Packers 1st round selection, #12 overall: Rashan Gary, DE

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to order a name plater for the back of a jersey? I would be happy to just replace Matthews with Gary.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to order a name plater for the back of a jersey? I would be happy to just replace Matthews with Gary.

Smart idea, but I am sure those who profit from the sales of Jerseys have nixed the idea of selling them a long time ago.

Do you have a roll of duct tape?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smart idea, but I am sure those who profit from the sales of Jerseys have nixed the idea of selling them a long time ago.

Do you have a roll of duct tape?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Alright, maybe you missed the part in my post about drinking. You almost made me need a new monitor. Thanks for a great laugh.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...just noticed your signature line. I guess you can relate to the Detroit fan tattoo a bit ;)

I had to turn on the signatures just to see what you were talking about. That and I forgot about your bet with Captain. How long does he have to keep that up there?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Anyone who has followed the draft for any length of time knows a few things.

1) There will be picks you love that totally flame out.

2) There will be picks you hate that hit.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't have opinions on picks, or that we shouldn't express them.

But it should teach us that people don't need to get so up in their feelings and get so self-assured.

Even now, with Gary coming on, it would be dumb if the bigger fans of the pick declared him a future all-pro. And yet the people who didn't like the selection did the converse of that when he was drafted.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I had to turn on the signatures just to see what you were talking about. That and I forgot about your bet with Captain. How long does he have to keep that up there?

We never determined a time frame, but I would be fine with and think until Crosby is no longer a Packer would be appropriate and fair. :coffee:

D

Deleted member 6794

We never determined a time frame, but I would be fine with and think until Crosby is no longer a Packer would be appropriate and fair. :coffee:

I would be fine with keeping the signature until Crosby misses another field goal, which might not happen again as long as he's a Packer anyway ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would be fine with keeping the signature until Crosby misses another field goal, which might not happen again as long as he's a Packer anyway ;)

I say we just keep doubling down. Every year you get to pick your UDFA kicker and if he out performs Crosby, you can remove your signature line and instruct me on mine. We could always take a vote of the forum members and see how they feel. :whistling: :laugh:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited about Gary's potential, but i'd like to see him take another step forward and turn into a 10+ sack a year player who consistently sets a good edge against the run before making any long term pronouncements on him.

I do love the guys potential though, he has the physical tools to be an all pro. His mental aptitude for the position is still an open question.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited about Gary's potential, but i'd like to see him take another step forward and turn into a 10+ sack a year player who consistently sets a good edge against the run before making any long term pronouncements on him.

I do love the guys potential though, he has the physical tools to be an all pro. His mental aptitude for the position is still an open question.

Expecting vastly too much out of a guy not getting the snaps to do so:

Z: 860 snaps or 83.9% of the regular seasons snaps
Preston: 817 snaps or 79.7%
Gary: 455 snaps or 44.4%

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Expecting vastly too much out of a guy not getting the snaps to do so:

Z: 860 snaps or 83.9% of the regular seasons snaps
Preston: 817 snaps or 79.7%
Gary: 455 snaps or 44.4%

Well right but if he's only a part time player its probably a good idea not to crown him anything at this point.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which I find easy to believe, yes the defense looks markedly better with him and Z on the field than it does when he's on the bench and Preston is on the field. I get that Preston does some things better, but sometimes you cant fully qualify the effect that havoc has on an offense.

Z and Gary can roam around better than Preston...but Lord have mercy watch out if all three of them have a game those three are capable of at any moment....there isn't a line that could stop them piling up pressures and sacks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Z and Gary can roam around better than Preston...but Lord have mercy watch out if all three of them have a game those three are capable of at any moment....there isn't a line that could stop them piling up pressures and sacks.

I see why people are eagerly saying "Cut Preston, we need the cap", but as you said, the 3 of them, are really pretty formidable. I also think that we have been very lucky on the injury front when it comes to the OLB position the last 2 years. Is Preston worth the money he is due? No, but my ideal scenario is he agrees to a reduced contract. Both he and Z- Dog are only 28, imagine having them both along with Gary as he develops even more for the next several years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see why people are eagerly saying "Cut Preston, we need the cap", but as you said, the 3 of them, are really pretty formidable. I also think that we have been very lucky on the injury front when it comes to the OLB position the last 2 years. Is Preston worth the money he is due? No, but my ideal scenario is he agrees to a reduced contract. Both he and Z- Dog are only 28, imagine having them both along with Gary as he develops even more for the next several years.

Honestly I think Gute and Co. knew all along the likelihood of both guys playing to their contract level was small - surprisingly though they've together gotten about as good as one could realistically hope. I think the plan was one of them was getting cut or traded prior to 2021 season all along.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Preston is a very solid all around OLB but as a pass rusher he's more of a clean up what Z and Clark create, or produce off a free runner/mismatch, than make his own pass rushes happen. You wont see Preston flat out beat an OT often. Gary on the other hand, well physically he reminds me of a young DeMarcus Ware. In his sacks he just wrecks the OT in front of him.

My preferred pass rush set, right now, would probably be Z, Clark Keke and Gary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts