Packers vrs Chiefs : game day - winners/losers

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JMon Moore quote of note: "i got to do me. Just be me."

You idiot! You cant catch a cold! Be Davante Adams for goodness sakes!!

Big day for the WRs and bubble players everywhere.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d love to see him catch everything, he could be very good

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He’s gone like my ex wife!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think he made the team, his shot was long heading into tonight and I haven’t seen anything to change my mind

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Here is hoping our starting 22 are REALLY good, because our backups suck. Some people are going to point to the final score tonight, but the Chiefs backups looked much better than the Packers. Thankfully, not a lot of the guys playing tonight will be on the final 53.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don’t think he made the team, his shot was long heading into tonight and I haven’t seen anything to change my mind

If you are talking about Boyle, I would agree. None of the backup QB's impress me, for that reason, I am going with the guy with the most experience, Kizer. Highlight of the night, Manny Wilkin's run and leap over a defender, but he will be selling cars in a month.

Reaction score
Im not sure how many QBs went 7-0 TD-INT and 60+% passing and over 110% passer rating in preseason. but Boyle straight up beat Kizer this preseason IMO.
As a starter for a year in Cleveland, Kizer should be farther along by now. He’s too inconsistent up and down. Again, Kizer threw several passes at the knees or ankles of his receivers.
Kizer is more dual faceted, but Boyle has a more consistent arm. You have to look at who’s improving and Kizer may have actually regressed.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Uh, thank you kindly for completely cracking my S up!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Im not sure how many QBs went 7-0 TD-INT and 60+% passing and over 110% passer rating in preseason. but Boyle straight up beat Kizer this preseason IMO.
As a starter for a year in Cleveland, Kizer should be farther along by now. He’s too inconsistent up and down. Again, Kizer threw several passes at the knees or ankles of his receivers.
Kizer is more dual faceted, but Boyle has a more consistent arm. You have to look at who’s improving and Kizer may have actually regressed.

Kizer...Boyle...does it really matter? Neither of them will get the job done when it counts. Another season of the Packers relying fully on #12 and basically saying "if 12 goes down, we are fu**ed." Every preseason game I watch tells me that every other team has a better #2 QB and in many cases, their #3 is equal to or better than our #2.

Please #12....stay healthy for the WHOLE season.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer...Boyle...does it really matter? Neither of them will get the job done when it counts. Another season of the Packers relying fully on #12 and basically saying "if 12 goes down, we are fu**ed." Every preseason game I watch tells me that every other team has a better #2 QB and in many cases, their #3 is equal to or better than our #2.

To be fair, which teams don't skip a beat when the starting QB goes down? There are only a handful of teams who can count themselves this lucky imo. Saints, Raiders, Titans, Redskins, Jets come to mind, and most of these are only mentioned because their #QB1 hasn't won the job convincingly anyway.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way who is this Redding guy? He showed up big time yesterday

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Again, Kizer threw several passes at the knees or ankles of his receivers.

Yeah, I agree. It's roughly the same as choosing between two ugly sisters. Ultimately though, in my opinion only, you have to go with the NFL "arm". Kizer (or Shawn DeKizer as I consistently refer to him) has this annoying tendency toward burying the ball or launching rocket balls. I do not believe the ability to take off with the ball without having NFL accuracy is much of a benefit. In my estimation, that makes Kizer (or, DeKizer) a skinny running back with the ability to occasionally throw an option pass to a Tackle who has reported as being "eligible".

Boyle and Kizer (or DeKizer) ... six of one - half dozen of the other ... 1:10 and pick 'em that whomever is left standing still sucks as a backup.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
JMon Moore quote of note: "i got to do me. Just be me.".

So .... he's just gonna "do" himself is he? One would think that would be anatomically impossible, wouldn't one? Maybe he's taking his right out for dinner and a movie with no expectations beyond because he wants to respect himself in the morning? Or ... if it's a small job, do it by hand?

I'm not clear on what he's saying here... can you translate for me, Amish ... come on, throw a brother a rope here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are talking about Boyle, I would agree. None of the backup QB's impress me, for that reason, I am going with the guy with the most experience, Kizer. Highlight of the night, Manny Wilkin's run and leap over a defender, but he will be selling cars in a month.
I was talking about Moore, but I do agree, boyle probably isn't the 2. Neither gives me great confidence, but if Kizer has protection he's better than people give him credit for. Still has a lot of work to do though

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winners
Summers - easy int - but great run. Was active all night.

Keke- looks like a steal in the 5th round

Jones - 2 big plays. Responsible for 2 turnovers.

Kizer - improved significantly through preseason. Looked more comfortable and more of a leader. Several poor passes may lojely mean Boyle will be kept. But it is close.

