Packers Release Nick Collins

Reaction score
The Packers have released Nick Collins according to his agent. I think I might cry :cry:. He was always one of my favorite Packers and was putting up HOF numbers. Looks like that Pick 6 in the Super Bowl is his legacy. I'll definitely miss him.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I wonder what the reasoning is behind this? Maybe he wants to still play, but the packers staff is scared to put him out there?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How many new threads will be created on this? Over under is 3

GL Nick...You will be missed

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he plays anywhere else this year I for one will not be a happy camper. If his doctors that have been looking at this situation since day one say that he is OK to play why would the organization go against that?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If he plays anywhere else this year I for one will not be a happy camper. If his doctors that have been looking at this situation since day one say that he is OK to play why would the organization go against that?

Why would organizations do a lot of things they do? I would have at least liked to see Collins participate in OTA's and Minicamps on a light basis before they made their decision.

It wouldn't be the first time this organization made a questionable cut.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bummer. They released him so Nick must intend to play again. This kind of sucks. There is a point where you have to let a man make his own decisions. Unless my docs were saying he is a high risk, but I don't think that's the case here.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I will laugh very hard, and then cry when and if this comes back to bite us in the butt

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have liked Nick to retire before a cut, it's sad to see him in this situation, even though he's playing career looked over.
I just can't believe he's no longer a Packer, but in my mind he will be a Packer for life, and that pick 6 in SB is just a great thing to remember him for (one of many).

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a big blow for our team/defense. I really thought he couldve came back, but its saftey first.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I wonder what the reasoning is behind this? Maybe he wants to still play, but the packers staff is scared to put him out there?
I tend to agree w/the Packers front office. As much as we need Collins & I hate to see him get released it's better to leave early & be able to live a good life than get hurt & possibly be in a wheelchair for life. I'd like to see TT move up to#10 & get Barron.

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to agree w/the Packers front office. As much as we need Collins & I hate to see him get released it's better to leave early & be able to live a good life than get hurt & possibly be in a wheelchair for life. I'd like to see TT move up to#10 & get Barron.
And the cost of moving up, that would be all the Packers picks or almost, don't do that TT!!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the cost of moving up, is just all the Packers picks together or almost, don't do that TT!!
It wouldn't be more than 3 picks. We get Barron,next a decent pass rusher & get either Pead or Polk for our RB. If we don't get Barron we need to get Brockers

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have liked Nick to retire before a cut, it's sad to see him in this situation, even though he's playing career looked over.
I just can't believe he's no longer a Packer, but in my mind he will be a Packer for life, and that pick 6 in SB is just a great thing to remember him for (one of many).
The fact that he was cut and made available to other teams tells me that Collins intends to continue playing. If he did not, he would have retired.

Perhaps no other teams will sign him - that is how it panned out for Murphy. But if some team does sign him, I'm just hoping it is not the Vikings.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Additionally, big appreciation for the Packers organization right now. Think about the timing. They released him before the draft so that another team can sign him - whereas a team that needs a safety, may draft a safety, and then not sign Collins. This timing doesn't help the Packers because it may indicate the Packers will be drafting a safety. But it appears they timed it prior to the draft for Collins personal benefit.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would organizations do a lot of things they do? I would have at least liked to see Collins participate in OTA's and Minicamps on a light basis before they made their decision.

It wouldn't be the first time this organization made a questionable cut.
You had to know the Packers were going to release him as coach McCarthy said"If he were my son I wouldn't let him play."Would you rather have Collins play & risk the chance that he could have a career ending injury on your watch or think of his safety first & let him go. As the saying goes,it's better to have loved & lost than never to have loved at all.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you move all the way up to 10 you have to think he is going to be the next Ed reed. Otherwise it's a huge risk

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts