Packers dominate Seahawks

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
bozz_2006 said:
"oh jeez! i'm 4thand26". my seat from LAMBEAU were SO BAD. i could only see stuff once. oh woe is me!!!
lol

and is he even a Packer fan??

Nope. Not even close.

Huge NFL fan, free tickets, I'm there. Although being that it was the packers, 2nd preseason game, and raining - that definately pushed the limits.

One question: Did you participate in the wave?

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
To add: The one thing I loved about this game was the play calling on the D.

Sanders was aggressive, and that was refreshing to see.

It seems that Sanders has also grown in his first season as DC, which hopefully means better things are on the horizon.

This is a very good point. I've been so involved in watching our players perform that I haven't considered Sanders and his improvement. I will say that I think he's got more tools to work with this year so that will help. Either way, you're right and I'm glad he's using those tools.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
No, that's exactly my point.

I thought Favre was solid, but you're going to have people all year saying his accuracy is off, he's too much of a gunslinger, or that Rodgers was the standout QB.

Some people are not dealing with reality here.

First of all, it's the second pre-season game of the year. Favre has had little running game so far, and one receiver that he is familiar with--Donald Driver. Aaron Rodgers has been competing against 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string players. In other words, guys who are not even going to make the opposing team's defense, and be cut. I would hope that he looks good, or I'd be real worried.

My point is that people are getting way out of hand with their opinions and not applying any common sense, much less football sense when they say things in this regard.

That's why guys that think that Aaron Rodgers is ready will be taking cheap shots at Favre all year.

Get ready for it.

Greg C Wrote:
I think you're underestimating Rodgers here. Even if he's playing largely against backups, his mobility is no illusion, and neither are his arm strength or accuracy. Those qualities have all been very solid for Rodgers this year, and he's shown steady improvement in each of his three seasons.

I haven't seen anybody in this thread getting "way out of hand" with their opinions about Favre, so I don't know why you're being so defensive. It's like you're trying to start a debate, even though everybody in this thread has said that Favre played very well. 4th and 26 was not sure, so that's why he was asking the rest of us.

I agree. I don't see anybody around here on Favre. I look at it this way. We are very fortunate to have Favre here and ditto to Rodgers having the time to get himself primed when his number is called.

He was nowhere near ready when he got here but is showing he can be an NFL QB and I am damn glad he is here and we have this position in the shape it's in today.

After all. We could be Bears fans. They don't have ANYBODY that can play behind center but they like to pretend they do.

Rodgers shows me he is more than a pretender. That pass to Jones was a real NFL quarterback throw and his poise is excellent.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy's feedback on
packers.com post press conference
regarding Aaron Rodgers..

"Aaron's at a stage in his career that he NEEDS TO PLAY...
...Aaron's a gifted young man..he can make everythrow..he plays undercontrol....the game has slowed down for him..you can see it
in his footwork....I just don't have enough reps for him."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too bad. do you think he gets a contract extension before the end of the season? I would think (especially if Favre comes back next season) that Rodgers would become quite an attractive free agent if his contract expires. I think his rookie contract was 4 years. does anyone know for sure?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Zero2Cool said:
bozz_2006 said:
"oh jeez! i'm 4thand26". my seat from LAMBEAU were SO BAD. i could only see stuff once. oh woe is me!!!
lol

and is he even a Packer fan??

Nope. Not even close.

Huge NFL fan, free tickets, I'm there. Although being that it was the packers, 2nd preseason game, and raining - that definately pushed the limits.

One question: Did you participate in the wave?

The answer to that would be a big no. I was enjoying a bbq pork nachos at the time. Also, we were inside in the club seats. Not really a reason to do the wave inside. I will say one thing about the club seats - it was comfortable, but if I would have cared about the game, it would have sucked. It was like I was at home and not actually at the game. No real feeling for the game.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
too bad. do you think he gets a contract extension before the end of the season? I would think (especially if Favre comes back next season) that Rodgers would become quite an attractive free agent if his contract expires. I think his rookie contract was 4 years. does anyone know for sure?

It's a 5 year deal. Most rookie contracts are for 5 years.

As I mentioned before. Aaron has an escalator clause in his deal.
1.7 base salary..but if he starts..his salary jumps to 5 million.

So Brett's cost him..(let's see..3 years times 3.3 mil = ) roughly 10 million bucks in salary lost....and COUNTING if Brett comes back another year.

Yes..I too believe Aaron wasn't ready his first 2 years so that lost money is moot. I DO believe however..that he's ready this year..and that 3 mil he loses this year..I think counts a bit.

I do hope they give him an extension after this year..no matter what it is.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say one thing about the club seats - it was comfortable, but if I would have cared about the game, it would have sucked. It was like I was at home and not actually at the game. No real feeling for the game.

I've heard it said that the club seats are the best place to watch a bad game, and the worst place to watch a good game.

Cal2 brings up an interesting point about a possible contract extension for Aaron Rodgers after this season. The Packers will not want to let him get away for nothing, so it would make sense for them to make such an offer. But would it make sense for Rodgers to accept such an offer if Favre keeps playing?

I do believe things will get controversial if Favre comes back again next year, and we might get into a Montana/Young type situation, but I'm not going to worry about that till after this season is over. Right now, I'm excited about the season.

Staff online

Latest posts