Packers/Texans....

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
AAAAND Schaub is out for the season. Nicely done Jules. You single handedly ruined their season.
/was worried about the Texans.

lmao

Still I have said this before here (maybe) but I met a crazy/intense random woman this offseason who told me it was going to be a Packers/Steelers rematch. She said to count on it and she had called most SBs since the late 90's before they happened.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
What do we do to AFC teams here? Bogart raves about Baltimore early on and Flacco is up and down.

I raved about the Jets and then look what happened?

Now the Texans?

Go Pats go!!! Patriots own. Brady is the best!!!!:tup:

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Favre to Texans. Favre Rodgers SB. Its on.

lmao

Don't worry guys. Can't jinx GB. Unjinxable. I was calling a Packers SB to people I knew last year before they even beat up Atlanta.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
FAVRE SIGNS WITH TEXANS

What should I do?

Should I come back next season?

Should i stay retired?

What should I do?

Should I sign with the Houston Texans

Play my old team in the Super Bowl?

Or should I tell ya....

I AM NOT COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT

I ain't retired to start with!

What should I do?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre to Texans. Favre Rodgers SB. Its on.
Funny that you mention that 'cause PFT is thinking the same thing!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/14/texans-should-give-favre-a-call/

And here's the comment I left:

Yeah, go ahead and call him Texans.
I can just see it now.
Superbowl.
Texans vs Packers
4th Quarter
15 Seconds left
Tie game at 35-35
Texans with ball on Packers 30
4th and 5
Favre goes back to pass. There’s a man open on the 20.
But Favre goes for the end zone.
What’s this? Charles Woodson intercepts and takes it back to the house!
Pack wins!
Oh, you so know that’s what exactly would happen to the overrated BrINT Fail.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The dream stays alive!! Packers vs. a real Cinderalla story in Yates would be an amazing SB. And a tough one too.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Texans are better than the Niners I believe. Alex Smith still sucks, and it's pretty bad he got out played by a 3rd stringer today, whom also has to depend on their greater defense to get stops.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
AAAAND Schaub is out for the season. Nicely done Jules. You single handedly ruined their season.
/was worried about the Texans.

I helped them! See, Schaub is a bit overrated. Leinart is totally not worth it.

Now they have a 5th round rookie who can get **** done in the clutch. Schaub used to choke at times.

Great D, great run game and clutch rookie QB=Winning!

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They still have a running game and defense to compete. Yates didn't look half bad this week. Could still happen.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'd rather get the Texans than Steelers.

Our defense has a case of Jekyl and Hyde. Some days, they show up, play a damn good game. Most the time, they have you yelling, screaming and cussing. Then sometimes they are bad, and straighten up in the second half. I can't really predict a Super Bowl, but the Texans would probably have fun with our defense, and chop it up for an easy 150 yards rushing.

I do think their defense would give Rodgers some hell. If they shut down some other top offenses this year, they could be trouble.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather get the Texans than Steelers.

Our defense has a case of Jekyl and Hyde. Some days, they show up, play a damn good game. Most the time, they have you yelling, screaming and cussing. Then sometimes they are bad, and straighten up in the second half. I can't really predict a Super Bowl, but the Texans would probably have fun with our defense, and chop it up for an easy 150 yards rushing.

I do think their defense would give Rodgers some hell. If they shut down some other top offenses this year, they could be trouble.
After reading through your post about how good the Texans are, I just gotta ask: Are you sure you'd rather have them then the Stealers?
Gee, how good are the Stealers that you don't want them?

By gut instinct, I'd rather have the Pack play a top team rather than an underdog who had to claw and scratch their way to the Big Game.
Case in point: Giants and last year's Packers.
Both showed how hungry they were and who wanted it more.
It will mean something to dethrone the champs if they get there two years in a row but it would mean a hell of a lot more with a struggling team.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
After reading through your post about how good the Texans are, I just gotta ask: Are you sure you'd rather have them then the Stealers?
Gee, how good are the Stealers that you don't want them?

