Packers exercise fifth-year option on Clark

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That makes post #66 peculiar.

He was merely outlining a thought process as to why PFF isn't the holy grail. Hypothetical scenarios.

*Nevermind, Dantes clarified that stuff was free stuff. I do use their site at times from some free items, but assumed he was speaking hypotheticals. I was wrong.

H

HardRightEdge

???

I don't know what your contention is here. If I come across PFF data that I find relevant, I note it and sometimes share it.
You made the argument, "I also don't accept the construct that a 5-technique is inherently more valuable because they deal with OT's." Yet the league pays 3-4 DEs more than they 3-4 DTs, quite a bit more at the top of the pay scale.

You made a comment about the value of positional snap data provided from PFF in the middle of a Clark thread which inevitably revolves around how much asked and offered. How often Clark plays 5-tech, which can't be much, is relevant.

As it turns out you are not a PFF subscriber and don't have that data. So, evidently the free stuff is not enough often enough.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You made the argument, "I also don't accept the construct that a 5-technique is inherently more valuable because they deal with OT's." Yet the league pays 3-4 DEs more than they 3-4 DTs, quite a bit more at the top of the pay scale.

You made a comment about the value of positional snap data provided from PFF in the middle of a Clark thread which inevitably revolves around how much asked and offered. How often Clark plays 5-tech, which can't be much, is relevant.

As it turns out you are not a PFF subscriber and don't have that data. So, evidently the free stuff is not enough often enough.

The entire basis for your claim is silly. You're drawing a distinction based on where people project these players in base defense-- which they almost never run. The Packers under Pettine are typically below 20% of snaps in base defense.

Kenny Clark is not a 3-4 DE or a 3-4 NT. He's an interior defensive lineman who plays from the 0 to the 5, and finds his home most often at the 1T. He also happens to be one of the best interior defensive linemen in the league and he also happens to be 24.

Comparing him to two down players who happen to get the "3-4 DT" label on a website ignores what he actually does on the football field and how much value he offers as an interior pass rusher.

What you are arguing here is the equivalent of saying that Davante Adams has the value of and should be paid like Jamison Crowder or Adam Humphries because he lines up in the slot sometimes.

H

HardRightEdge

The entire basis for your claim is silly. You're drawing a distinction based on where people project these players in base defense-- which they almost never run. The Packers under Pettine are typically below 20% of snaps in base defense.

Kenny Clark is not a 3-4 DE or a 3-4 NT. He's an interior defensive lineman who plays from the 0 to the 5, and finds his home most often at the 1T.
So, back around the circle we go. Does he play 5-tech? How often?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts