Packers sign Jenkins to extension

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Given that Jenkins is young, it’s possible that they made this move while planning a transition to love (or while remaining undecided).

However, letting him reach FA and walk would have sent a clear message that they’re not running it back.

So this move isn’t definitive, but it leans me toward them trying again with Rodgers and trading Love.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be intetesting to see the cap hit for next year. At 26, he's still young enough to not push most of the money to the final years of the contract and go with a more balanced cap hits over the duration of the contract. 17 million per year is obviously great money for an elite guard or RT but isn't anywhere what an elite LT makes. Jenkins unsurprisingly isn't the LT of the future.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great job getting this done by Gute and Ball. I wish my Red Sox got things done like this.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this CLEARLY means the Packers are; keeping Rogers, keeping Love, or keeping both Rogers AND Love!!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

It will be intetesting to see the cap hit for next year. At 26, he's still young enough to not push most of the money to the final years of the contract and go with a more balanced cap hits over the duration of the contract. 17 million per year is obviously great money for an elite guard or RT but isn't anywhere what an elite LT makes. Jenkins unsurprisingly isn't the LT of the future.

According to several reports Jenkins received a $24 million signing bonus which will most likely be prorated over this and the next four seasons, resulting in a cap hit of $4.8 million in each year.

Therefore I guess he will receive the veteran minimum base salary in 2023, resulting in a cap hit of $6 million next season.

As a side note, his yearly average salary of $17 million would rank tied for eighth among left tackles in the league.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts