Packers vs Jets Keys and Concerns

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are on the road to the New York Jets this week.

The Jets are arguably one of the top teams not just in the AFC, but in the NFL. They've been impressive in their 5 wins and are coming off a bye week.

Here are some of my thoughts about the game:

Concerns:

Aaron Rodgers throwing passes to phantom WR's. I know the WR's took the blame for those, someone missed a route, there was miscommunication, what ever. I totally get 1 or maybe 2 where there was a lack of green and gold jerseys, but how many times in Sunday's game vs the Vikes did you look across the room at someone and say, "WTH was that!?". If we have any chance of beating the Jets, he can't throw up random balls for Cromartie or Revis to come up with.

Packer's health. We have been seriously depleted in our depth charts. Thank Lombardi we did pick up a few players this week. But who would have guessed that rookie Frankie Zombo would now have a back-up? I'm waiting to hear the status of Harris and Bigby. It would be great if either would be activated for this week.

LaDainian Tomlinson. He's having one of those, I'll show the team that cut me, years. And you know we don't have a whole lot of success preventing great RB's. I think watching a RB break one on us is when I do the majority of my cursing.

Keys:

Rodgers needs protection and needs to be very accurate.

Clay Matthews needs a good game, he's due for a 3 sack day!

Control the turnover ratio. We need to press Sanchez, cause him to toss one or two up.

Play smart. Watch the penalties. We can't afford to give up any yards in NY.

I think the Packers, though still unbalanced in the run game, have a chance on Sunday. But they need to take control early in the game and play a full 60 minutes. I look for Woodson to get a pick 6 and for Jennings to have a few long ball TD's.

I'm picking the Packers 28 Jets 21

Note: You should probably know that I am a total homer. I never pick against the Packers, I just have different reasons why they will win.

Attachments

• Jackson_Quarless 102410.jpg
    Jackson_Quarless 102410.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 4,020

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another excellent read! Thanks for sharing, I appreciate your insight and perspective. I think this game is well within our grasp if everything lines up for us! Go Pack!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Awesome article!

"Thank Lombardi" :)

"...who would have guessed that rookie Frankie Zombo would now have a back-up?"

Love those quotes. Keep up the great work, ilove.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely like the outcome you picked for this game. Going to be sweet if we can get this road victory!

Travis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it was ugly, but a win is a win. I still don't like the play calling. I mean, when it's 2nd and 13 why is Rogers throwing a quick "out", instead of down the field? Why do they waste 1st and 2nd downs and have to try to convert 3rd and long all the time. Why is there not a balance attack? Brandon Jacobs can run through a hole as well as anyone, but he's got to have a hole to run through! McCarthy needs an Offensive Coordinator to design plays that are effective, and who will call appropriate plays depending on the situation.