Packers Offensive Line...What's the situation??

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even Dietrich-Smith !
Don't forget about him.
Some think he will become a good starting center for us in a few years.

Sadly I believe he'll be one of those that we'll have to place on the practice squad. Not that he isn't good or anything, we just have to find extra space to keep guys like Newhouse and Spitz on the roster.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't remember it the way you guys do about Spitz. I thought he was named the starting center and a lot of folks speculated that the Packers would try to trade Wells and get something for him. Thankfully we kept both players and after Spitz got hurt we had Wells to turn to.
Greg Bedard almost hates Wells. Just saying
Even Dietrich-Smith !
Don't forget about him.
Some think he will become a good starting center for us in a few years.
I'm high n EDS, or the Hyphen.

But one thing is him being technically sound, another is him playing well, which we haven't seen...

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are all a little worried as Packer Fans about the offensive line. Bulaga will help provide another option in the group, but is it me, or does our offensive line seem weaker then everybody elses. I mean physically weaker, I don't see any of them dominating in any spot on the Line. The only one that impressed me last year was TJ Lang, and frankly I think he is currently our best and most versatile Lineman on the team. Hopefully this other guy Newhouse and the potential of being release will push Daryn to have a consistent and potent year. I'm a huge fan of Tauscher because he truly made a difference when he came back on-board.

We all remember the Allen Barbre experiment, OMFG! How can the coaches be so wrong about that guy. Mccarthy, "...we just have to work on his technique." I want to see Chad, TJ, Wells/Spitz, Bulaga, Tauscher...I think that's the best we got going into this season...hopefully the others I didn't include will provide great depth.

I think the OL will be a team strength next year. The backups will be nearly as good as the starting OL. I wouldn't be surprised if either Tauscher or Clifton is a backup by the end of the year (Tausch more likely). I think the issue will be getting capable backups to Bulaga and Lang/Newhouse when Clifton and Tausch retire. They will need to bring in two more tackles over the next two years. Sitton will be Pro Bowl fixture starting soon.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the OL will be a team strength next year. The backups will be nearly as good as the starting OL. I wouldn't be surprised if either Tauscher or Clifton is a backup by the end of the year (Tausch more likely). I think the issue will be getting capable backups to Bulaga and Lang/Newhouse when Clifton and Tausch retire. They will need to bring in two more tackles over the next two years. Sitton will be Pro Bowl fixture starting soon.

Thanks Ted! ;-)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm glad that we finally have our future starting Tackles in place. Finding their backups won't be as difficult. For the most part TT will probably keep spending those low round draft picks for future lineman.

Members online

Latest posts