Opportunists - 2 turnovers despite being outplayed.

Losers
Jammerson. Got burnt on a TD

2nd string Def. If it werent for 2 turnovers the chiefs dominated.

Lane Taylor - he played okay this preseason, but Jenkins is probably as good and going to get better. Pack may dave a couple million and go with the rookie.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To be fair, which teams don't skip a beat when the starting QB goes down? There are only a handful of teams who can count themselves this lucky imo. Saints, Raiders, Titans, Redskins, Jets come to mind, and most of these are only mentioned because their #QB1 hasn't won the job convincingly anyway.

Oh most definitely, most teams skip a beat between any starter and their backup at any position. However, in the case of the Packers, that isn't a beat that is being skipped between Rodgers and the next guy, it's an Opera, a tragic one at that.

By the way who is this Redding guy? He showed up big time yesterday
Just a guy, who will be looking for work come Saturday around 3 PM.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If thats the case, which I don't disagree with, we should just go with 1 qb on the 53 and keep someone else who might be of use to us. If AR goes down we are screwed no matter what so just throw anyone out there.

Either that or make AR the backup and hope Mack deletes our starter very early on Thursday.

Of course if we do that Nagy will just tell his defense "whatever you do don't hit the QB"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If thats the case, which I don't disagree with, we should just go with 1 qb on the 53 and keep someone else who might be of use to us. If AR goes down we are screwed no matter what so just throw anyone out there.

I kind of half jokingly said that in another post after the game last night, but the more I think about it, it really isn't that far fetched of an idea. I doubt it happens, but what could happen is Boyle and Wilkins get cut, one of them slides to the PS and the Packers go with Kizer until they find a suitable FA Vet QB to be the #2 and then cut Kizer. Now if there is a Vet. QB out there that is an upgrade at a reasonable price? Stay tuned.

I think we both agree, that if Rodgers goes down for an extended period of time, game over, so the Packers may just decide to go the cheapest route with the most future potential, which is probably Boyle.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about just giving Mack the attention he deserves. Last year in the first half, they seemed to let him rush at will. Never double teaming him. You have to try and do something to neutralize him. I was responding to the Mack statement. Probably this should be in the bears thread.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't get to see the game, was Rashan Gary held out of the game? Haven't heard his name mentioned anywhere.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Sunshine, Gary was active I believe but didn’t get a snap. Good.

Winners:
1. Kingsley Keke - I saw Santana Dotson last week. We’ve hung out a couple of times over the past few years. He’s supercool. I told him Keke immediately reminded me of a younger version of himself. You should have seen the smile on his face. Priceless. He agreed completely. Total steal from this draft. Keke was and remains a lock for the 53.

2. Ty Summers - had a decent showing. Missed some holes, missed a tackle, slipped in a coverage, but also made up for it in both areas. A rookie who has played more snaps this preseason than any other player. Lock.

3. Markus Jones - talk about a gift dropping into our laps. This kid has one hell of a resume. His play last night literally won him a roster spot, in an important win-in game. FWIW, I would take Jones over Fackrell any day.

4. Tim Ficken - Another player who I believe won his roster spot. He won the overall K competition. Young guy with a great leg and accuracy. Crosby has been trending downwards for years and it is plain to see. The time is now to make that change.

5. Dexter Williams - first, the ugly is he needs to improve his pass pro. No doubt. However, he clearly showed how much more of a dynamic runner he is v. Carson. I think he won his spot on the 53 last night.

6. Yosh Nijman - played the entire game at LT. Zero sacks allowed. 4 pressures that I counted on review. Did very well overall in his pass sets as well as his run blocking. Lock.

7. All of the players they held out so that they wouldn’t sustain a meaningless injury. Josh Jackson and Rashan Gary included.

8. JK Scott - Holy F can this kid boom ‘em. First time I’ve been reminded of Ray Guy watching a Punter. Well done, son!!!

Losers:
1. Mason Crosby - showed a significant loss in leg strength on kickoffs, and missed a PAT under perfect conditions, with a perfect snap, and a perfect hold. How many more missed kicks will fans give him? And, what? He’s going to make all of his kicks when the weather turns? Highest paid K in the NFL, struggling to be mid-tier for at least two years. The time is now.

The notion of allowing for all of his misses because he’s experienced while not allowing what I would anticipate being same or fewer misses to a young talent who won the overall competition, while he learns the ropes of Winter in Lambeau makes no sense to me. Again, the time is now. I love Crosby, but this is now plain to see.

2. Jamerson.

3. deBeer and the other guy. Coyle?

4. Crawford

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree about the highlight of the night, I disagree he'll be selling cars. He'll probably be on a practice squad.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts