Packers Lions Stud Dud Superthread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kumerow's Offensive PI was also on Rodgers - he beat his man and wouldn't need to push off if the ball wasn't underthrown.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The preparation for this game was really poor and they clearly didn't take Detroit very seriously as an opponent. When you're going through the midseason grind I can understand it but when you're in Week 17 with so much on the line it's really disappointing to see. They are really fortunate it didn't cost them a bye.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: jones saved by a bear hug by his own team mate out of bounds. adams giving the ball to a packers fan. eddie monster interception. graham redeeming himself with that catch. lazard saving an aging rodgers' who just bought a big house with that nascar woman. having a bye so all of the injured players can rest.

duds: having a heart attack yelling at the tv

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The preparation for this game was really poor and they clearly didn't take Detroit very seriously as an opponent. When you're going through the midseason grind I can understand it but when you're in Week 17 with so much on the line it's really disappointing to see. They are really fortunate it didn't cost them a bye.

Totally agree. It's actually a bit of a let down that we didn't just come out and blow them out to set the tone for the playoffs.

I have REALLY LIKED the fact that, for the most part, MLF does a great job of adjusting at Halftime, espeically compared to MM lol.

But after rewatching some of the plays and the game... I really don't know what has gotten into AR... He flat out missed half a dozen throws... just STRAIGHT UP MISSED throws. It's nothing subjective or being a "little off". We're talking about "NFL throws" that a 1st ballot NFL HOF makes, which he is obviously

I don't know if it has anything to do with him buying that house in Malibu this past week or NOT making that NFL All Time team that Brett made, but...

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Lazard - came through for this team when needed. Gotta love his tenacity.

Jones - without the crafty screen run on 3rd down, this game is question marks. Save the day and single handedly gave the team a chance for the W

Adams - open and the number 1 threat. No sleeping on him

Alexander - game saving tackle when cooked for 6.

Crosby - exorcised the demons in motown somewhat.

Duds: Aaron Rodgers - refusing to ck down and home run happy killed the momentum and almost cost the game.
Graham - non-factor. dont hit him in the hands. Theres better TEs out there folks

Inside front D players - gave up huge gains inside

Martinez - had a pick but was a blitz gimme. cannot read and fill the middle. replacement needs to be found.

All in all, the luckiest W in YEARS. Four leaf clover? yes! Growing pain team with a 13-3 I'll take it every time. Amazing ending to a fortuitous season. Playoffs bye is great. It is absolutely the best result with this team that could have happened.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wake the hell up you dumb receivers and start playing football!!!

Only about 3 studs so far in AJ, Dex and Davante

All duds = Mike Pettines garbage run defense

All receivers not named Adams

Super Dud - Brian Gute for giving us these garbage receivers

Dex? Didn't he have like two carries?

All I know is that might be the worst I've ever seen Rodgers play. Horrendous. So lucky to escape with a victory

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game was absolutely painful to watch. Glad they got it done, the bye is huge.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds : 1sf half Packers
Studs: 2nd half Packers

I don’t get this team. It’s week freaking 16!! and they haven’t gotten it right for a full game on offense all year.

Idc what the excuses are, you cannot play that way in the playoffs man. You just cannot. They almost pissed away a golden opportunity to a third string QB and a 3-11 team. Inexcusable. Idk what Lafleurs message is going to be...but they need to come up with some way better route concepts and personnel packages. These dudes play with no sense of urgency until they get punched in the mouth, or are behind.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR is a great QB but his trying to force downfield big plays on 3rd down are nothing but drive killers given his accuracy issues, the lack of talent at WR and his clear lack of chemistry with any of them.

The team could also use someone lighting a fire under them. I’ve never seen a less fired up team ever!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a real 13-3 team. 13-3 teams should be winning the way the Saints are winning, not the way we are winning.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs- Irvin, Offensive line, Adams, Lazard.

Duds- Receivers for dropped passes.

Graham- Washed up.

LeFleur for the lax practice schedule this week that almost bit them is the ****.

Rodgers. Last week I said it was the worst game I've ever seen him play. This game was his hold my beer game. I also said last week he's not the same quarterback anymore and I got six disagrees for it without one rebuttal. I don't think I'll get one this week either. At least not a good one. It's OK to admit he's not elite anymore. Neither is Brady. Father time is undefeated.

Last edited:

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: All the "fans" in the shoutbox who were basically calling for the Pack to lose.. embarrassing

Studs: Whole team, they deserved the first round bye.. big turn around and much needed with the holes this team has.

