Packers tropes on TV

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are some things that they show all the time when watching games on TV?

Feel free to add to this list.
Notes are optional.
1) Camera shot of Dom Capers and going on his coaching history.
Why?
I feel they are making him overrated when they do that.

2) Mention of the Ice Bowl during Every. Single. Cold. Game. At. Lambeau. In. December.
As if we are ever going to forget that.
Bonus: The obvious and predictible footage of Bar Starr making the game wining TD with the QB sneak.
What? There are no other good plays of footage from the game they could show?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Surprised they didn't visit a cheese plant or farm this time.

That's where I was going to go. OK, then since Poppa is gonna be THAT way ... no night shot of the lit up Ray Nitschke bridge. That must be a Fox thing only.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Footage of Vince Lombardi; as if he was the only coach we ever had.
He was the best coach we ever had. Do you think they're going to stop associating Bill Belichick with New England after he quits coaching?

Maybe they'll start showing that new ice slide at games from now on. That looks pretty cool.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe they'll start showing that new ice slide at games from now on. That looks pretty cool.
The tubing hill? $3 per trip. They pronounced the name wrong. They sounded it like the Arizona coach when it is sponsored by the lawn and garden people Arien's. I think one is on the Packer's board. Anyway it is pronounced like the first name of the last QB to start for GB before Hundley. I haven't been out that way since it all got completed.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Showing graphics of how many quarterbacks that have started games in the past 25 years for the Packers and their current opponent.

Always saying Green Bay, Wisconsin instead of just Green Bay. (No other team's state gets mentioned)

Clips of people tailgating in the parking lot.

Showing that one guy with the icicle hat thing.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Showing Brett Farve on the wall after he left and married the queens
Showing MM with the play card in his face( no matter what he called it didn’t work)
Brett Hundley chewing gum

The reason he covers his face isn't so other teams won't know what he calls its because he doesn't want anyone to find out what he is really saying which is "honestly I have no clue what the hell I am doing out here now where is that damn Jimmy Johns guy. Freaky Fast my ***"

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things that they should show now:

1. Ezra Johnson eating a hot dog during the game. It really happened.
2. David Whitehurst throwing picks
3. Caper's D's giving up 45 pts a game.
4. Cheap shot on Jim McMahon.
5. Check Cecil launching himself at everyone.

The kids are egging my house again....the neighbors dog left a gift on my lawn...callin the cops. :eek:

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They showed the Ice Bowl and guy with an icicle hat because Al Michaels announced there will be a 50th annniversary show about that game on December 31. That should be obvious. Several other plays were shown before Barr Starr's sneak.

I think NBC showed the tube hills to remind people of an Olympics event. Every week an event location in South Korea is shown during a football game.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason he covers his face isn't so other teams won't know what he calls its because he doesn't want anyone to find out what he is really saying which is "honestly I have no clue what the hell I am doing out here now where is that damn Jimmy Johns guy. Freaky Fast my ***"
It is rude to be spitting out bits of doughnuts for us to see.

Staff online

Members online