Packers this season

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my fellow packer fans do not stress the vikings games will not decide if we get in the playoffs or not. if we start winning and beating good teams we deserve the playoffs if not we dont period but thats not because the vikings beat us twice.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my fellow packer fans do not stress the vikings games will not decide if we get in the playoffs or not. if we start winning and beating good teams we deserve the playoffs if not we dont period but thats not because the vikings beat us twice.

Nobody is stressed - at least I'm not.

The Packers have an easy schedule and they're currently in the thick of the playoff chase, so there's really no reason they can't finish strong, if for no other reason than the cupcake schedule remaining.

Barring a meltdown of epic proportions or internal bickering and strife, this is a 10-6 ball team at a minimum.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is stressed - at least I'm not.

That's because, as you've already demonstrated, you're not a true Packers fan.

As for the rest of us, it's playoffs or bust, and it's going to be a tough road. Given the way we're playing, I think our schedule is a bit tougher than we want to give it credit for. Tampa Bay is desperate for a win and Detroit is going to want revenge for the donut we handed them in round one. Neither of them should be overlooked. Plus we still have Dallas, Pittsburgh and Baltimore, not to mention Chicago. That's four very tough games against what will be four very tough opponents. All four have monster pass rushers and run stoppers, and as we've proven, we don't exactly have the ability to block the rush or execute the run.

Then we still have games against San Francisco, Seattle and Arizona. All three have the potential to play absolutely lights out football. None of them are gimmee's.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a very very tough remaining schedule. Winning the division is an impossibility now but mathematically possible. I really think we will recieve Dallas and Zona's A game along with the ravens and steelers to boot.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
GB has 3 more Gimme wins. Other than that it's all up in the air.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As for the rest of us, it's playoffs or bust, and it's going to be a tough road. Given the way we're playing, I think our schedule is a bit tougher than we want to give it credit for. Tampa Bay is desperate for a win and Detroit is going to want revenge for the donut we handed them in round one. Neither of them should be overlooked. Plus we still have Dallas, Pittsburgh and Baltimore, not to mention Chicago. That's four very tough games against what will be four very tough opponents. All four have monster pass rushers and run stoppers, and as we've proven, we don't exactly have the ability to block the rush or execute the run.

Then we still have games against San Francisco, Seattle and Arizona. All three have the potential to play absolutely lights out football. None of them are gimmee's.
agreed, He should be wearing flip-flops everyday. He talks like he is a true packer fan but says he wanted the Vikings to win on sunday? He is most likely a fan who just happens to be winning at the time. I can't respect that. Packer fans that I know are true to their team win or lose as I am for the purple.Baltimore, Dallas and the steelers will be a tough game and your right about the cards,niners and seahawks can play some ball. Chicago at chicago will also be a dogfight but i can see a 10-6 season for the pack which will get you guys in.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed, He should be wearing flip-flops everyday. He talks like he is a true packer fan but says he wanted the Vikings to win on sunday? He is most likely a fan who just happens to be winning at the time. I can't respect that. Packer fans that I know are true to their team win or lose as I am for the purple.Baltimore, Dallas and the steelers will be a tough game and your right about the cards,niners and seahawks can play some ball. Chicago at chicago will also be a dogfight but i can see a 10-6 season for the pack which will get you guys in.

I hope 10-6 gets us there, but with Atlanta turning it on now, plus three teams in the NFC East also playing well, it's gonna be a long shot. Throw in SF and AZ and I'm not sure 10-6 gets it done. I think in reality we'll need to win 11 to make it. We'll need wins over Dallas and SF for sure, plus we need to beat the teams we're supposed to like Tampa and Detroit.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully AP will get it going and #4 will have to do less.As a viking fan i don't want to put the season on a 40 year old arm
That is very surprising for Chilly to start handing the reigns over to Favre so much but maybe he wanted to get the ball to him and let him pick apart the D.

I hope AD does start getting some decent days as I have him in one of my fantasy leagues.:)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let me correct you: I am not a kool-aid-drinking, delusional, refuse-to-accept-reality, or homer-to-the-core type of Packers fan. I choose not to inhabit Wonderland - I like real life best.

Again, you would be best served to focus on my arguments rather than speculate on my level of fanhood. What is not realistic about Green Bay finishing 10-6? Provide some evidence on why you do not agree.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a very very tough remaining schedule. Winning the division is an impossibility now but mathematically possible. I really think we will recieve Dallas and Zona's A game along with the ravens and steelers to boot.

Vikings remaining winning percentage: .491.

Green Bay remaining winning percentage: .441.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Again, don't let the hate consume you. Whether or not I am a Packers fan is really irrelevant to my initial post. What matters is the content of my post. And, you seem to agree with me yet again, but in your usual roundabout, incoherent way.

Stick to the "arguments" and to hell with the "personal".

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me correct you: I am not a kool-aid-drinking, delusional, refuse-to-accept-reality, or homer-to-the-core type of Packers fan. I choose not to inhabit Wonderland - I like real life best.

No, you're an "I'm pissed at management so I'm going to root for my rivals to win because they signed my hero" kind of fan. Even Vikings fans don't respect you. But I digress.

Again, you would be best served to focus on my arguments rather than speculate on my level of fanhood. What is not realistic about Green Bay finishing 10-6? Provide some evidence on why you do not agree.

Nowhere in my response did I say GB couldn't win 10 games. Please, quote me.

I said I think it will take winning 11 to go to the playoffs. We're in the middle of a lot of other teams that are about as talented as we are. Right now there are three NFC East teams with better records than us and a handful of teams with similar or close records. Not to mentions we simply cannot rule out Chicago. It's a tough road.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings remaining winning percentage: .491.

Green Bay remaining winning percentage: .441.

Vikings 7-1

Packers 4-3

I just dont think the pack will catch up to them. Regardless it is going to be a very tight wild card race.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Hopefully AP will get it going and #4 will have to do less.As a viking fan i don't want to put the season on a 40 year old arm

Well it's a good thing he got his 40 year old "surgically" replaced by a 20 year old's. Only rational explanation for the losses. PROVE ME WRONG!:comando:

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's a good thing he got his 40 year old "surgically" replaced by a 20 year old's. Only rational explanation for the losses. PROVE ME WRONG!:comando:
I still think he took some sort of PED during the offseason to recover.

Members online

Latest posts