Packers Stock Sale

D

Deleted member 6794

Exactly. I suppose a strong internet effort by enemies of the Packers could do it, but that would be a lot of money spent for not much gain. I don't know exactly what the Board is responsible these days, but it's not like it was prior to Lombardi when they were involved in football operations. I think they more provide guidance to Mark Murphy about how the organization, finances, and long-term investments are handled.

According to the Packers website the committee directs corporate management, approves major capital expenditures, establishes broad policy and monitors management's performance in conducting the business and affairs of the corporation.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question. How do shareholders exercise their voting rights? Do you have to attend the shareholders' meeting? Or do they mail/email ballots? And are the elections for the board of directors actually competitive?

I'm guessing someone knows more about this than I do.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Question. How do shareholders exercise their voting rights? Do you have to attend the shareholders' meeting? Or do they mail/email ballots? And are the elections for the board of directors actually competitive?

Just raise your hand when told to at the annual meeting. Have they sent you your company car and expense account yet? Still waiting on mine.

Also, for all you owners, I hope you read your rights and responsibilities as an owner of the Packers. One clause in the offering documents, prohibits owners from “disparaging” the NFL and imposes penalties of up to $500,000. So don't be caught doing that in here!:coffee:

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They send you a ballot to vote for board members. They’ll give you their recommendation if there are more than two. The recommended candidate will win. That’s about it. You’ll receive an invitation to the annual stock holders meeting at Lambeau, which can be fun.
Bottom line, you have a share, you are an owner. I think that in itself is the payoff and an exhibition of your loyalty. I’m happy to be a stockholder. If you ain’t a Packers owner you ain’t sht.
Any associated liabilities, eg. “Can’t disparage the NFL”. I’m not worried about that. So fk the NFL. Sue me ****.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just raise your hand when told to at the annual meeting. Have they sent you your company car and expense account yet? Still waiting on mine.
Cool, I didn't know I was going to get a car.
As for "disparaging the NFL", as long as they don't require me to be "woke", I'm cool with it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
yup. just show them a pic of what you want. it works all the time.
Smart phones saved the day. Several years back started texting pictures to the wife of what I wanted when I saw it in the store. No offbrand cordless drill that had its own different batteries or faux leather jacket when I sent her the make and model from the display. I didn't know which she got but I knew I wanted whatever it was at one time.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smart phones saved the day. Several years back started texting pictures to the wife of what I wanted when I saw it in the store. No offbrand cordless drill that had its own different batteries or faux leather jacket when I sent her the make and model from the display. I didn't know which she got but I knew I wanted whatever it was at one time.
I send pics like that to my wife, and she responds with; LOL!

So, you've got a good idea how much it works in our household.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife described to me what she wanted this year - a pair of earrings - with a decent description. My daughter and I bought four different pairs for her, but none were "right." Had she sent one of us a picture it would have helped tremendously. Luckily she doesn't like fancy stuff so it wasn't that expensive, and I gave her the gift receipts!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting sending her pictures of photogenic young women and you won't have that problem very long.
That would make her laugh more. We've been married nearly 57 years now, and I'm 81 years old. To me, a young woman is almost any of them that doesn't use a walker or cane!

;)

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife described to me what she wanted this year - a pair of earrings - with a decent description. My daughter and I bought four different pairs for her, but none were "right." Had she sent one of us a picture it would have helped tremendously. Luckily she doesn't like fancy stuff so it wasn't that expensive, and I gave her the gift receipts!
That is what I don't understand about women. They are very subtle and just can't tell you what they want. It's like they test you and you have to pass the test by buying the right things to prove you love them.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would make her laugh more. We've been married nearly 57 years now, and I'm 81 years old. To me, a young woman is almost any of them that doesn't use a walker or cane!

;)
I wanted to be funny by telling you to send pics of your you know what....now that I know your age glad I didn't.

Btw...congrats on your marriage of 57yrs.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted to be funny by telling you to send pics of your you know what....now that I know your age glad I didn't.

Btw...congrats on your marriage of 57yrs.
Thank you! She's a Saint for putting up with me all these years.

I offered to send her pics as you suggest. She just laughed and said; "Send me a picture of something that I can use. Like a toaster, or blender!" :(

Members online

Latest posts