Packers Stock Sale

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They still haven't even sent me a shipping confirmation. Since I placed my order within the first hour and a half on the first day, I'm a little irritated.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You got your order confirmation after though, correct?

If you did I’d imagine you’re good. I think it did say expect 4 weeks for delivery so getting it already surprised me. I’d give Mark a call but I seem to have misplaced his number :)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You got your order confirmation after though, correct?
Yeah, but I ordered mine at the same time as my girlfriend and she got hers today. I'm a patient person generally but it seems like 90% of the people who ordered have their stock already. What's the holdup? I would say worst case scenario I save $335 but they already charged my card, and they say no refunds.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best for last? Dillon and Jones will hand deliver? Good things come to those who wait? Women and children first? I’m not very mentally mature so may that’s it?

If they charged you, you’ll be getting it.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They still haven't even sent me a shipping confirmation. Since I placed my order within the first hour and a half on the first day, I'm a little irritated.
I'm in the same situation. I ordered within the first couple of hours and still haven't heard anything about it being shipped.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally got my stock today, same day as I got the email saying my order was processed. Figured I would post this, since I'm sure the entire forum has been concerned about it. No Dillon or Jones to be seen, however.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally got my stock today, same day as I got the email saying my order was processed. Figured I would post this, since I'm sure the entire forum has been concerned about it. No Dillon or Jones to be seen, however.
I'm happy for you and disappointed about the chosen method of delivery.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally plunked down some money for a 2021 stock. I figure that will balance to the force, so I can have the 2011 and 2021 certificates on each side of my basement television. Mrs. El Guapo didn't seem surprised that I did it, but our daughter said that I could have spent the money more wisely on something for her...

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally plunked down some money for a 2021 stock. I figure that will balance to the force, so I can have the 2011 and 2021 certificates on each side of my basement television. Mrs. El Guapo didn't seem surprised that I did it, but our daughter said that I could have spent the money more wisely on something for her...
I was going to buy stock again this time, then when I was starting to place the order, my wife told me to stop. She'd already done it for me as a Christmas present. It does go well with our other Packer stock. Makes me smile. Owning a piece of the greatest sports franchise on the planet earth is priceless.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Put her name on the purchase

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
got mine a few days after they sent me shipping info. Once you’re a shareholder you can log into a special section of Packer Pro Shop where they have frames for it. I’m happy to be an owner but the whole process seems very oddly/poorly handled

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You need to change that. The minute you decked out your basement, it was transformed into a "media room." It's just like having someone cutting your lawn. If you have a couple of hedges for them to trim up as well, you change their job description to them being, 'Your gardener."

Such it is in the world of trying like all get out to get ahead, or at least look like you are, when you have a beer pocketbook, and want people to believe you drink champagne. It works best out here. My gardener told me so, while we sipped on a couple of bottles of champagne in my media room. ;)

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put her name on the purchase
Sadly I raised a Vikings fan. Early on I bought her a Teddy Bridgewater jersey and her mom had season tickets to their games, so they went a couple times. A few years back she finally went to Lambeau and had a great time. She loved polka dancing to Roll Out The Barrel, cheesecurds, and everything about the experience. She whispered to me that she *might* also be a Packers fan, but generally is more into other sports than football. What can I say, she was born in Minnesota so it makes sense to be a fan....but she has an escape route to Green Bay once she realizes how tragic it is to be a Minnesota sports fan. I'll always leave the door open.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so their offering is 300,000 shares with a shares outstanding of 5 million something but whoever owns 200,000 shares cannot purchase any more shares? how many shares do people buy of this "stock" anyway. holy cow

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that it's because while the shares don't have any monetary value, they do have voting rights. My guess is that they don't want any one person/entity to be able to easily vote out the Packers Board.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait....and you still live with them? :eek:
If I was living in Jacksonville, FL and had a kid born there, I wouldn't mind if they were a Jaguars fan. They would likely feel the same life-long shame as a Vikings fan, and I would still show them the path to righteousness as a Packers fan.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was living in Jacksonville, FL and had a kid born there, I wouldn't mind if they were a Jaguars fan. They would likely feel the same life-long shame as a Vikings fan, and I would still show them the path to righteousness as a Packers fan.
I think you're being entirely too open minded.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that it's because while the shares don't have any monetary value, they do have voting rights. My guess is that they don't want any one person/entity to be able to easily vote out the Packers Board.
Theoretically, I guess a billionaire from Chicago could buy up a huge amount of stock and use his power to undermine the board. Without the limitations in place, I mean.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. I suppose a strong internet effort by enemies of the Packers could do it, but that would be a lot of money spent for not much gain. I don't know exactly what the Board is responsible these days, but it's not like it was prior to Lombardi when they were involved in football operations. I think they more provide guidance to Mark Murphy about how the organization, finances, and long-term investments are handled.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts