1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers sign WR Charles Dillon

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYPacker, Mar 9, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Packers.com » News » Press Releases » March 9, 2010: Packers Sign WR Dillon[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JO-jWe4G18]YouTube - Charles Dillon 2009 Highlights[/ame]

At first I thought TT just signed another no name free agent but after doing some research on the guy he sounds like an awesome football player. He's been playing for the newly created af2 and looks like a Brandon Marshall clone based on his highlights.

2. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    awesome now lets sign a player at a position we actually need.. i cant see the video but based on your brandon marshall description and im gonna assume hes a big physical reciever.. something i feel that we need because we dont have any tall threats besides finley.. jones, nelson, jennings, and driver are all smaller recievers

never mind i just saw it on packers.com.. hes only 6ft tall how is that brandon marshall type? now i dont like the signing because hes just as short as the rest of the recievers we have

3. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I have a hard time accepting players that were good in arena league football... I think there are BIG differences such as when a WR catches a ball against the wall in AF2, they can bounce off and continue running. In the NFL, youd be out of bounds. Can a player adjust to a longer, wider field? I guess time will tell. And another thing.. I watched the video and he doesnt remind me of B Marshall at all. IMO

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Profiled at 6-0 188 at his college site, so...

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I hope he doesn't catch the ball and stop at the 50, thinking he just scored a touchdown.

6. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The reason why I brought up the Brandon Marshall comparison is his ability to break tackles after making the catch not in terms of size. Even if he went up against arena league players, they should still be able to tackle right??

7. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Considering those games are routinely played in the 50, 60, and 70 point range, I wouldn't be so sure of that.

BTW, if anybody gets a chance to go to an Arena game, GO. It's a blast. Saw the Blizzard last year, it was fun as hell.

8. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    well..... lol, they are in arena football for a reason lol :happy0005:

Its an adjustment that majority of players cant make. B Marshall isnt the only player in the NFL that can break tackles haha. Im just messing around.

9. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    This is the same criticism that made people doubt Kurt Warner.

10. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22

TRUE!!! Arena games are very fun because they are fast paced and high scoring... I saw the Albany Firebirds play when they were here in Albany, it was the championship game and I had a blast... no more AFL up here though :(

11. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I hope youre right about this guy, but a Kurt Warner is few and far far far far between.

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    You know what? You're totally right.

Why the hell pay a rookie first rounder so much money?

There's a fat kid in my neiborhood's grocery store that could probably be our LT...

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    There is one thing about him, though:

He's listed as a kick/punt returner... In there I wouldn't doubt him. If he's actually good at it, then kudos TT...

14. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    LOL i never meant to send that kind of message. Obviously I'm a big believer in the draft but i was just trying to point out that this dillon kid might not be as bad as people are making him seem.

15. PackerManLV

PackerManLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    arena football and the nfl totally diffrent, he got him for special team reasons.

16. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    The White Wizard is slowly crafting his brilliant master plan....

[​IMG]

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Hey....I'm that fat kid that works at that grocery store! :blink:

18. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I just watched the video, I hope he can catch on in Green Bay.

But....
    if he thinks he will be wearing #5, he is in for a BIG surprise!

19. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Think he might be good, was kinda pissed TT got another WR til I watched the video and realized he could help us in the return game, and his break tackle ability does look pretty good, worth a shot, still hope this isnt all TT will do in free agency... but by now almost anybody worth while is picked up anyways. Looks like its draft season..

20. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    No running head starts in the NFL from behind the LOS.

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I think the reason we got this kid is ST. And there's a big hole in ST, it's undeniable.

Remember, Josh Cribbs was undrafted. The return game is very underrated. It's only now starting to get some noise. So it's much more plausible to find talented undrafted KR than it is to find talented undrafted WR.

Though Wes Welker was undrafted, also...

22. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Just think if we had Wes Welker and Josh Cribbs. Hopefully Welker will return healthy this year. I hate to see such a good football player go down like that.

23. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Welker is half the Patriots' attack, considering their lacking running game...

24. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Josh Cribbs is a great returner but he isn't flashy with amazing speed or elusiveness. If you look at the game tape from last season, Cribbs had great blocking ahead of him which allowed him to have some great returns. The entire Browns special teams unit is just a great group.

25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    But you can't deny that Cribbs has really great vision, and that breaks tackles with ease.

I've compared Perish Cox to his style of return. Not fast, but hard to bring down, and with great field vision...