Packers Stock Sale

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Like a toaster, or blender!"
One of the rules I instilled in my sons "DON'T EVER BUY AN APPLIANCE AS A GIFT!" no matter what she says. If it has a cord or batteries it better play music or videos. She finally stopped asking for stuff like that after 15-20 years of marriage when I told her that she won't get that from me or her sons. This year she got an office chair for her hobby room.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the rules I instilled in my sons "DON'T EVER BUY AN APPLIANCE AS A GIFT!" no matter what she says. If it has a cord or batteries it better play music or videos. She finally stopped asking for stuff like that after 15-20 years of marriage when I told her that she won't get that from me or her sons. This year she got an office chair for her hobby room.

I would suspect most women wouldn't ask their husbands for all of their battery operated devices.

My uncle got his wife a chainsaw for their anniversary one year and for the next 20 years she talked about how it was the best gift he ever got her. And she didn't even ask for it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would suspect most women wouldn't ask their husbands for all of their battery operated devices.
Well I did hear that their is a battery operated device that is popular with the ladies and they aren't rabbit ears.
One of the rules I instilled in my sons "DON'T EVER BUY AN APPLIANCE AS A GIFT!" no matter what she says.
My Dad told me to never get a woman a vacuum. Guess he got one for my Mom and the first thing she said was "This really sucks".

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious why. I don't mind buying her appliances for the kitchen. She likes to cook and I hear less yapping around the house.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious why. I don't mind buying her appliances for the kitchen. She likes to cook and I hear less yapping around the house.
She cannot go to her friends / sisters and go "I got stuff to cook or clean for him." I'd rather overhear them ooh and aah over some jewelry or article of clothing she wouldn't get for herself. I go for the novelty items. Last year she got a necklace with all the kid's names engraved. She hasn't taken it off yet. It took years to get her complete sets of most of the semi precious stones after I got her the essentials (diamonds, pearls, rubies, emeralds, etc.) Besides if she needs a mixer or blender according to our my credit card statements she knows where Kohls and Target are.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the most memorable gifts I gave my wife were a mink coat (our 2nd year of marriage, my Christmas bonus money), and our 4th year, Chanel No. 5.

She still talks about both after all these years.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She cannot go to her friends / sisters and go "I got stuff to cook or clean for him." I'd rather overhear them ooh and aah over some jewelry or article of clothing she wouldn't get for herself. I go for the novelty items. Last year she got a necklace with all the kid's names engraved. She hasn't taken it off yet. It took years to get her complete sets of most of the semi precious stones after I got her the essentials (diamonds, pearls, rubies, emeralds, etc.) Besides if she needs a mixer or blender according to our my credit card statements she knows where Kohls and Target are.
Awesome,man! That is how it’s supposed to done! If my wife didn’t like cooking I’d be in the dog house buying her that stuff.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the most memorable gifts I gave my wife were a mink coat (our 2nd year of marriage, my Christmas bonus money), and our 4th year, Chanel No. 5.

She still talks about both after all these years.
My wife is a big Betty Boop fan. One year I got her a jacket similar to this:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

She wears it in weather like this. Gets a lot of comments. Not sure she prefers this or the necklace more.

Attachments

• 1642311896719.png
    1642311896719.png
    434.6 KB · Views: 126

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Years ago, I bought my wife Betty Boop floor mats and decals for her golf cart. She was happy as a pig in slop. That was in the days when we had two golf carts at our summer place in Wisconsin. Sometimes it's the gesture, and thought, that's more important. No doubt about it.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never knew women were so fond of Betty Boop.
And you kept making the mistake of bringing her chocolate covered cherries, and roses? That works too, just not as long lasting. The box of candies gets eaten, and the rose wilts. The Betty Boop stuff is there as a reminder of how "good you are at reading her." ;)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And you kept making the mistake of bringing her chocolate covered cherries, and roses? That works too, just not as long lasting. The box of candies gets eaten, and the rose wilts. The Betty Boop stuff is there as a reminder of how "good you are at reading her." ;)
But don't stop the roses. Not sure what it is but even my daughter as a teen liked it when I'd get her a flower now and then. Wife gets ME the chocolate covered cherries. She prefers caramels.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is what I don't understand about women. They are very subtle and just can't tell you what they want. It's like they test you and you have to pass the test by buying the right things to prove you love them.
I'm my case, Mrs. El Guapo just isn't a very detailed person. She still liked them.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife and I have a way of communicating what we want as presents from each other. We tell the other person what it is. Surprisingly, by using that method, we always get exactly what we wanted.

It also helps to leave breadcrumbs, like internet links to the product, and where it can be purchased. :)

Reaction score
We live in Florida now and have bought into the stock program as a gift for my son.

People down here when they hear we spend $300.00 for a worthless piece of paper that
states we're stockholders, they think I'm making it up and we're all nuts.

I say, think about it, who else has a bigger fan base then the Packer Fans.

Go Packers!

Attachments

6.1 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The stock program originally kept the Packers alive back in the 20s, 30s, and 50s. Back then it was proof to Bert Bell and other owners that the city of Green Bay and state of Wisconsin strongly backed the team. The mostly successful stock sales, besides generating needed cash, were also signals to the NFL not to kill off the Packers during times of contraction and league realignment. Since then the 1997, 2011, and now 2021 sales have been about stadium improvements. The funds were not used to keep the team afloat, but to lessen the local burden of stadium projections.

So when folks in Florida or Minnesota or Chicago or anywhere else snicker at the *rubes* buying worthless stock....we are supporting our team financially and gaining limited voting rights. I don't live in Wisconsin anymore but go to Lambeau several times per season. I don't stay in hotels or eat out much when there, so buying stock is one way that I can contribute to a stadium that I use, instead of letting the residents of Brown County bear all of the burden.

That said, the Packers planned to use the 2021/22 stock funds to replace the scoreboard and other upgrades. With only selling 2/3rds of the expected stock, it will be interesting to see if they reduce scope, use some of the considerable funds on hand to make up the difference, take out a loan, or go to the public.

Reaction score
Which brings up the question:
When The Packers added to the stadium improvements, did they raise
the sales tax in the county like Milwaukee Brewers did when they built, they stadium?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best analogy I've heard about why someone would buy a share is it is a lifetime membership fee into a fan club that only allows a [relatively] few members every decade or so. (If half a million can be considered a few.) Those that rant and rave about it being a scam don't understand that point.
Then they should call it a "Fan Club" instead of misusing the word of "Owner," which is why it is a scam.
To spend all this money on a worthless piece of paper and not having any say at all in how to run the team and no really good perks.

I do give them kudos for raising money this way, as a donation which the fans are all too happy to give instead of for more worthwhile causes, instead of fleecing tax payers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s nothing scam about it, people know exactly what they’re getting into. IMO, it’s no different than buying an NFL authentic jersey for 200 bucks. Like people are going to believe you played for the Packers. What’s the point, it’s a shirt. Lol

People like to support their team in different ways. Big deal

And the city of GB would have been Beloit from the 70’s a long time ago without Lambeau field providing a lot of cash and opportunity to the people of GB. It’s brought in far more than it’s required so far and it’s not even close.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Which brings up the question:
When The Packers added to the stadium improvements, did they raise
the sales tax in the county like Milwaukee Brewers did when they built, they stadium?
There was a 1/2% county sales tax that was retired after the bond was payed and the maintenance fund was funded, as agreed to in the original vote. Afterwards the county board said "since you are already used to paying the extra, we'll just vote it back in and keep it rolling in." I don't know of any tax that ended.

Members online

Latest posts