Packers vs 49ers Preseason Game 1: Game-Thread

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that was Lazard running a slant inside, which he allowed the DB to cut him off...it was Lazard's fault for not winning that route.
Kuhn said something similar tonight

I trust an ex nfl rb and current coach as what happened over anyone here

Attachments

• 45875846-F4C6-431C-93E6-E533484D968E.png
    45875846-F4C6-431C-93E6-E533484D968E.png
    509.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 901DF571-80AB-4B20-AFCF-B640EDCDE3EA.png
    901DF571-80AB-4B20-AFCF-B640EDCDE3EA.png
    440.8 KB · Views: 74

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got a video of that Lazard play?

Anyway, If Love is throwing that ball on his break or where he’s supposed to and Amari takes it another step and then makes his break I wouldn’t blame Love.

But that’s not what happened here. Yes Amari ran the wrong route, it love wasn’t throwing on timing, he threw it behind and after the DB had position. Needs to make a different read.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Kuhn blamed love at 1st.. saw replay then changed his mind and put some of blame on amari

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a video of that Lazard play?

Anyway, If Love is throwing that ball on his break or where he’s supposed to and Amari takes it another step and then makes his break I wouldn’t blame Love.

But that’s not what happened here. Yes Amari ran the wrong route, it love wasn’t throwing on timing, he threw it behind and after the DB had position. Needs to make a different read.
I recall lot of people here blame lazard...ill find thread

Again..I trust the pros

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Kuhn too, seemed he was taking some blame off Love, not putting it all on the WR.

Both WR and QB were bad in that play. Amari screwed up, love didn’t come off of him he threw it anyway and it was picked, easily.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard Kuhn too, seemed he was taking some blame off Love, not putting it all on the WR.

Both WR and QB were bad in that play. Amari screwed up, love didn’t come off of him he threw it anyway and it was picked, easily.
Never said all....I even said some. Both are at fault..I personally think its all love..

but when 2 pros say diff, I need to look at it different...

It reminded me of lazard playoff...Not saying exact play....

im saying people will blame allll on love just because its love

And SOME will not blame Rodgers because its rodgers

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible both sucked and deserve part blame. It takes two to tango for an INT.

Reaction score
Ok Jose! Meaning San Jose is where these refs live!

First Doubs gets accosted down the field and slapped with the ball 6 feet away and no flags. I’m thinking ok they’ll let ‘em play.

Then on another play they move Danny’s catch and first down play backwards 2-3 feet minimum!
I rewound it and The Ref that spotted it ran from the backfield 10 yards away to spot the ball?? They weren’t even near the play!! We’re they short a line judge??

Then Etling gets a key first down easily on 2nd effort but they call him down 2 feet from forward progress for 4 inches short (he never even touched the ground! ).

Then The refs call PI on us on a deal breaker play where our guy is sticky coverage and scrapes the WR Jersey on a nice D stop.

San Jose area refs all day long helping feed the Bay :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love not ready for prime time.
That’s why they get these reps in. 90% of these guys aren’t ready. He’ll Rodgers wasn’t ready last season and he’s the League MVP. He looked like a Rookie 6th rounder in the Jacksonville heat, week 1

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel better about Love coming in for a game or two as a backup and giving the Packers a chance, but turning over the keys to the car? Not there yet.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel better about Love coming in for a game or two as a backup and giving the Packers a chance, but turning over the keys to the car? Not there yet.

I think the Packers are going to need to toss a line into the water again and hope to pull up something better than Love. Thankfully, Rodgers gives them another 2 years to find the next Hall of Fame QB.

Let's be honest, the 3rd round Davis Mills throwing footballs for the Texans is better than Love.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers are going to need to toss a line into the water again and hope to pull up something better than Love. Thankfully, Rodgers gives them another 2 years to find the next Hall of Fame QB.

Let's be honest, the 3rd round Davis Mills throwing footballs for the Texans is better than Love.
Little harsh on the boy lad. Not quite sure we watched the same game. He had some inaccuracies yes, but he was hardly as bad as you are portraying.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I haven't seen one posted this will be the official game thread for tonight's preseason game.

Will Jordan Love look like he turned a corner, will Romeo Doubs still continue is impressive training camp run, will the Special teams finally ditch the "Special" moniker? Find out all that and more TONIGHT!
Let's see who we can pluck out to put on the 53.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love definitely looked improved, but there were certainly enough things to be critical of last night. Things that will have to be cleaned up if he’s ever going to be a regular starter in this league.

But there was definite improvement over what I’ve seen before

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love definitely looked improved, but there were certainly enough things to be critical of last night. Things that will have to be cleaned up if he’s ever going to be a regular starter in this league.

But there was definite improvement over what I’ve seen before

For sure, Davis catches that ball instead of playing tip drill and say Doubs fights that to an incomplete pass even and folks are struggling VERY hard to be critics really of Love outside of the broken route decision on the last INT

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a couple float away from him because of lazy footwork. Winfree bailed him out on one of them. I think he needs to learn to see the field while scanning and not staring if you know what I mean. It’s like his reads are very deliberate and noticeable. I’d like to see that be more subtle.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is looking to trade Love atm in Green Bay Wisconsin that actually matters.