Packers Sign Draft Choice Tony Moll

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers Tuesday signed tackle/guard Tony Moll, the club’s second of two selections in the fifth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the signing.

Moll, a 6-foot-5, 308-pound lineman out of Nevada, is the fifth Packers draft choice to sign a contract. The club also has signed defensive end Dave Tollefson (June 23), defensive tackle Johnny Jolly (July 7), safety Tyrone Culver (July 11) and cornerback Will Blackmon (July 14).

The Sonoma, Calif., native spent his first four years (2001-04) at tight end, including his ’01 redshirt year, before moving to offensive tackle for his senior season. In his lone campaign as a lineman, started all 12 games at weak-side tackle, earning first-team All-Western Athletic Conference honors.

Moll gained 45 pounds in the offseason before his senior year, in order to prepare for his new position.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams have started to sign 2nd round picks when are the pack going to sign some 3rd, 2nd and 1st round picks? Packers training camp starts in 10 days signing picks should pick up right?

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read on ESPN today that very few 1-3 round draft picks have been signed. Mario is the only first-round pick signed. Everybody waits until the last minute, so the Packers are if anything ahead of most teams.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv said:
I read on ESPN today that very few 1-3 round draft picks have been signed. Mario is the only first-round pick signed. Everybody waits until the last minute, so the Packers are if anything ahead of most teams.

Wrong. The Packers are behind when it comes to signing. The eagles have signed everyone of their picks but Bunkley, their first rounder.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The big question is not whether we sign all of our picks. It's whether we keep them all on the 53 man roster.

This year we have 12 draft picks.

If we keep them all, who is cut from the non-rookies to fill the 53 man roster?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe we'll keep all 12 picks this year. How many did we keep from last year again?

Anyway, I think the Packers will get most if not all of their picks signed, sealed, and delivered before TC. If anyone misses a day, it will be AJ Hawk and that's pretty common for picks taken that high.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I don't believe we'll keep all 12 picks this year. How many did we keep from last year again?

Anyway, I think the Packers will get most if not all of their picks signed, sealed, and delivered before TC. If anyone misses a day, it will be AJ Hawk and that's pretty common for picks taken that high.

We had 11 rookies but kept 10 draft picks.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to worry yet, some of the players will be signing contracts and running onto the practice field. The key is to get Hawk and Jennings on the field from the start since we need them to contribute this year.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
is anybody ACTUALLY worried about Hawk missing any time because of a delayed contract signing? didn't think so.

I'm not worried about Hawk getting signed but am just saying that picks in the top 5 or so take a little more time than the others. If my impression of Hawk is accurate, he's the kind of player that will want it done so he can get into camp on time and go to work.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Round Pick
1, 5 - Hawk, A.J. OLB
2, 47- Colledge, Daryn OT
2, 52- Jennings, Greg WR
3, 67- Hodge, Abdul ILB
3, 75- Spitz, Jason C
4, 104- Rodgers, Cory WR
4, 115- Blackmon, Will WR/CB ______ Signed July 14
5, 148- Martin, Ingle QB
5, 165- Moll, Tony OT ______ Signed July 18
6, 183- Jolly, Johnny DT_____ Signed July 7
6, 185- Culver, Tyrone FS_____ Signed July 11
7, 253- Tollefson, Dave DE______ Signed June 23

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
billv said:

Wrong. The Packers are behind when it comes to signing. The eagles have signed everyone of their picks but Bunkley, their first rounder.

The Eagles are ahead of most teams in signing picks because their training camp starts a week earlier than most. Only one other team (I forget which one) starts training camp this week. So the Pack is not necessarily behind most of the league.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the vikings have signed two of three second rounds picks number 48 and 51 which both happen to be the pick before or after the packers so the pack should have some idea of what to offer there picks. lots of other teams now have 2nd round picks signed two so the pack should get it done

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea Greg makes a good point about the eagles but the Packers are still behind most. They still have 6 guys drafted in the first 4 rounds unsigned with a little more than a week till TC. The good news is when they start signing they usually come in bunches.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The Eagles are ahead of most teams in signing picks because their training camp starts a week earlier than most. Only one other team (I forget which one) starts training camp this week. So the Pack is not necessarily behind most of the league.

The Eagles do start their Training Camp earlier than any other team, it starts tomorrow (the 20th). The next earliest start dates are for the Raiders and the Chargers who start on Monday (the 24th).

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jets start tomorrow to I believe and D'Brick isn't signed yet. If Hawk misses a couple of days I'm find with that. I'm sure if he does people will use it to bash Green Bay's front office in anyway. Now if Hawk misses weeks, then something is wrong. So far no 1st round picks are signed outside of Mario Williams and it looks like Broderick Bunkley is close as well.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Jets start tomorrow to I believe and D'Brick isn't signed yet. If Hawk misses a couple of days I'm find with that. I'm sure if he does people will use it to bash Green Bay's front office in anyway. Now if Hawk misses weeks, then something is wrong. So far no 1st round picks are signed outside of Mario Williams and it looks like Broderick Bunkley is close as well.

I think the Packers will announce all their signings within a day or so of each other this weekend or early next week.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think so too based on comments made by TT. He has said that negotiations are ongoing with all of them and he thinks there is a real chance that it will get done.

I think if they sign them all before camp, that will be a first in a while.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I think so too based on comments made by TT. He has said that negotiations are ongoing with all of them and he thinks there is a real chance that it will get done.

I think if they sign them all before camp, that will be a first in a while.

Ditto....sometimes they have guys ready to sign but need to get one more on board before pulling he trigger. For instance you don't wanna pay a 4th round WR the same as a 2nd rounder and all the money needs to fall under the rookie salary cap. When you get that one guy on board everything else falls into place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts