Packers Lions Stud Dud Superthread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were open repeatedly and Rodgers over/under threw them repeatedly.

Today was one of AR's worst game that I can recall. He has to forget this nonsense of throwing bombs and stick with the short passing game. The O started to click when he started to do just that.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given your propensity for saying ridiculous things, I'll give you a chance here. Explain how Kumerow caused the interception. He wasn't the one underthrowing the ball.

That lame OPI against Kumerow earlier in the game was pretty bad. That wasn't a push off. He was slapping the defenders arm away.

We did get a gift late in the game when the officials called a late hit on AR after he slid. When you look at replays the defenders didn't hit him in the head at all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds : 1sf half Packers
Studs: 2nd half Packers

I don’t get this team. It’s week freaking 16!! and they haven’t gotten it right for a full game on offense all year.

Idc what the excuses are, you cannot play that way in the playoffs man. You just cannot. They almost pissed away a golden opportunity to a third string QB and a 3-11 team. Inexcusable. Idk what Lafleurs message is going to be...but they need to come up with some way better route concepts and personnel packages. These dudes play with no sense of urgency until they get punched in the mouth, or are behind.
I don't think it was a problem with route concepts today. I missed the first half had to listen in the car on the way home from in Laws, but it sounded bad. If a throw was on a couple times, there were drops, Graham in particular I remember them talking about, and then Rodgers was off on a few it sounded like too.

I made it home for entire 2nd half and Rodgers was off on more than a handful of passes that would have been big plays. Plays that spark scoring drives instead ended with a thud.

That said, once they started passing it around a lot, instead of A.Jones for 2 yards on 1st down carry like the first half, it opened up the run game in the 2nd half, we got some first downs and coincidently scored some points :)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deserved? This team did not deserve this win today. They all played like **** when the bye was on the line. I never understand how a team can be so flat in a game of this magnitude. Pathetic

One thing we can all agree about is the better teams find a way to win when they aren't playing their best - like today.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't really care for the roughing on Rodgers near the end. It's how they call it, but I don't like it. If you're going to use the slide, fine, use it. But you better slide with no defender within 4 yards of you to give yourself up. Otherwise you're fair game. At least that's my opinion. I don't expect those guys to be able to just stop on a dime when they're flying at you like that when you slide at the last moment and unless there is intent to the head, it should be allowed to play on.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My game was blacked out, and I have the flu so I couldn't go to a favorite watering hole to see the game. Instead I listen to the radio broadcast on my laptop. I seemed to me that the receivers just couldn't catch the frigging ball. And when Mason (Super Stud) made the game winning filed goal, I was shaking.
The O-line better shape up or we will be one and done.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oline actually seemed really good the past 2 few games, they weren't really an issue today at all from what I saw.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today was one of AR's worst game that I can recall. He has to forget this nonsense of throwing bombs and stick with the short passing game. The O started to click when he started to do just that.
Yes, his throwing was awful. But he ended up with 323 yards. I guess he had a pretty good 2nd half.

Reaction score
Studs: This entire Defense plays with heart

Edit: AJ brought this one home. Even played through the pain and set up the winning drive.

Duds: I would list Rodgers due to an awful game. But what he lacks in accuracy he made up in game management, I give him a partial dud, doing enough to win on the road. Definitely an overall poor QB performance against the #32 ranked pass D.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just can't see that the D played well until the last. They were running up the middle. There was no pass rush. And they were making first downs. At least that is what I saw.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
In a way this is a playoff win with a bye, if we ugly it to the SB no one will care how we got there, as far as playing at home 1 win gets us to SB, no one fears playing at Lambeau field, because teams feel we don’t have enough weapons, hope this bye get Rodgers and his receivers some much needed on page practice...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought of another couple

Dud
Alexander - rough day of coverage then the stupid body slam because he is frustrated.

Stud
King played very well and aggressive tackling

As far as AR goes, keep in mind Lions have the worst or 2nd worse pass defense. SNF just did a montage of bad passes be AR. All teams have a few drops per game. An offense can't move the ball consistently if the QB is miss firing on 35% of his throws

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My game was blacked out, and I have the flu so I couldn't go to a favorite watering hole to see the game. Instead I listen to the radio broadcast on my laptop. I seemed to me that the receivers just couldn't catch the frigging ball. And when Mason (Super Stud) made the game winning filed goal, I was shaking.
The O-line better shape up or we will be one and done.
Read comments about Rodgers...more than wr couldn't catch

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate those penalties for picking someone up on a tackle. Millions of kids across america pick each other up and toss each other around like that daily all winter long in wrestling. and if you grew up anywhere like I did, you did that to each other in your living rooms, on a the front lawn, walking to your car etc, the rest of the year. It's such a pansy penalty.

I had never in my entire life saw a flag on a play like that until someone from Philly got a penalty from doing that. Dawkins maybe? It was quite a while ago no, but it was the first time I saw one penalized, and now they all are. The league needs to put a stop to it. It is so harmless as far as tackles go.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a little troubling seeing AR miss guys so badly today. Wonder what was up with his accuracy. Would have been magnified if they lost. Chalk it up to a rough day hopefully.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Packers. I had this season as 9-7 tops. I never would have thought 13-3 with a first round bye was in the cards. Maybe it was ugly but the results are what matters.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't really care for the roughing on Rodgers near the end. It's how they call it, but I don't like it. If you're going to use the slide, fine, use it. But you better slide with no defender within 4 yards of you to give yourself up. Otherwise you're fair game. At least that's my opinion. I don't expect those guys to be able to just stop on a dime when they're flying at you like that when you slide at the last moment and unless there is intent to the head, it should be allowed to play on.

Without the 15 yards from that roughing the quarterback penalty what are the odds that we win? That play and penalty seemed huge to me. Am I right to think so?

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a way this is a playoff win with a bye, if we ugly it to the SB no one will care how we got there, as far as playing at home 1 win gets us to SB, no one fears playing at Lambeau field, because teams feel we don’t have enough weapons, hope this bye get Rodgers and his receivers some much needed on page practice...

How much do you think lack of practice with Christmas off hurt us and how much is just that we're not that good? Or something else entirely?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I think and I could be wrong but maybe Rodgers and the receivers are not getting enough practice time together, cant say the holiday has much to do with it, but timing is way off..

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without the 15 yards from that roughing the quarterback penalty what are the odds that we win? That play and penalty seemed huge to me. Am I right to think so?
I think we still would have won, maybe OT, but GB woke up enough and Detroit I think had given their best already

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give the guy a break. He has a house in Malibu to furnish and a series of commercials to complete.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much do you think lack of practice with Christmas off hurt us and how much is just that we're not that good? Or something else entirely?
I think this team is good but, not very deep on offense. The biggest difference between 2019 and the previous two seasons is the offense stayed relatively healthy. We're starting to see the effects of years and years of concentrating so much on upgrading the defense in the off-season. I'm a nitwit when it comes to salary cap issues but, going forward I'd like to see Gute come up with a "Smith" or two and some high draft picks on the offense in 2020.

All that being said, as John Madden always says, "Winning is the best deodorant."
I think 13-3 and a bye smells pretty good!

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad we extended Lucas Patrick's contract. Patrick came in for Linsey and the O-Line didn't miss a beat. I've always said Patrick is a starter in this league. Happy to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online