Packers get no press!

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
It urks me that after a big win like last nights the media chooses to focus on the negative of the Queens and Favre... No body is talking on how the Packers came to play last night with a depleted defense and how we over came the odds... This could be our turning point but we get no love on NFL Network and or ESPN. Makes me sick!!! Thoughts??? Feelings???

Go Pack Go!!!

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That stuff doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I'm not interested in what the media focuses on every week, in fact, I think the further away we are from all that nonsense the better off we are. WE know in our hearts what the Packers did last night and what it means to us as fans. That's all we need. Let them point their cameras at Favre and get caught up in all his drama, which is probably exactly what he wants. Meanwhile the Packers can go about their business without all the media distractions. I don't need to see our victory painted across every headline, it's in my heart with every beat.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bleh, I don't know if I would call it our turning point. They're still a 9-7ish team right now although I expect them to turn it up after the bye week when they get some rest.

INpackfan66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That stuff doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I'm not interested in what the media focuses on every week, in fact, I think the further away we are from all that nonsense the better off we are. WE know in our hearts what the Packers did last night and what it means to us as fans. That's all we need. Let them point their cameras at Favre and get caught up in all his drama, which is probably exactly what he wants. Meanwhile the Packers can go about their business without all the media distractions. I don't need to see our victory painted across every headline, it's in my heart with every beat.
Very well said! I agree, keep it away from the media. Less distractions! Besides, Favre lost the game! In the media's eyes it was only his to lose, no one else's to win!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? It wasn't Brittfar who lost the game? You're saying that the other green and yellow team WON it? Can't be possible. Can't happen.
Trent Dilfer is one of the tea baggers for BrINT and came up with excuses for him.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer to stay under the radar. I'm not a fan of being hyped up to win a Super Bowl during the pre-season and the beginning weeks.

I enjoy sliding by the media and letting other teams be media ****** (aka the Viqueens)

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It urks me that after a big win like last nights the media chooses to focus on the negative of the Queens and Favre... No body is talking on how the Packers came to play last night with a depleted defense and how we over came the odds... This could be our turning point but we get no love on NFL Network and or ESPN. Makes me sick!!! Thoughts??? Feelings???

Go Pack Go!!!

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Meh, so what, not that big a deal. Frankly, we got more press than we deserved before the season started. I'm content flying under the radar for a while. We'll get talked about when we deserve it. Right now we're 4-3 and haven't really looked that good. Plus it's tough to take us seriously given the volume of injuries we have. Hell, the Falcons, best team in the NFC right now, aren't being talked about either.

If we go on a run and beat some of the tougher teams we have coming up- Jets, Cowboys, Vikings and Pats, we'll get some deserved recognition. Until then, we're just another team in a convoluted NFC.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you watch the game? Collinsworth was able to blame ALL of Favre's ints on Harvin and Moss, and still found time to blame Peterson for Favre's fumble LAST WEEK.
I don't get it either.
Why do these morons go on and on about a washed up has been overrated loser QB whose glory dayz are long gone behind him?
And they don't dare bring up the sext scandel.
I was waiting for Trent to say something about it in his laundry list of Favre problems.
This guy has been playing yo-yo with the media for years weather or not he'll quit and yet they still love him.
Yeah, he's got a bunch of records but with that come the bad ones too.
He's throwing more INTs than TDs this year and that gets ignored. (7 TDs - 10 INTs)
Number one fumbler of all time.

Getting back on topic:
I agree with others.
Let others be in the media. :snack:
All what matters is what matters to us.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I don't get it either.
Why do these morons go on and on about a washed up has been overrated loser QB whose glory dayz are long gone behind him?
And they don't dare bring up the sext scandel.
I was waiting for Trent to say something about it in his laundry list of Favre problems.
This guy has been playing yo-yo with the media for years weather or not he'll quit and yet they still love him.

You'd love the guy too if he gave you 4,876,345 variations of the same story over the last ten years... the media gets high off redundancy

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer to stay under the radar. I'm not a fan of being hyped up to win a Super Bowl during the pre-season and the beginning weeks.

I enjoy sliding by the media and letting other teams be media ****** (aka the Viqueens)

Amen to that... I was hating it every time when one of the bobbleheads on tv said that the Packers were going to the SuperBowl.

:viksux:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Favre, the ankle, his return to Lambeau, and now the war with Childress is a more compelling story nationally than the Packers winning.

If the Packers weren't involved, what would you care about more? The Favre stuff or the other team winning?

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Damn right.. The Viqueens love being in the spotlight.. They can have it. Of course this might not be the kind of light Brent loves being in, but, this is what he gets for being a media *****.

:viksux:

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Some teams love staying in the spotlight (see Vikings; Cowboys), and others recognize that it's just not important, and can actually lead to numerous distractions. Besides, it's fun flying under the radar, taking people by surprise.

The only thing that really bugs me is all the talk about how we were a "pre-season super bowl favorite," and that we just haven't lived up to the hype. Very rarely does anyone mention the ridiculous amount of injuries we have, and how we now have former practice squad guys and some rookies no one has ever heard of playing the majority of the snaps.

Not to mention the fact that Jenkins didn't play Sunday night at all, and Pickett only played for the first Vikings series, yet neither of these were mentioned. On top of that, we were missing numerous other potential offensive and defensive starts.

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Press equals good Press....
Whe had all the Super Bowl Press the last 2 years and we played like *****..

I like when this team has there back against the walls, and plays well...

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, the ankle, his return to Lambeau, and now the war with Childress is a more compelling story nationally than the Packers winning.

If the Packers weren't involved, what would you care about more? The Favre stuff or the other team winning?

Good point.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Yes, i cant lie it bothers me as well. Theyre acting like GB ran over to the queens sideline and told em not to challenge the Quarless TD. Acting like we didnt deserve it. Also the Harvin TD, IT WAS MOVING AROUND and THE GROUND did help him catch it. I dont know if they should have took it away but hey that happens in the NFL we all know that, get over it. I also read a post that the TD call on that last place helped us because it took momentum from the queens and that the refs never should have called that a TD...WHAT THE hell! sounds like a bunch of excuses to me, we played a hell of a game. Brett through 3 ints, we did a nice job containing Moss for the most part, Matthews got a hit on Favre (although it wasnt a sack it felt good) dont take try and take out victory. We won, and for all Packer fans saying we'd lose by 10+ shame on you. Have some faith in our team, we are a good one.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Coming off a bye, with a Revis who now says he's 100%, I don't see a way we win.

But, as always because it seems I'm always picking against the Packers, I hope I'm wrong.

I think itll be hard, but i say we still get it done. Dont we get Jermichael back? Maybe Harris and Bigby as well...If so thatll be nice because Peprah just isnt gettin it done for me. Revis is only one person out receiving power is to much lol. Plus if the Oline gets it done again, oh man! We just have to wait and see.

OP
OP
The Drew

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Im not saying getting involved in all the drama... I mean 80% of the highlights were of the Queens messing up... They didnt really show the positives of the Packers... Im just saying... My .02!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think itll be hard, but i say we still get it done. Dont we get Jermichael back? Maybe Harris and Bigby as well...If so thatll be nice because Peprah just isnt gettin it done for me. Revis is only one person out receiving power is to much lol. Plus if the Oline gets it done again, oh man! We just have to wait and see.

No on Finley, he's out for the year. No idea yet if we'll be having Harris or Bigby back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts