Packers vrs Chiefs : game day - winners/losers

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not sure they move on from Crosby, but the missed PAT and short kick didn't sit well after Ficken nailed the PAT and kicked it thru the endzone right after. But we'll see. That decision was made in practice already I think, not last night.

and I was excited when they drafted Keke, and he's not disappointing at all. not going to be surprised to see him on the active roster on game day and making plays.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
4. Tim Ficken - Another player who I believe won his roster spot. He won the overall K competition. Young guy with a great leg and accuracy. Crosby has been trending downwards for years and it is plain to see. The time is now to make that change.

Losers:
1. Mason Crosby - showed a significant loss in leg strength on kickoffs, and missed a PAT under perfect conditions, with a perfect snap, and a perfect hold. How many more missed kicks will fans give him? And, what? He’s going to make all of his kicks when the weather turns? Highest paid K in the NFL, struggling to be mid-tier for at least two years. The time is now.

Couple things to point out. First, Mason Crosby is NOT the highest paid kicker in the league. He is he 8th highest paid.

Second, you really think Ficken has great accuracy? He is 3 of 6 in his NFL career.

Third, yes Ficken has a stronger leg, but it isn't always about kicking the ball into the endzone on kickoffs. How much hang time was on Crosby's shorter kickoff? Was Crosby told to kick it short so that the coverage team got some work?

I know its popular to want Crosby gone, but personally I don't think Ficken is the guy you replace him with.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I missed the game where Crosby missed ... Ummmm. 4? Or was it 5 FG? In one game...

I was surprised he made it through the week. Honestly...

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why expose Gary to injury in a meaningless situation? Very simple.

As for Ficken/Crosby, who do you want to go to the Bears or the Vikings? Because, that will happen. Crosby has clearly shown himself to be on the downside of his career. Might have 1 or 2 more years in him. Or, do you want to give them the guy that clearly won the kicking competition this year? One with a more powerful leg, more accurate leg, at a far more reasonable cost, one who could wind up being our nemesis for years should we cut him?

Pretty easy choice in my book. If Ficken for whatever reason doesn't work out, get another. Crosby was not very good last year on kicks under 50 yds. He was horrible. I do trust Gutes and LaFleur to make their best choice.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Or, do you want to give them the guy that clearly won the kicking competition this year?

How and when was that? Because Mason Crosby missed an XP last night? Everything I have read or heard out of Green Bay is just the opposite of what you are saying.

I guess we will find out in 24 hrs.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True! True. I believe he has, but that doesn't mean anything. Sorry for jumpin' the shark. We will see. I appreciate the check. Stayed up late last night reviewing the game and it has been a long day today. Cheers!

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winners:

Nijman - Despite the OL struggles the blindside of both QBs was covered. Practice Squad candidate so he can gain some bulk.

D. Williams - I was puzzled how he barely got any carries until the 4th Quarter, but when he did he got it done. I don't understand how this is a "competition" when Tre Carson is in his 3rd year and Williams is a 6th Round Rookie. He has all the tools, just needs time.

Baylis - Sternberger getting rolled up could be the big break he finally needs to flash some skills. The Pac-12 has produced some of the best TEs to ever do it....Gronk, Gonzalez, Heap, Ertz, Davis, and our own Lewis. If he has refined his blocking, Baylis could stick to the team in a post Jimmy Graham/Marcedes Lewis era.

Redding - He won't make it here, but he'll probably stick somewhere else. I love how he snatches the ball out of the air.

Summers - As if you expected anything less.

Jones - When I heard he came from the Ravens, I wasn't surprised at all. PS Candidate.

Folston - Great hustle when he was out there, generated some pressure. PS Candidate.

Ramsey - Was constantly around the ball and making tackles. PS Candidate.

Keke - I'm biased, I'll admit it. I guess he had a good game....:rolleyes: I hope he takes off so we can cut Brown and Looney.

Kizer - He was pinned back on most if not all of the drives he played on but he was able to flip the field and score. When he wasn't running for his life he looked pretty good. The escape in the endzone that he turned into a 1st down is the part of his game that you most likely won't ever get from Boyle. I don't fault him at all on the interception, Moore on that later. (Get it?:roflmao:)

Losers:

Jenkins - "Comfort factor" my ***, he got robbed. Lane Taylor better not allow not one pressure next week.

Redding - The Chiefs smelled b***h, and rode him for two drives. When the 2nd and 3rd string QBs are picking on you, only God knows what Mahomes and the likes of Hill, Watkins, and Hardman would have done. No thanks.

Jamerson - Struggled, and he did give up a TD but remember he's more of a Safety with experience at CB; I think he only played down there for a lack of bodies. But he did tackle when given the opportunity.

Coyle - I believe most of the pressures resulted from him and he gave up 1 couple penalties. Buh-Bye.

Moore - TRASH. Kizer's interception I place squarely on his shoulders. You don't cut off a drag route ever, you head straight to the sideline and then bounce back straight into the QBs field of vision. Even if Kizer was inaccurate, the DB would have had to run through Moore to get to the ball had he continued on his route. I wish him the best, but he needs to "Do him" on somebody else's roster.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team has not been effective at winning on the road.
I know it's just preseason, but:
Two home wins, two road losses. Just saying.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This team has not been effective at winning on the road.
I know it's just preseason, but:
Two home wins, two road losses. Just saying.

I think you answered your own concerns with "I know it's just preseason". I would add that AR and most of the starters have not played or have played very little.

Winning on the road is never that easy in the regular season anyway, so loosing preseason games on the road, with your backups, isn't anything to get too excited about.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you answered your own concerns with "I know it's just preseason". I would add that AR and most of the starters have not played or have played very little.
True enough, but I wouldn't have brought it up if they weren't 1-7 on the road last year. If they're going to contend, they'll need to do better than that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
True enough, but I wouldn't have brought it up if they weren't 1-7 on the road last year. If they're going to contend, they'll need to do better than that.

Well yeah, the Packers sucked at times at home too last year. ;)

Only 7 teams had a winning record on the road last year. 1-7 isn't going to cut it for sure, but even SB winners NE were only 4-5 on the Road last year.

New Orleans 7-1-0 87.5%
LA Chargers 8-2-0 80.0%
LA Rams 7-2-0 77.8%
Houston 5-3-0 62.5%
Kansas City 5-3-0 62.5%
Chicago 5-3-0 62.5%
Pittsburgh 4-3-1

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd say .500 for the preseason then is a trend in the right direction....wouldn't you?

Members online