Go Pack Go

Deserved? This team did not deserve this win today. They all played like **** when the bye was on the line. I never understand how a team can be so flat in a game of this magnitude. Pathetic

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Studs: Patriots losing to the lowly Dolphins @ home in a similar situation as the Packers in the way of what a win would mean. Proving to some, that no game is a gimme....even playing the beat up 3-12-1 Lions.

Studs: Packers for winning and making this a much easier after game read than it would have been had they lost.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's OK to admit he's not elite anymore. Neither is Brady. Father time is undefeated.

The bad thing about HFA is that old people don't deal with the cold as well as young people. Favre was something like 40-0 in games under 34 degrees to start his career. Then he got worse in cold weather and his dome play improved as he got old.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs- Irvin, Offensive line, Adams, Lazard.

Duds- Receivers for dropped passes.

LeFleur for the lax practice schedule this week that almost bit them is the ****.

Rodgers. Last week I said it was the worst game I've ever seen. This game was his hold my beer game. I also said last week he's not the same quarterback anymore and I got six disagrees for it without one rebuttal. I don't think I'll get one this week either. At least not a good one. It's OK to admit he's not elite anymore. Neither is Brady. Father time is undefeated.

Why does Rodgers insist on throwing to the worthless Graham? He missed Jeronimo wide open in the end zone and threw into double coverage on Graham. Rodgers has been terrible this season, period. The other Aaron is why this team wins games. Packers should’ve had 3 more td today, but Rodgers was so far off it was horrible. They’ll watch the super bowl from home like the rest of us.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BS and you're the only one around here who thinks there's always receivers open

Today they were open a TON and Rodgers simply either over threw them, threw it behind them or under threw them.

Either you're trolling or didnt watch the game

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds
Rodgers. There are QBs in the NFL who are doing better with much less talent at WR. I'm not sure what his issues are. I'm tired of the bad WR corps excuse. AR is s playing porrly.

Announcers - stating they were surprised at how poorly AR was throwing the ball. Probably only watched the last game and none others this season.

Graham - first pass is right in your hands you have to make that catch. The game maybe goes much differently.

STUDS
Packer fans at the game. Sounded almost like a home game when there was a good play.

Z - quickly becoming one of my favorite Packers of all time. Loved seeing him get choked up after last game. Drove all night to his mom after he signed with the Packers to tell her in person she never had to work again. Great person. Humble. Defensive leader. Team leader. Great player. Thanks for coming to Green Bay!

OL - they got dominated in the run game but they were playing down 2 starters. But they had their spots. Thought we should run outside more, DL was gassed in 4th.

Screen play - hope we see more of those.

Aaron Jones - take the well deserved bye week and rest up.

Announcers on Lazard TD - Rodgers put that up like Christmas cookies on the top shelf knowing only his guy could get there. Only the elf on the shelf had a chance of knocking it away.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last 4 games, since Aaron Rodgers turned 36, he has looked REALLY REALLY BAD. I think if Tua falls to us in the NFL draft, you take him

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BS and you're the only one around here who thinks there's always receivers open

He’s not the only one. Rodgers missed a ton of big play throws today. And I mean a ton! He was terrible. This loss would’ve been completely on Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why does Rodgers insist on throwing to the worthless Graham? He missed Jeronimo

While Rodgers had a terrible game, when someone suggests that he needs to throw to Geronimo, instead of Graham, like its a good thing, I have to wonder if they have watched Geronimo this season?

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Rodgers had a terrible game, when someone suggests that he needs to throw to Geronimo, instead of Graham, like its a good thing, I have to wonder if they have watched Geronimo this season?

Yes, and I’ve watched Graham, too. He’s a washed up joke. I’ll take my chances with a wide open Geronimo. Graham would be the #3 TE in this system if it was up to me. Guy can’t catch a cold.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No kidding, even today I saw GMo put another ball on the ground, which luckily enough rolled out of bounds, but could have been pretty bad if it didn't. That's like the millionth time he's done that this year.

People can and will blame Rodgers because that's what they do. Oh yes he missed throws, but all WRs not named Adams or Lazard were bums today.

At the end of this season, I hope GMo, MVS and Kume all get drop kicked outta here.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anytime Geronimo has the ball I literally hold my breathe. He needs to get stronger because I see that DBs have made it a point to either strip or punch at the ball anytime he has it. He’s clearly got ball security issues since he fumbled in Carolina a few years ago that cost us the game.

UpNort

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Aaron Jones. Especially that last screen pass. There wasn't much there. I thought Rodgers was throwing it away.

Duds: 1st Half Rodgers. Was he daydreaming about his new house and Malibu Danica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.