuries notwithstanding.

16. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +172
    Don't forget about Hayward!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,818
    He hasn't this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Crosby is doing GREAT. I'll withhold overall judgement until the weather turns and see if he still has a handle on his previous yips.

19. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Our whole DL deserves some kudos today... they totally smothered Ray Rice and they pushed into Flacco time and time again.
    I love the depth there.

Shoutout to Ryan Taylor for the Packers first blocked punt since I can remember.
    What a big play it..... should have been.
    Kuhn, you idiot. Leave the ball be there or successfully pick it up. Great hands award not. Sign a contract with Butterfinger candy bar after that.

I want to shoot Matt Elam in the kneecap.
    Where's Tonya Harding at?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    KUUUUUUHHHHHNNNNNTTTTTTT his a$$!!!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    Really? So you're saying he hasn't been used in blitz pickups? Nonsense. Watch the games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  22. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Tramon was a huge dud. I am now seeing the second coming of gator arms. My goodness. I hate to say it but Rodgers was a dud too today. His throws to Boykin were horrendous in the first half. Finley was both a stud and dud. Run oob instead of forcing the opp to take a time out? UYYYYY....

The big studs were the front seven on D, and the run blocking OL. A W is a W. Hopefully this is a building block to better and brighter future games!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I read that Boykin wasn't where he was supposed to be on those throws. Not so sure that that was on Rodgers? I would like to see McCarthy and Rodgers be able to turn some of this multitude of FG's into points. Against the Mannings and Romo's of the world we're going to likely need the points.

24. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +219
    Crosby was solid yesterday. Nice to see AJ Hawk tear it up. I am surprised how the DL responded to CM being out. If they keep playing like that Pack can keep winning games.

If the Offense starts Clicking and Defence keeps doing what its doing. This team will be pretty Scary later in the year.

• Creative Creative x 1
  25. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
    He may not have played well but Rodgers made some HUGE plays when it counted. His 64 yard TD pass to Jordy was a thing of beauty and he kept the chains moving with a 2 point lead.