Packers/Texans....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I started to get the feeling on this the last few weeks. It depends heavily on Houston grabbing the first or second seed though.

Houston is improving a lot on D. In fact the injury to Mario was not as bad as initially expected, he is not a very good fit for Wade's 3-4.

This team has been playing without Andre and can still light it up on offense. They can run the ball as well as anyone. Might be the most balanced team in the league IMO.

Of course with Houston the choke factor is often there to me and they are playoff newbies. But, I think they are better then the teams in the AFC East, West and they already beat the Steelers at home. Flacco is inconsistent.

I think Packers vs. Texans would be a great Super Bowl. I have been looking for that dark horse AFC team all year and nobody seems to talk about Houston.

Something tells me this could be the year that not only the Texans make the playoffs for the first time but also make the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I dunno.. if the patriots play like they did today... man no one will be beating them in the AFC. No one.

I was not that impressed. Sanchez sucks. I half fell asleep in this game.

This isn't about NE though.

This is about the Texans chances of making the SB possibly. I think they are a huge dark horse. They are new at this though but they are a better team then being given credit for. The league will likely have a suprise for us in the postseason.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is about the Texans chances of making the SB possibly. I think they are a huge dark horse. They are new at this though but they are a better team then being given credit for. The league will likely have a suprise for us in the postseason.
i completely agree. I mean they are winning games (comfortably i must say) without their starting receiver.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I still think if we make it back we'll be playing the Ravens. Ravens seem to be a team that just plays to the level of their opposition. I don't know why this is, or why they are so content to suck eggs when they aren't playing a team that isn't the Steelers, but when they bring their best they are pretty hard to beat.

Texans are a strong possibility as well, but Schaub is just straight up stupid with the ball in his hands sometimes and really beating Tampa doesn't necessarily make me think they are a legit favorite. Tampa has shown up to games and played like a High School team a few times this season and today was another one of those days.

With that being said they do have all the pieces to be successful, but they need to execute better and minimize turnovers to have a chance.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I still think if we make it back we'll be playing the Ravens. Ravens seem to be a team that just plays to the level of their opposition. I don't know why this is, or why they are so content to suck eggs when they aren't playing a team that isn't the Steelers, but when they bring their best they are pretty hard to beat.

Texans are a strong possibility as well, but Schaub is just straight up stupid with the ball in his hands sometimes and really beating Tampa doesn't necessarily make me think they are a legit favorite. Tampa has shown up to games and played like a High School team a few times this season and today was another one of those days.

With that being said they do have all the pieces to be successful, but they need to execute better and minimize turnovers to have a chance.

I noticed this too and it's very frustrating.

I just have been looking for an AFC dark horse all year. I have to give props to the Texans though finally. They are not falling in the trap of let down games like in years past.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I started to get the feeling on this the last few weeks. It depends heavily on Houston grabbing the first or second seed though.

Houston is improving a lot on D. In fact the injury to Mario was not as bad as initially expected, he is not a very good fit for Wade's 3-4.

This team has been playing without Andre and can still light it up on offense. They can run the ball as well as anyone. Might be the most balanced team in the league IMO.

Of course with Houston the choke factor is often there to me and they are playoff newbies. But, I think they are better then the teams in the AFC East, West and they already beat the Steelers at home. Flacco is inconsistent.

I think Packers vs. Texans would be a great Super Bowl. I have been looking for that dark horse AFC team all year and nobody seems to talk about Houston.

Something tells me this could be the year that not only the Texans make the playoffs for the first time but also make the Super Bowl.
Was just tellin all my friends that it will be pack texans in the SB but one thing texans cant win in Indy..........

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Was just tellin all my friends that it will be pack texans in the SB but one thing texans cant win in Indy..........

Texans have been the little brother team to the Colts for so long. Now I am watching them grow up so fast. *wipes tear from eye* I am almost proud.

They ran all over the Steelers this year in their win over them. And today's win over TB was exactly the sort of win they don't get in years past.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Texans have been the little brother team to the Colts for so long. Now I am watching them grow up so fast. *wipes tear from eye* I am almost proud.

They ran all over the Steelers this year in their win over them. And today's win over TB was exactly the sort of win they don't get in years past.
Texans would be a hell of a team to play in the SB dont get me wrong but I still dont think they can win in Indy even if its not the colts there playing lol

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schaub is expected to miss several weeks with a foot injury so I guess we will find out how good the Texans are with Leinert as the starting qb.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Leinart will be guiding this Texan ship for the rest of the season most likely. Or, until he's also injured.

I was thinking about Leinart yesterday when looking at a potential Packers-49ers matchup, which would be Rodgers vs Alex Smith.

That 2005 Draft.

If you'll recall, Leinart was THE MAN at that time, coming off the Heisman trophy win and NCAA title. He was, like Luck would have been this year had he declared, the consensus #1 pick. I actually bet someone that he'd be coming out because who wouldn't if they were going to be the #1 overall pick.
Well I lost that bet.... I failed to account for the Playboy Mansion girls that Leinart was getting those days.... remember he was buds with Nick Lachey from 98 Degrees or nSYNC or one of those groups.

Behind Leinart was John David Booty, who then did well after Leinart left... then Mark Sanchez.... now we have Matt Barkley. Behind half of those guys, never starting a game at USC ever, was Matt Cassell, who has gotten a huge NFL contract in Kansas City, and who also got hurt yesterday to end his season.

Someone should research the 2006 NFL season. Matt Leinart, as a rookie NFL starter for Denny Green's Cardinals, actually did pretty well. At first. Then he regressed.

If Leinart is mentally prepared, he'll do okay for the Texans. But he could sure use Andre Johnson back now!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

The reaction of Rex Ryan's face every 3 and out, NE Touchdown, Sanchez screw up....PRICELESS

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't hate Billechek, surprisingly. I think he's a decent offensive coach, but he's extremely overrated for a defensive guy, but I have to admit, he's the great decline of the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Guys like Josh McDaniels and Eric Mangini proved to be total morons without Billechek. Under him, he makes a great limb of Parcells coaching tree look bad.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate Billechek, surprisingly. I think he's a decent offensive coach, but he's extremely overrated for a defensive guy, but I have to admit, he's the great decline of the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Guys like Josh McDaniels and Eric Mangini proved to be total morons without Billechek. Under him, he makes a great limb of Parcells coaching tree look bad.
belichick, believe it or not, doesnt have much to do with the offensive.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Oh God. Poor Texans now with Schaub out. I feel bad for them. They are the little brothers of the AFC South now taking charge.....

I wonder how Leinart does. At least they can run the ball.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
texans are FINISHED IMO

Well if they are then this opens the door for the Titans who have been hanging around. Neither team has an impossible schedule.

The Texans do play good D and run the ball. So, lets see how this shapes up. The AFC South was paved with diamonds this year for the Texans and they still get bad luck.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Not like the Colts are.

Ouch. But, at least when the Colts go down they go down hard and swinging. None of this "slow painful agony" stuff for this team.

Texans are not dead. This is the same team who nearly beat the Colts one year until the Rosencopter fumble.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts