Packers have a new team, we need a new game plan too

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that the Packers need to redefine who they are and how we play. We lost our 1,000 yard rusher and it feels like we're scared to press the running game at all.

Today seemed like it was working but we didn't give it a chance to continue and really give us some momentum. Jackson had a great game and didn't touch the ball much.

We threw it so much but lost some receivers today. We lost some defensive players today (our best in Clay Matthews) and it sort of feels like our coaching isn't adjusting to the game properly or very well.

Obviously they've adjusted to losing Grant and pass 80% of the time but that will not work when the snow hits the ground. I feel a lot of fans drink hater-ade with TT not acquiring Lynch. I was a little sad about that too but I dont know what we have in Jackson even after a few games with him as the starting back because we haven't given him 20 carries in games that I feel we should be, especially today.

I'm not sure if this post will make much sense but I'm just throwing my thoughts out there.

There's no need to hit the panic button. I feel that we need to redefine who we are as a team and how we play the game. We have amazing receivers still and Quarless is athletic as heck, so we're going to be just fine.

I hope that the Packers get it figured out on how the Packers will present themselves on the field the rest of the year. Our defense overall had poor plays and penalties (some questionable but nonetheless). . .but they gave up 13-16 points.

Our offense is more than capable of throwing up 20-30 points easily any day of the week, but we aren't.

I have faith that the Pack will bounce back and play some hard nosed football in the coming weeks to restore people's thoughts about how we're not a great team anymore.

GO PACK GO!

*sorry if this is random/mumbling, just needed to get it out there*

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.... sigh... Im just speechless about this loss. Of course, I could go on and on about woulda, coulda, and shoulda, but that doesnt matter now.. Im losing faith in Mccarthy and Thompson, but not the team. Some of their decisions and calls are highly questionable and should be reviewed.

VendettaXVIII

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you said, but if you take away one run Jackson still isn't doing anything special. But I feel the majority of our problems come from 3 things, Injuries, Management, and Coaching. We need to fix all of those areas first starting with coaching cause the gameplan didn't change enough when we lost Finley in the 1st quarter and Matthews in the 3rd

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure how the injuries are so detrimental for us this season.

Do we have the same strength and conditioning staff as previous years? It's almost unreal as to how many key players we've lost so far. Makes it hard to watch.

I dont think the Packers know who they are anymore though and someone in the locker room needs to step up and bring the group together.

I know sometimes players who come in to play for others who are injured turn into super stars, so we can hope for that. Either way, I'm a Packer backer till I die and can't wait for us to get our step back.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A team can overcome injuries. A team cannot overcome poor coaching and playcalling. When players start to go down (especially on offense) you've just got to start going with the players that are HOT.

BJax really stepped up, and was having a heck of a game out there, and they really should've fed him the ball more. Even if you take out the 71 yard run, he had close to a 5 ypc average, and had 5 receptions for 25 yards. Seemed like nearly everytime he got the ball in space, he'd make a guy or two miss, and pick of some decent yards. But instead of taking pressure off of our line, and dumping the ball off, MM decided to continue to try and bomb the ball down the field, causing 3 and outs, and giving the skins a chance to come back. Doesn't make any sense....

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Jackson looked good even without the long run. They just were a fan of giving him more touches for some reason.

We still haven't seen Dimitri Nance out there behind the QB either yet, I was hoping to see that today because the Redskins didn't seem like they could stop the run, at least when we tried it . . but that again was a rare site.

Lots to discuss for the Packers this coming week.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't put my finger on it. Feeling kinda helpless right now. Hoping for the best, but I don't know why we're not performing, even with the injuries.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same here, we have so much talent even with all the injuries. Something is just off, but I can tell you this, when everything comes together and they start playing to their full potential, we will not even speak of this moment.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought our defense played exceptionally well today, considering how injury plagued they've been. I also thought Jackson did well. Shame we didn't go to him more.

Beyond that, I have no ******* idea what to think. Converting 2 3rd downs all day is unacceptable. I'm feeling frustrated by our lack of offensive production. This is another stupid *** performance that wound up costing us a win this time.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it our WR core and Rodgers not clicking or is it our O-line? Probably both

Reaction score
I have Faith too its just disappointing to watch a team that isn't executing the way they should. Their offense can be so explosive but they are not. They are driving down they field at will then they give up a sack, a penalty, a dropped pass. All those are drive killers. Instead of TDs they are Field goals.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I was shocked that the skins were able to seemingly lock down Rodgers in the 4th Qtr. I thought for sure you'd have gotten at least one more passing TD out of him. That being said, I'm still not sure how either of the TE's got hurt early in the 1st Qtr. I do think we need help on the OL, but there isn't much that can be done before the start of free agency. BTW, Yes Clifton let a few sacks go by, but Brian Orakpo is as big stud at DE/OLB as there is in this league. I just don't understand why McCarthy doesn't run the ball more, the guy seems to give up on that part of our game way to easily.

OP
OP
BBalzWI

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is probably going to be a hated on comment. . .

But if we dont have Rodgers next week, it might be the best thing for this team. It'll allow us to perhaps press the running game hard and truly show what we have behind the QB. Flynn is as solid as a backup as anyone could have, so our passing game should be alright that night but it might make the coaching/play calling be much more conservative and putting the ball on the ground a bit more might just be the thing our staff needs to see.

Although I want Rodgers out on that field whenever possible.

There's so much to figure out, luckily it's not late in the season and we have time to get people healthy and clicking with one another again. We do have a ton of new guys out there, which might be a bit hard to gain chemistry with each other.

Who knows. I'm keeping my chin up though, we got a helluva team with a lot of depth.

Members online