Packers 1st round selection, #12 overall: Rashan Gary, DE

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This pick basically screams that the Pack believes playing with the bad shoulder hurt his production and he is going to be a beast. I hope they are right.

A bit of a head scratcher in my opinion

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know nothing about the guy, but did anyone else notice the panel didn’t spend any time discussing the pick? Every other pick they praised the team and focused on how their pick would be a great fit. All they said about this kid is he failed to meet expectations. WTH is wrong with our front office? I predict a bust.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess they were looking for someone to fill the spot of Clay Matthews running past the QBs and RBs play after play

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't sleep on him?!! Based on his collegiate career, he's been sleeping on Saturdays,as well as filmday,walkthrough day, practices, etc.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't sleep on him?!! Based on his collegiate career, he's been sleeping on Saturdays,as well as filmday,walkthrough day, practices, etc.

I thought they were going to have to take him his jersey. He was too lazy to even get up. Showed no excitement whatsoever. DUD

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This pick basically screams that the Pack believes playing with the bad shoulder hurt his production and he is going to be a beast. I hope they are right.

A bit of a head scratcher in my opinion

I certainly hope so, I wonder what sort of analysis led them to believe that this would no longer be a significant issue.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9.5 sacks in 3 years. That big, strong, quick, and fast - against college competition and you amass 9.5 sacks in 3 years while playing on a very talented team? It's not like offenses ran away from him.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9.5 sacks in 3 years. That big, strong, quick, and fast - against college competition and you amass 9.5 sacks in 3 years while playing on a very talented team? It's not like offenses ran away from him.

Yeah I heard he underachieved but that just struck me as a wtf level of production. I get taking a flyer like this at the bottom of the first but at 12, cmon man.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not excited by the pick. Apparently they see something and I'll give him some time to show us what they saw. But as I sit here tonight I feel let down by this pick.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope so, I wonder what sort of analysis led them to believe that this would no longer be a significant issue.
Ya, I just dont get it to be honest. This pick is so baffling that I would have preferred Fant at 12 over this pick and Fant should not be taken at 12...

Larry 3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a total BS pick. I wanted Hockenson... trade up and get him. What a waste.

Members online

Latest posts