Packers bringing in WR Seth Roberts

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Signing him to the practice squad initially...
Per Rob Demovsky
he was released by Carolina today
7 games this year 4 catches and 33 yards... sighhhh better than shepherd and Taylor at least. Sounds like another Ryan Grant signing won’t even sniff the field lol

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Undrafted guy who sounds like he's flashed somewhat in the past, he's 29, 4.46 40 and 6'2". 6.77 3-cone would put him amongst one of our better WR's in terms of agility. I dunno, I guess the upside is he has playing experience. Then again, so did Foster.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Redskins signed Robert Foster off of the Packers' practice squad. I would guess this is the replacement.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More productive than shepherd Taylor.. hopefully it’s not just a Ryan grant signing who didn’t sniff the field once...

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only downside is that Roberts doesn't know the playbook, but as a 6 year veteran he should be able to make his presence known rather quickly based on his competition on the depth chart. I don't expect him to immediately supplant MVS/EQSB, but he should make quick work of Shepherd and Taylor.

Teddy Bridgewater (some of you might say Derek Carr) is the best QB who's thrown to Roberts, maybe Rodgers can elevate him a little bit.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had Seth pegged as a riser to a solid #2 a few years back.....never panned out for whatever reason. While I don't see that as a reality any longer, be very curious how well he can pick up the system, he should have the chops to at MINIMUM make ESB and MVS worried and motivated maybe - but it is a real possibility that in 2-3 weeks he stealing snaps from folks.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I like is he is experienced in the slot, but capable on the outside as well. Now experience doesn't mean it will get executed or fit here right...could be another Grant type signing or a better version of a late Koren Robinson type signing and will contribute...time is the only person that knows.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even know who this guy is, but I did go to grade school with a Seth Robertson, but he's someone else.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This is just my speculation, but I think they want to have one veteran WR on the practice squad in case injuries put them into a serious predicament at some point. If they have to just call someone up and play them immediately, a veteran would be better than a 1st or 2nd year guy. There's nothing special about Roberts, but he's played a lot of football. It wouldn't be too big for him.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even know who this guy is, but I did go to grade school with a Seth Robertson, but he's someone else.

Just my opinion but I believe Seth Robertson would be only a tiny fraction less likely to help the Packers.

I'm glad that Gute is trying and now that the PS rules are more relaxed its the perfect time to do it but I am not, in any way, shape or form excited about the Seth Roberts signing.

Packers Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the hell is signing Seth Rogen gonna help?! Typical cheap *** Packers.
“Yeah, we signed a free agent. His movies are HILARIOUS!”

Wait, what?
Seth ROBERTS?...
Same thing.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the hell is signing Seth Rogen gonna help?! Typical cheap *** Packers.
“Yeah, we signed a free agent. His movies are HILARIOUS!”

Wait, what?
Seth ROBERTS?...
Same thing.

Just my opinion but I believe Seth Robertson's movies would be far more hilarious than Seth Rogan's.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The same Fred Garvin?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Whenever an appropriate situation comes up my cousin always says "I'm Ed Garvey, male **********"

I don't know which is more funny, the way he misquotes the line or the surprisingly large number of times the appropriate situation arises to use it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Whenever an appropriate situation comes up my cousin always says "I'm Ed Garvey, male **********"

I don't know which is more funny, the way he misquotes the line or the surprisingly large number of times the appropriate situation arises to use it.

:roflmao: @ "Ed"

Sadly, it seems less and less people know who Fred is. One of my favorite go to lines is "Landshark....Candygram"......that too has lost its meaning to the under 40 crowd. :(

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sadly, it seems less and less people know who Fred is. One of my favorite go to lines is "Landshark....Candygram"......that too has lost its meaning to the under 40 crowd. :(

I work at Kwik Trip and we quite often have our Jr. Cheeseburgers on sale for $1.00 (still not really worth it but its cheap eats) whenever someone brings up 2 of them I say "cheeseburger, cheeseburger" and on a very few occasions I am blessed with a chance to say " cheeseburger, cheeseburger, chips, pepsi" most of the time the response is a blank stare but every now and then I detect a faint smile on their face and that makes my day.

Just this last week I saw one customer with a Bushwood Country Club T shirt and another with Binford Tools. I love those days.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I work at Kwik Trip and we quite often have our Jr. Cheeseburgers on sale for $1.00 (still not really worth it but its cheap eats) whenever someone brings up 2 of them I say "cheeseburger, cheeseburger" and on a very few occasions I am blessed with a chance to say " cheeseburger, cheeseburger, chips, pepsi" most of the time the response is a blank stare but every now and then I detect a faint smile on their face and that makes my day.

Just this last week I saw one customer with a Bushwood Country Club T shirt and another with Binford Tools. I love those days.

So many classic lines from SNL skits, Seinfeld and of course, most 80's movies!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

And apparently some of us in the over 60 crowd.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Lol, I got that one! Gunga la Gunga!!!

Latest posts