Packers vs Falcons: Studs n Duds: Whats Tanking Edition

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
As there was no thread already made Im making one this week.

Studs
Breeland
Jones
Alexander played decent
Crosby

Duds
The Refs
The O line

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Stud: Devante (an honorable mention MM), classy move talking to players one last time. Clay
Dud: bad challenges
Still not much of pass rush
Sacks

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Claymaker
Spriggs - looked good in plays where i watched him
Breeland - a big play by our defense
Alexander. Shut down Julio for the most part, although Julio was given 2 extra catches.
Packer coaching staff. All around good game plan. Not sure if the players got their **** together because they let MM down or what. Definitely a different feel for the team.

Duds
Replay officials
Draft position

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is gonna be so ironic considering I just chewed out Snoops for this...

But studs? I mean everyone played well but honestly is this what it took for them to get their heads out of their butts and play like the team we're accustomed to seeing?

I'm happy we won, I really am, but I knew this team could play like this from the get go. I'm just happy we beat the breaks out of the Falcons. So no studs this week. I believe we play Chicago next week so let's spoil there season and sweep them. THEN I'll pass the Studs out upon our victory, should we win.

Major Dud is Philbin for those idiotic challenges and his reasoning behind them. He's not the HC we need to go in the future. Rodgers will walk over him. We need someone to both challenge Rodgers and keep him in check. That's what Rodgers said he wants.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
This is gonna be so ironic considering I just chewed out Snoops for this...

But studs? I mean everyone played well but honestly is this what it took for them to get their heads out of their butts and play like the team we're accustomed to seeing?

I'm happy we won, I really am, but I knew this team could play like this from the get go. I'm just happy we beat the breaks out of the Falcons.

Major Dud is Philbin for those idiotic challenges and his reasoning behind them. He's not the HC we need to go in the future. Rodgers will walk over him. We need someone to both challenge Rodgers and keep him in check. That's what Rodgers said he wants.
Amen

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge dud is Graham. I really really hope tonyan mvs esb and the rest of the youngsters are not watching him on how to run routes and attack the ball when it comes in. That was just pure laziness on his part the whole game.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the challenges they were bad calls. My only knock on Philbin was not playing running Jones early.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander played decent
Alexander. Shut down Julio for the most part, although Julio was given 2 extra catches.

I think Alexandre looked better than he was due to Ryan's bad throws. One comes to mind where he was about a step behind Julio with free run to endzone only for Ryan to throw it a bit far. He made some good plays, but had Ryan been on form, Julio would have ripped him. Was also dissatisfied with Josh Jones and Josh Jackson. Jones almost never stopped his man when tackling and Jackson was slow on first step. Overall our secondary needs lots of work. Good thing we have talent left to polish.

H

HardRightEdge

Dud: Rodgers

On the 3rd. and 10 TD to Cobb, he had a WIDE open receiver, Adams I think it was, crossing right in front of where he was looking. Nobody within 10 yards of the receiver, a couple yards short of the first down.

Anybody notice that? Anybody care? Anybody think this is any different than what Rodgers has been doing for the last decade? Is my "dud" designation sarcasm?

The answers are no, no, no and yes, respectively.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Rodgers

On the 3rd. and 10 TD to Cobb, he had a WIDE open receiver, Adams I think it was, crossing right in front of where he was looking. Nobody within 10 yards of the receiver, a couple yards short of the first down.

Anybody notice that? Anybody care? Anybody think this is any different than what Rodgers has been doing for the last decade? Is my "dud" designation sarcasm?

The answers are no, no, no and yes, respectively.

I agree. When the game started they were using the short passes and working their way down the field and got a touchdown. Then what does Rodgers do? He reverts back to the ole Rodgers, holds on to the ball looking for the big plays and gets no where. Yeah, he had some good throws but if they had continued to use the short passing game, I don't think he would have gotten sacked as much as he did.

Moving forward I don't think Philbin is the guy. And someone should have told him that he needs to hold the call sheet in front of his mouth so the opposition could not read his lips.

I thought that the defense was a stud. The offense....I didn't see much difference than what we have been seeing.

I'm glad they won, but if that had been a better team the outcome may have been different. JMO.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud
Anyone who thought the new catch definition was going to make determining a catch easier.

Graham. You have 80 lbs and 6" on the guy covering you. Come back a step and use your body to shield him from the ball. He must have misjudged the ball or something - should have been a big gain.

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Clay, and Cobb to have decent performances the rest of the season. Free agency time. Some teams are going to make big mistakes overpaying for these two.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthyism

His spirit lives on.

Stud

Clay
Breeland
A. Jones
Linsley

Dud

Graham
Williams playing too many snaps. I get it. He can pass block. But it's night and day.....
Refs are the number one dud. Confirming that very first Jones catch AFTER seeing the replay is hilariously bad. Just comical. Alexander made a great play on that one, but got burned on a few others. Good learning day for sure.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Major Dud is Philbin for those idiotic challenges and his reasoning behind them.
You know, I don't believe what he said, that he just threw those challenges for fun.
But honestly, this team has been looking like it needed to have some fun out there for awhile.
I don't hold the challenges against him, I kind of like that he was thinking outside the box.
If he was sending a message to the refs, we did start getting more calls after that.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think Cobb and Clay come back at very reduced salaries. Moreso Cobb than Clay. They played well today surprisingly.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I still think Cobb and Clay come back at very reduced salaries. Moreso Cobb than Clay. They played well today surprisingly.

Maybe the finally realize they are playing for their jobs.

The biggest dud was the Falcons. Looks like another team getting a new coach for 2019.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Moving forward I don't think Philbin is the guy. And someone should have told him that he needs to hold the call sheet in front of his mouth so the opposition could not read his lips.

Didn't really matter, I could read his lips every time they showed Philbin and he was saying "Whatever call you think is best to run in this situation Aaron." :coffee:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
overall a decent enough performance to me, with not a lot of real standouts, but a few big plays for breeland, clay, adams and cobb even. was just happy to see an overall satisfactory TEAM performance.
didn't mind philbin using up the challenges too much, though after the first one was upheld, the next should have been a lot clearer, but still more than MM had challenged recently.
i wouldn't mind taking clay back at a reasonable contract, i think this season though not as high profile as his was 4/5 years ago, he has been getting a lot of production and effort, if not the full stats.
i think the way he used aaron jones wasn't too bad either, not a lot of snaps in 1st half, then was unleashed in the second when the falcons d was already a bit tired, was possibly an attempt to make him more productive
think we seemed to slow down again in the 4th especially, need to get away from that and put teams to bed