Packers Pre-Draft Visit Thread (30 Official Ones Can Happen)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Winfrey, the guy is a beast. Guessing if the Packers want him, they might have to use a second rounder on him. I can envision a D-line of Reed, Clark and Winfrey. Might be the best DL the Packers have had in years.

Of the realistic possible DL guys for us in our first four picks I want one of Leal/Jones or Winfrey - Winfrey is the third of those three for me, but I like all three quite a bit.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s all a smokescreen to get the best Star Defender :coffee::ninja:

Do you mean a stud defender or are you using "star" on purpose for the position in the Barry defense called the star? If so I love Daxton Hill as well LOL!!!!!

Reaction score
Do you mean a stud defender or are you using "star" on purpose for the position in the Barry defense called the star? If so I love Daxton Hill as well LOL!!!!!
I meant Star as in :ninja: But excellent catch Tyni:tup:

I’m not opposed to a top Safety IF they thought he could contribute substantially early on (Star Role)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Updated OP to include:

Bam Olaseni OT - Utah...a mountain of a frame, but not the most athletic Tackle prospect and VERY old at 26 years of age. He does however have 36.5 inch length to his arms, did not allot much of anything on his QB and at 6'7" 339 has the frame work of a Tackle. May seem odd bringing in what many assume to be a lock for UDFA, but GB and other teams do typically mix in some guys like this as it gives a team a leg up if draft day ends and there have already been good conversations between you and a UDFA.

Kevin Atkins DL - Fresno State...honestly a potential building project of an interior pass rusher for us. 6'3" and 314lbs he has a quick burst of a step and while he didn't do a ton of testing outside of vertical (very solid 31.5) and broad (respectable 8'7") so his RAS cannot be extracted, but on film his burst is evident and when he gets a chance to bend and attack a blockers side/edge he appears very capable of winning those moments. In just the last three years this iDL has produced 5, 4.5 and then 7 sacks...and impressive and consistently productive stretch....even more attractive is of his tackles (19,28,31,22,41) from rookie year to his 2021 he has produced 31 TFLs (2, 4.5, 7, 4.5, 13). A flag on him though is strength is not a strength (no pun intended)....he doesn't win on film with strength nor did his 13 reps at the pro day exhibit immense strength. However, to me strength is one thing which can actually be built, where technique can be refined and coached but is much harder to do...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
May seem odd bringing in what many assume to be a lock for UDFA, but GB and other teams do typically mix in some guys like this as it gives a team a leg up if draft day ends and there have already been good conversations between you and a UDFA.
I notice this every year, guys who probably will be UDFA's being brought in by the Packers for a visit. Some of whom seem to sign with the Packers after the draft. I almost think these visits can have more effect than visits with potential high round picks. Of course you want to meet those guys too, to make sure all the in-depth scouting reports are true. However, the peripheral guys don't get nearly the media attention and write ups like many do, so not only do the Packers learn about them with visits, the players may connect with GB and see their interest, motivating them to sign after the draft, despite maybe other teams interest. Much like Free agent vets, these UDFA's can have a lot of say as to where they end up. If visits get us a leg up on being able to sign top UDFA's, more power to them.

I was trying to find previous draft lists of visits. Found this nugget of a thread and forgot how often Frozen Takes had good information and in 2020, Jordon Love pre-draft was talked about with the Packers. Sad to see he got fed up and left, miss his insider info.

I posted this in the main section, but it might get more hits in the draft subsection. I realize that Dantes doesn’t think this matters, but it might be interesting to some...

Let me know if you see any themes!

This order is based on where I’d guess they have these players on their big board, but I have no definite insight into that. These are players that they WERE planning on bringing in for visits before that all went out the window.

1. Tua Tagovailoa - QB - Alabama
2. Javon Kinlaw - DL - South Carolina
3. Jordan Love - QB - Utah State
4. Jacob Eason - QB - Washington
5. Isaiah Wilson - OT - Georgia
6. Saahdiq Charles - OT - LSU
7. Jalen Hurts - QB - Oklahoma
8. Willie Gay Jr. - LB - Mississippi St.
9. Antonio Gibson - RB/WR - Memphis
10. Nate Stanley - QB - Iowa
11. Vernon Scott - S - TCU

If true and you have been spot on with many things and for discussion sake, I will assume you are correct. I would say that since 5/11 are QB's and relatively highly rated QB's, the Packers might be actually thinking about drafting a QB anywhere from round 1-6. I wouldn't agree with spending a high pick on a QB (rounds 1-3), but I also don't know what the Packer brass thinks of #12 is and how much longer he has left to play. Appears they are doing their due diligence on "if this guy falls to us at #30 or at #62, do we take him?".

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Love (QB) wasn't drafted out of the blue.
Nope and if I remember correctly, he was talked about as being a potential pick for the Packers. While it surprised most of us, I don't think it was a surprise to Gute and his staff.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a Packers oriented website that keeps track of prospect visits?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot of visits since my last update. VERY PLEASED to see Brisker, Jackson, Doubs, Kinnard and Walker amongst others now officially visited with. LOVE IT

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP is up to date:

Sam Williams EDGE/OLB - Ole Miss
Treylon Burks WR - Arkansas
Tyquan Thornton WR - Baylor
George Pickens WR - Georgia
Velus Jones Jr WR - Tennessee
Eric Johnson DL - Missouri State
Tariq Carpenter S - Georgia Tech
Samori Toure WR - Nebraska
Devonte Wyatt iDL - Georgia
Abraham Lucas OT - Washington State
Christian Watson WR - North Dakota State
Luke Goedeke OT(OG switch likely IMO) - Central Michigan
Perrion Winfrey DL - Oklahoma
Bam Olaseni OT - Utah
Kevin Atkins DL - Fresno State
Rasheed Walker OT - Penn State
Jaquan Brisker S - Penn State
Tyler Smith OT - Tulsa
Drake Jackson OLB - USC
Romeo Doubs WR - Nevada
Darrian Kinnard OT - Kentucky
Jahmir Johnson OL - Texas A&M
Ed Ingram OL - LSU
Gregory Junior CB - Ouachita Baptist
DaRon Bland CB - Fresno State
John Fitzpatrick TE - Georgia
Jack Cochrane ILB - South Dakota State
Kyron Johnson ILB - Kansas

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot express how happy I am in the shown interest of Kyron Johnson from Kansas. I truly love more and more as I dug into his film. Very athletic profile from a school most look over. At a minimum I think is instantly a Burks replacement and could push Barnes if he is as good as I suspect for the spot next to Campbell and 2 on depth.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Gutekunst said last night that they don’t bring in guys they like unless they have questions (implied— medical or character issues).

So they had zero official meetings with Walker because their scouts said he was clean.

They brought in Wyatt because of his off field issues.

Members online

Latest posts