Packers vs Falcons: Studs n Duds: Whats Tanking Edition

H

HardRightEdge

Considering how hurt this team is...They started 7 offensive starters (I am defining “starters” as players that were designated starters week 1 that did not lose their place in the depth chart for any other reason beside injury) and 5 defensive starters. So considering they are running with 50% of their “best” players and significant playing time was given to ~14 players under the age of 25, I would consider yesterday a massive win.
Without taking a head count to verify those numbers, there's little question a more than average number of injuries has been a factor in this season's results.

H

HardRightEdge

That is fine... but when it’s not working... he should be smart enough to adapt to that as well. I think we all know that if Rodgers is anything ...it is very intelligent.
So, he's very intelligent but not smart enough to adapt when things are not working? That doesn't quite compute.

We've somehow gone from "pay the man" to "fix the man". Since he's doing what he's always done it is probably best to look elsewhere for where the core problems lie.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So, he's very intelligent but not smart enough to adapt when things are not working? ... Since he's doing what he's always done it is probably best to look elsewhere for where the core problems lie.
Worried about this week as his main squeeze grew up a Bearz fan. Someone will need consoling in that household. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 6794

Considering how hurt this team is...They started 7 offensive starters (I am defining “starters” as players that were designated starters week 1 that did not lose their place in the depth chart for any other reason beside injury) and 5 defensive starters. So considering they are running with 50% of their “best” players and significant playing time was given to ~14 players under the age of 25, I would consider yesterday a massive win.

The Packers definitely haven't been one of the most injured teams in the league this season.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The Packers definitely haven't been one of the most injured teams in the league this season.
Out for the season or on IR:

1. Jake Ryan
2. Mo Wilkerson
3. Jake Kumerow
4. Trevor Davis
5. Davon House (thankfully)
6. Geronimo Allison
7. Nick Perry
8. Mike Daniels
9. Trevor Davis (again)
10. Ibraheim Campbell
11. Kevin King
12. Raven Greene

Missed multiple games due to injury:
1. Randall Cobb
2. Kentrall Brice

Just because the injury report doesn’t reflect players on IR, does not mean this team hasn’t been extremely affected by the injury bug.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Out for the season or on IR: <list pulled out of quote> Just because the injury report doesn’t reflect players on IR, does not mean this team hasn’t been extremely affected by the injury bug.

1. Jake Ryan <possible starter. Run stuffing LB.
2. Mo Wilkerson <starter
3. Jake Kumerow
4. Trevor Davis <PR/KR and gunner
5. Davon House (thankfully) <addition by subtraction
6. Geronimo Allison <starter at least in 3 wide
7. Nick Perry <starter
8. Mike Daniels <starter
9. Trevor Davis (again) not counting him twice
10. Ibraheim Campbell
11. Kevin King <starter
12. Raven Greene

1. Randall Cobb <starter
2. Kentrall Brice <starter after Dix traded

CS1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great pic by Breeland. He played tighter and broke on the ball when we were blitzing. I like that.

If I could give only one game ball, it would be to him. The game was competitive until that happened.

H

HardRightEdge

Worried about this week as his main squeeze grew up a Bearz fan. Someone will need consoling in that household. :laugh:
Judging from that Rams game, his main "squeeze" will be that Bears defense. The boy genius McVey had no answers; Goff had little clue what he was looking at with bad going to worse.

Rodgers should fair better if he can get any help from that O-Line. At least he won't throw 4 picks like Goff.

What's the over/under on this? Like 30 points? ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Out for the season or on IR:

1. Jake Ryan
2. Mo Wilkerson
3. Jake Kumerow
4. Trevor Davis
5. Davon House (thankfully)
6. Geronimo Allison
7. Nick Perry
8. Mike Daniels
9. Trevor Davis (again)
10. Ibraheim Campbell
11. Kevin King
12. Raven Greene

1. Randall Cobb
2. Kentrall Brice

Just because the injury report doesn’t reflect players on IR, does not mean this team hasn’t been extremely affected by the injury bug.

There's no doubt the Packers have suffered injuries as well but take a look around the league, a lot of teams have had worse injury luck than the Packers.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
There's no doubt the Packers have suffered injuries as well but take a look around the league, a lot of teams have had worse injury luck than the Packers.
With the exception of San Francisco and Washington, I really cannot think of a team that has suffered more significant losses than the Packers have experienced this season (due to injury).

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh, oh, don't poke the bear (small 'b'). The Capt will be back with numbers galore. :)

Unfortunately there aren't any numbers available during the season. I will post Football Outsiders adjusted man games lost metric once it becomes available in March again, being convinced the Packers weren't one of the most injured teams in 2018.

Members online

Latest posts