Packers Release Nick Collins

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have liked Nick to retire before a cut, it's sad to see him in this situation, even though he's playing career looked over.
What that tells me, by him not choosing to retire a Packer, is that he intends to keep playing this risky violent game of football, but the Packers were unwilling to let that be for our team.
I'm so sad, and so mad, at this news.
The madness is that we have been EFF'd worse than any other team I can think of when it comes to neck injuries ruining careers. And none of them came from vicious, dirty hits or anything too.
Sterling Sharpe, Tim Lewis, Terrance Murphy, now Collins. All players in their prime or about to hit their prime.
I thought Murphy had a promising career as a 2nd-3rd round WR for Thompson, a la Jennings, Jordy, Jones, Cobb.

I'm getting a Collins jersey before next season starts... I feel like I'm overdue on getting one.
I just got one last week.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you move all the way up to 10 you have to think he is going to be the next Ed reed. Otherwise it's a huge risk
We don't need 12 people. I believe we need 3 play makeres. It's a bigger risk at 10 then if we get someone at 28. If Barron is the next Ed reed it would improve our D greatly! Plus we get a decenct pass rusher a RB preferably Pead or Polk & then either get a C or a back up QB for Rodgers.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why has Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu, and Brian Dawkins, lasted so long but we only got 6 years out of our guy?
Not fair.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why has Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu, and Brian Dawkins, lasted so long but we only got 6 years out of our guy?
Not fair.

We have had back to back hall of fame QBs. I think we came out pretty well compared to most teams.

**** the bears haven't had a QB since luckman.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, ESPN can suck **********

They barely even mentioned this on NFL Live.
At the end of the show, it was item #2 on the 4-item oh-by-the-way list, right there with kicker Neal Rackers being signed.

Then the ESPN Update at the top of the hour, mentions Asante Samuel but not Collins.

Nick always got no respect from the national ******** (edit if you must but *** is in the dictionary).
He's been as good as Ed Reed or Polamalu but never got the pub like the big-mouthed Raven and the long-haired Polamalu, both playing in the east.

Even when Nick made a big play to help us BEAT POLAMALU in the Super Bowl, while Troy allowed 2 on his watch, Nick is still a footnote? Really? I hate ESPN now like many of you. Had enough of the lack or respect for our quiet superstars.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have had back to back hall of fame QBs. I think we came out pretty well compared to most teams.

**** the bears haven't had a QB since luckman.
Well they drafted Cade McClown in the 1st round too. A team deserves to suffer for a decade+ for that alone.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need 12 people. I believe we need 3 play makeres. It's a bigger risk at 10 then if we get someone at 28. If Barron is the next Ed reed it would improve our D greatly! Plus we get a decenct pass rusher a RB preferably Pead or Polk & then either get a C or a back up QB for Rodgers.

You have to look at 3-5 years down the road. Never at just the immediate needs.

Ted hits so well on picks I want as many bodies in camp in hopes of him hitting on more than just banking on a player or two.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Not fair.

Ever hear of a guy named Bob Sanders? It was even worse. So much freaking talent and fire. He was the FIRE for the SB run.

I am sad to hear about Collins but not suprised. It's like the Peyton Manning situation in some ways.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me insensitive but if he was cleared to play by the doctors, goes on with a career with someone else, I'll be pissed!

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is I read on JSOnline they said Collins was looking for a second opinion. My forst reaction to that was that he was doing so to find a doctor who would say he could play...but who knows?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
If he plays anywhere else this year I for one will not be a happy camper. If his doctors that have been looking at this situation since day one say that he is OK to play why would the organization go against that?

If he plays somewhere else and gets injured again I will be real unhappy with him.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What that tells me, by him not choosing to retire a Packer, is that he intends to keep playing this risky violent game of football, but the Packers were unwilling to let that be for our team.
I'm so sad, and so mad, at this news.
The madness is that we have been EFF'd worse than any other team I can think of when it comes to neck injuries ruining careers. And none of them came from vicious, dirty hits or anything too.
Sterling Sharpe, Tim Lewis, Terrance Murphy, now Collins. All players in their prime or about to hit their prime.
I thought Murphy had a promising career as a 2nd-3rd round WR for Thompson, a la Jennings, Jordy, Jones, Cobb.

I just got one last week.
That may be so as far as the injuries go BUT we have one of the best franchises in the league. Look at some of the snake bitten teams like the Browns,Bengals,Detroit,Oilers/Titans. Then you have the Texans until a couple yrs ago. These are the top 5 snake bitten teams for ythe last 40+ years w/the exception of the expansion teams that arrived a few yrs ago.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Any possibility that this is to clear cap room to go and sign Asante? Can then move Woodson to safety.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any possibility that this is to clear cap room to go and sign Asante? Can then move Woodson to safety.
your a bit late there. Asante went to Atlanta for a 7th rd pick & 3 yrs for 18.5M for 3yrs