Packers' Fans, What is your perception of media coverage of your team?

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear fellow Saints' fans complain about media coverage of our team, and there is no doubt that some of it is awful. (Examples available upon request).

However, I have a theory that this phenomenon is not limited to my team. I think it is more a product of lazy, inept "journalists" and the desire to appeal to the masses (at the expense of true sports enthusiasts).

So, what is your experience?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you consider that the Packers have the second most fans in the country (some polls say we're 1st), we have a pretty ****** coverage.

I remember the Dallas game in Lambeau that the broadcasters on Fox were just terrible, kept missing players names and performances over the course of the year. But then again, it's Fox...

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how we're not covered like the Cowboys or other teams. I like to be the underdog style team that rocks teams and makes a name for themselves because of their game play.

OP
OP
morningwood

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks man -- I skipped going to the French Quarter in order to stay home with my kids and watch the game. As much as I hate missing that party, I made the right decision. It is a memory I will always cherish.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember the Dallas game in Lambeau that the broadcasters on Fox were just terrible, kept missing players names and performances over the course of the year. But then again, it's Fox...

Might have something to do with it being Joe Buck and TROY AIKMAN.... Aikman is the biggest Cowboy homer in the world. Well Michael Irvin is pretty bad too.

I think that the Packers don't get a terrible wrap. The ESPN boys don't have a love affair with the Packers (which is fine), but if someone wanted to, they could find out tons of information, quotes, etc. on the Packers. Just be grateful that we aren't the Texans or Seahawks. Someone's always got it worse then you do. Just be thankful for what you got.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might have something to do with it being Joe Buck and TROY AIKMAN.... Aikman is the biggest Cowboy homer in the world. Well Michael Irvin is pretty bad too.

I think that the Packers don't get a terrible wrap. The ESPN boys don't have a love affair with the Packers (which is fine), but if someone wanted to, they could find out tons of information, quotes, etc. on the Packers. Just be grateful that we aren't the Texans or Seahawks. Someone's always got it worse then you do. Just be thankful for what you got.
We're not the Texans or Seahawks. As I said, we have the #2 fandom in the country.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I enjoy the fact that we fly under the radar a little bit. I could really care less what ESPN has to say about my team. I prefer to get my Packer coverage from local media outlets anyway.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like the media coverage (or lack thereof) just fine.. but if I had one small beef it would be how sometimes I see Steelers fans getting more praise than Packers fans. I feel when talking about the "better" fans, it could swing either way on different things. I realize it's mostly a subjective argument, but there are a lot of objective pieces that go into judging which one is "greater".. such as travel (both travel better than any team), % attendance, season ticket wait list, etc...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the exception of Faux's Joe Suck and Troy Acheman, I don't think it's any better or worse than coverage for any other team.
If the team does well, then they will say good things about it.
And they have been saying really good things about A-Rod and his potential.

Members online

Latest posts