Packers 1st round selection, #12 overall: Rashan Gary, DE

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything is relative, so what's a reasonable period of time before we can judge someone's performance (and, does it vary between players, positions, coaches?).
I like what Hey Joe had to say. Except it pertains to players maybe even more. Of course their performance is always being evaluated. I just don't like the saying. But I feel like I got myself into a pickle. And find myself between a rock and a hard place. Can we just forget it?

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Many of us deserve to take a moment and realize that maybe we didn't see the marathon in this situation because we were too worried about the sprint. Gary is playing some great ball right now.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of us deserve to take a moment and realize that maybe we didn't see the marathon in this situation because we were too worried about the sprint. Gary is playing some great ball right now.

And he has a lot of improving to do too!

Incredible athlete with a high motor. Good things will happen for him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was everywhere tonight and pretty much every big play on defense involved him in some way tonight.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Savage was making a play on the backend, Gary was causing it up front. When Jaire made a couple PBU's, Gary was forcing the throw. He was involved in the run game, behind the LOS, downfield, everywhere.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Savage was making a play on the backend, Gary was causing it up front. When Jaire made a couple PBU's, Gary was forcing the throw. He was involved in the run game, behind the LOS, downfield, everywhere.

Oh he sets a mean mean mean edge. I mean on one run play he just threw his blocker a yard back into the backfield and then went and found Henry.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary is now officially a force to be reckoned with. It's now just a matter of how good he becomes.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, this thread is a trip...

Let me be the first to say that prior to the draft, I did not want him at all, and immediately post selection I was pissed.

Then I did some more research courtesy of my brother in law, and my mind did change a bit.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I remember my initial reaction as I was driving and heard the pick was "WTF, they just signed the Smith Brothers". Then when I got home I watched the Gute presser and warmed up to the pick. My first post on Gary...

For those down on the Gary pick, might want to be listening to the Gute Presser that is currently taking place. I will edit in a link, when its available.

The Packers absolutely love this guy and what they feel he is going to add to the defense. Of course I wouldn't expect him to say differently, but his rationale is much more convincing then most of the posts I have read here lambasting the pick. :)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If I start bringing up how I felt about Gary before the draft, someone might start quoting my Justin Jefferson draft takes to balance me out, so I'm just going to be quiet.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey strangers, validate me because of my immediate post draft reaction to an nfl prospect. I love saying I told you so even if I’m really stretching it by doing so.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey strangers, validate me because of my immediate post draft reaction to an nfl prospect. I love saying I told you so even if I’m really stretching it by doing so.
Hmmm

Can you show us? Because looking at your history, sure doesnt seem like you were very happy with it

Members online

Latest posts