Packers Defense ranked #1 in the NFL after 11 Games ...

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the rating because I think its cool and something to talk about.

I like that most of the team is taking it with a grain of salt and wanting to carry that rating to the end of the year.

But what I like most is that we are stopping the run and getting turn overs.

No matter if you agree with the rating or not, the Packers are one of the best Defenses in the league right now.

Now if they could just improve ST to be even average!:shock:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the rating because I think its cool and something to talk about.

I like that most of the team is taking it with a grain of salt and wanting to carry that rating to the end of the year.

But what I like most is that we are stopping the run and getting turn overs.

No matter if you agree with the rating or not, the Packers are one of the best Defenses in the league right now.

Now if they could just improve ST to be even average!:shock:
I would be content even with a bad ST play. We're 32 out of 32...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rankings is for yards allowed, right? A reporter asked Pickett and Barnett what they thought of it and they said this is fine and all but POINTS ALLOWED should be the measuring stick and the Pack is #12 there. I will say our D is playing so much better than we did when we played Cincy and MN. I guess timing is everything...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Stats besides the W/L's don't amount to squat in my book, but imagine how indignant everyone would be if the defense was rated #20 and the Pack were 4-7.

Stats are fun to talk about on football boards...but given the choice of being 20th like last year with a creampuff schedule, I'll take 1st, 7-4 with a creampuff schedule. See? I'm easy. The stats accumulated thus far have nothing to do with what happens on Monday night.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats besides the W/L's don't amount to squat in my book, but imagine how indignant everyone would be if the defense was rated #20 and the Pack were 4-7.

Stats are fun to talk about on football boards...but given the choice of being 20th like last year with a creampuff schedule, I'll take 1st, 7-4 with a creampuff schedule. See? I'm easy. The stats accumulated thus far have nothing to do with what happens on Monday night.
I totally agree with you, but they enlight the reasons why a team has been playing like it has so far, and what should be done to better that team.

I think right now everybody agrees that the #1 demand of our team is the OL, wheter in the past it was the DL, and some other defensive positions. We still need a young CB, backup safeties, and so on, though.

But really, TT has put emphasis on ST in almost every roster move he's made, and it just hasn't pan out... That's got to be frustating.

My take is for next year we just have to get a decent punter, a great gunner, and a great returner (Blackmon is too injury prone). The Kicker is debatable...

I'm not giving up on this team, saying that with this ST we can't go far. But with this ST we can't go far, not with the way they've been playing...

Members online

Latest posts