By gut instinct, I'd rather have the Pack play a top team rather than an underdog who had to claw and scratch their way to the Big Game.
Case in point: Giants and last year's Packers.
Both showed how hungry they were and who wanted it more.
It will mean something to dethrone the champs if they get there two years in a row but it would mean a hell of a lot more with a struggling team.

Cinderella teams can be the worst. At times lately I am not even sure I should count the Broncos as one. Tebow is a mega superstar.

And the Texans could win 12 to 13 games. Thats not always Cinderella material either for a regular season. But, if you had told me in preseason they would lose Schaub/Mario and Andre for several games and then clinch the division this early with a rookie 5th round QB I would have said yeah right.

So, I guess the Texans could be Cinderella even if they have a bye week LOL. And they might be the most overlooked AFC playoff team come January with all the big names and proven teams around them.

Not all Cinderella's win though. 2008 Cards come to mind. I thought the Steelers would destroy them heading into the game but I was proved wrong.

Although Texans fans might be the easiest fans to deal with for two weeks heading into a SB if both teams made it. They generally have easy going fans who are just in awe of whats happening this year and have been patiently waiting for the Colts to fall apart or Peyton to retire. I think I saw maybe one Texans troll on a Colts forum in many years. Their players won't talk crap.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I helped them! See, Schaub is a bit overrated. Leinart is totally not worth it.

Now they have a 5th round rookie who can get **** done in the clutch. Schaub used to choke at times.

Great D, great run game and clutch rookie QB=Winning!
I agree that Schaub is overrated, but I still question how far can this team go. Do you like hteir chances with Yates against Patriots/Steelers/Ravens?

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I agree that Schaub is overrated, but I still question how far can this team go. Do you like hteir chances with Yates against Patriots/Steelers/Ravens?

Tough to say. I like Houston the best on a personal level above other AFC playoff teams right now but I would not go and bet money on them or anything lol.

I think they can beat anyone IN Houston maybe. On the road gets a big dicier. Baltimore already whooped them this year. They did beat the Steelers and Foster ran for over 150 yards on that D. Granted this was all with Schaub.

I think they can beat NE at home. NE's D is not good enough for me to even think that Yates could screw up against them. I have seen Orlovsky and Grossman have solid outings vs. NE.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if i was a betting man i would bet a Packers/Patriots Super Bowl which would have tremendous ratings and be a high flying game. What i would LIKE to see is a Packers/Broncos Super Bowl because that would mean Tebow won 2-3 playoff games already and it would be a great story. I think the Texans are still flying under the radar similar to a seattle team that snuck up on new orleans last year, but with a ton more talent than that team. I don't think they get out of the first round though.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember you brought this up a few weeks ago in chat, Jules. I think it's possible they may be a dark horse candidate. Everyone is so focused on the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens in the AFC, could we be overlooking the Texans or another team for that matter? This is really more of a concern for teams in the AFC, I honestly think the Packers can beat any team the AFC puts up right now anyway. But the Texans would make the SB a bit interesting to say the least.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I remember you brought this up a few weeks ago in chat, Jules. I think it's possible they may be a dark horse candidate. Everyone is so focused on the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens in the AFC, could we be overlooking the Texans or another team for that matter? This is really more of a concern for teams in the AFC, I honestly think the Packers can beat any team the AFC puts up right now anyway. But the Texans would make the SB a bit interesting to say the least.

Yep. This kid is a rookie lol. He has some swagger at times for sure to me.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I would not pencil in anyone from the AFC though. And yeah I think the Packers can beat any of them.
I just heard Houston has another injury, a starting guard I think but may be back for the playoffs. Oh well, next men up in Houston I suppose.....

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I'm kind of wondering if he just wants the Texans in because Brady scares him a bit. Personally I would like Rodgers and the Pack whipping Brady and the Pats. It might stop the "who's better" debates.

Members online

Latest posts