Packers sign WR Charles Dillon

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers.com » News » Press Releases » March 9, 2010: Packers Sign WR Dillon[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JO-jWe4G18]YouTube - Charles Dillon 2009 Highlights[/ame]

At first I thought TT just signed another no name free agent but after doing some research on the guy he sounds like an awesome football player. He's been playing for the newly created af2 and looks like a Brandon Marshall clone based on his highlights.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
awesome now lets sign a player at a position we actually need.. i cant see the video but based on your brandon marshall description and im gonna assume hes a big physical reciever.. something i feel that we need because we dont have any tall threats besides finley.. jones, nelson, jennings, and driver are all smaller recievers

never mind i just saw it on packers.com.. hes only 6ft tall how is that brandon marshall type? now i dont like the signing because hes just as short as the rest of the recievers we have

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a hard time accepting players that were good in arena league football... I think there are BIG differences such as when a WR catches a ball against the wall in AF2, they can bounce off and continue running. In the NFL, youd be out of bounds. Can a player adjust to a longer, wider field? I guess time will tell. And another thing.. I watched the video and he doesnt remind me of B Marshall at all. IMO

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason why I brought up the Brandon Marshall comparison is his ability to break tackles after making the catch not in terms of size. Even if he went up against arena league players, they should still be able to tackle right??

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The reason why I brought up the Brandon Marshall comparison is his ability to break tackles after making the catch not in terms of size. Even if he went up against arena league players, they should still be able to tackle right??
Considering those games are routinely played in the 50, 60, and 70 point range, I wouldn't be so sure of that.

BTW, if anybody gets a chance to go to an Arena game, GO. It's a blast. Saw the Blizzard last year, it was fun as hell.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score

well..... lol, they are in arena football for a reason lol :happy0005:

Its an adjustment that majority of players cant make. B Marshall isnt the only player in the NFL that can break tackles haha. Im just messing around.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a hard time accepting players that were good in arena league football... I think there are BIG differences such as when a WR catches a ball against the wall in AF2, they can bounce off and continue running. In the NFL, youd be out of bounds. Can a player adjust to a longer, wider field? I guess time will tell. And another thing.. I watched the video and he doesnt remind me of B Marshall at all. IMO

This is the same criticism that made people doubt Kurt Warner.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering those games are routinely played in the 50, 60, and 70 point range, I wouldn't be so sure of that.

BTW, if anybody gets a chance to go to an Arena game, GO. It's a blast. Saw the Blizzard last year, it was fun as hell.

TRUE!!! Arena games are very fun because they are fast paced and high scoring... I saw the Albany Firebirds play when they were here in Albany, it was the championship game and I had a blast... no more AFL up here though :(

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is one thing about him, though:

He's listed as a kick/punt returner... In there I wouldn't doubt him. If he's actually good at it, then kudos TT...

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what? You're totally right.

Why the hell pay a rookie first rounder so much money?

There's a fat kid in my neiborhood's grocery store that could probably be our LT...

LOL i never meant to send that kind of message. Obviously I'm a big believer in the draft but i was just trying to point out that this dillon kid might not be as bad as people are making him seem.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The White Wizard is slowly crafting his brilliant master plan....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what? You're totally right.

Why the hell pay a rookie first rounder so much money?

There's a fat kid in my neiborhood's grocery store that could probably be our LT...
Hey....I'm that fat kid that works at that grocery store! :blink:

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the video, I hope he can catch on in Green Bay.

But....
if he thinks he will be wearing #5, he is in for a BIG surprise!

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think he might be good, was kinda pissed TT got another WR til I watched the video and realized he could help us in the return game, and his break tackle ability does look pretty good, worth a shot, still hope this isnt all TT will do in free agency... but by now almost anybody worth while is picked up anyways. Looks like its draft season..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the reason we got this kid is ST. And there's a big hole in ST, it's undeniable.

Remember, Josh Cribbs was undrafted. The return game is very underrated. It's only now starting to get some noise. So it's much more plausible to find talented undrafted KR than it is to find talented undrafted WR.

Though Wes Welker was undrafted, also...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the reason we got this kid is ST. And there's a big hole in ST, it's undeniable.

Remember, Josh Cribbs was undrafted. The return game is very underrated. It's only now starting to get some noise. So it's much more plausible to find talented undrafted KR than it is to find talented undrafted WR.

Though Wes Welker was undrafted, also...

Just think if we had Wes Welker and Josh Cribbs. Hopefully Welker will return healthy this year. I hate to see such a good football player go down like that.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Cribbs is a great returner but he isn't flashy with amazing speed or elusiveness. If you look at the game tape from last season, Cribbs had great blocking ahead of him which allowed him to have some great returns. The entire Browns special teams unit is just a great group.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Cribbs is a great returner but he isn't flashy with amazing speed or elusiveness. If you look at the game tape from last season, Cribbs had great blocking ahead of him which allowed him to have some great returns. The entire Browns special teams unit is just a great group.
But you can't deny that Cribbs has really great vision, and that breaks tackles with ease.

I've compared Perish Cox to his style of return. Not fast, but hard to bring down, and with great field vision...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts