Packers vs 49ers Preseason Game 1: Game-Thread

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Kuhn say that, but it doesn’t matter, the DB had the position before Love decided to throw the ball. That’s on him.

You have to see that and go to a different read. It’s not open and it’s not going to be.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Yeah, I heard him when he said it. I thought Love shouldn't have thrown it into coverage and I thought it was behind Rodgers - so ya know, if you're gonna throw it, then throw him open.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leavitt with good contact forcing a fumble at the end of the half. Injured on the play shoulder? Off in his own power

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides that obvious horse **** throw on that last pick, for the half, the kid didn’t do all that bad. Nice to see SOMETHING.

Reaction score
Yeah, another int. Really neither were Loves fault
Anyone see that first Redzone INT by Love?? My screen froze on end of that decent drive and it looked like we were poised to score.
Was it a poor throw? Tip?

Reaction score
Tip..te has to catch that...
Ok thanks.
I gave the last one a poor throw slightly behind the receiver by Love, but the CB jump timed it nicely also.

The #2 INT was more on Doubs but also an great hustle ripping it away by that hungry SF49 CB. That’s what’s different about the NFL, these guys aren’t college kids.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard Kuhn say that, but it doesn’t matter, the DB had the position before Love decided to throw the ball. That’s on him.

You have to see that and go to a different read. It’s not open and it’s not going to be.
Per MLF amari ran wrong route

Reaction score
A couple nice stuffing TFL.
One by Heflin up the gut and another by McDuffie.

Doubs reminds me more of a taller quicker Donald Driver.

Winfree moves more like young
D. Adams. He’s really smooth like a basketball athlete. He had a great recovery on a semi wild pass by Love and scooped it in traffic. Impressive
The type play you’d see Adams make

The OL needs to settle in. Lots of sloppy, drive killing penalties.

Loves first half was C+ for me.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Doubs reminds me more of a bigger quick Donald Driver.

Winfree moves more like young D. Adams. He’s really smooth like a basketball athlete.
Winfree definitely has some twitch to his movements. Seems more smooth with them this year. Has some good catches this game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Doubs reminds me more of a taller quicker Donald Driver.

Winfree moves more like young
D. Adams. He’s really smooth like a basketball athlete. He had a great recovery on a semi wild pass by Love and scooped it in traffic. Impressive
The type play you’d see Adams make

The OL needs to settle in. Lots of sloppy, drive killing penalties.

Loves first half was C+ for me.
Why c+

Reaction score
Maybe I’m being tough in him.
He’s not playing fully to his ability imo on a few missed longer throws and off target screens. His completion % is lower. He’s 1 poor INT in traffic and a few semi errant missed throws away from a B+ type grade.
I will give Love + credit for doing a nice job scrambling, if we include his rushing and scramble ability B-
1 1st down run got called back for a Hanson hold. Another 12 yarder kept a drive alive. He’s pretty quick on his feet.
His overall game management has improved a tick. You just can feel like he’s a couple of broken plays from getting momentum. He had a few nice TD throws.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Appears some have checked-out for the rest of the game? Sounds like MLF has a few teaching points to convey this week. Also sounds like Gute has a few roster moves to make. Lastly, sounds like a usual 1st preseason game with some good moments & some not good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts