Packers 1st round ...A trade 29 for 33 and 108

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously there appears to be a group of players TT likes and none of them are above anyone else. He stays pat and doesn't take Watt or Foster and I assume the same group of people will question why he didn't trade down to select X person.

TT could cure cancer tomorrow and the group of people that complain about everything he does would question why it took him so long.

I question things TT does too, but this one just seems like anger for the sake of anger.

some people are just stupid too honestly LOL

They don't understand drafting for "need" also... the BPA philosophy is a good one, but only if it also fits a potential "need"

Why don't we just draft Kizer too now right? Hey there were plenty of good ESPN stories on him and all that right?

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Cook would step in and start immediately. I think there is a great corner out there in Corn Elder who could be Sam Shields part 2. He is far more polished than Sam was coming in and is a great athlete. He will probably be available late 2 or 3.
Corn would be a good second option for a nickel corner later, but he isn't worth a second rounder. I love the kid, watched him in H.S. in Tn. great RB then.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really really want mixon forget his crap and look at talent pshhhh dudes a animal and get king would be stellar there is absolutely no way we pick at 33 I'd bet everything I own on it they will move back a couple spots. I really hope they don't take bowser tho

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did we not get a 1st out of this? I mean we TRADED a first? Has Ted had a stroke and nobody told us?
is this a serious question? we traded the number 29 overall pick out of 32 first round picks for the number 33 overall plus a 4th... just how in the heck would you expect to get a first ??

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I really really want mixon forget his crap and look at talent pshhhh dudes a animal and get king would be stellar there is absolutely no way we pick at 33 I'd bet everything I own on it they will move back a couple spots. I really hope they don't take bowser tho

Don't worry. We're getting Mixon. :cool:

Ted Thompson's Mind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rise and shine, back at it! Unlike you, I've been crunching tape subliminally in my sleep all night.

Thank goodness my top rated OL from Western Arkansas State Christian Technical College is still on the board!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be the official thread when the pick is in

And there may be more to come:

Packers GM Ted Thompson told reporters after the first round of the 2017 draft ended that they plan to field trade offers for the No. 33 overall pick.

“Oh yeah. You can put that down. That’ll save us a couple phone calls,” Thompson said, per Wes Hodkiewicz. “We’re taking calls.”

Green Bay elected to trade out of round 1 altogether, despite some notable defensive players still being on the board and now hold the top pick of round two, which is typically a coveted selection.

Thompson explained that the board fell in their favor and they feel comfortable about where things sit entering day two.

The Packers have a number directions they could go with the pick, as they could use help at cornerback, outside linebacker, inside linebacker, running back and guard.

We’ll have more regarding trades involving the Packers and the No. 33 overall pick as the news is available.

http://nfltraderumors.co/packers-fielding-trade-offers-no-33-overall-pick/

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the fiasco that is what the Bears did, lol ... I'm really not inclined to complain about Ted. As for our first pick tonight, King would be the best need pick, but Lamp or Cook wouldn't surprise me, either.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet we trade back again with a team who wants kizer. 1St pick in 2nd round is always a hot commodity.

Or we pick king imo. Trade back a few spots and grab mixon maybe.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering Ted has said they're always considering offers, this isn't really news

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which teams would be most likely to trade up with the Packers for a guy like Kizer? Chargers? Jets?

If the Packers stand pat I want King. I think there wi be a good running back available later in the second or third. King has the tools to be a very good cb.

At the same time I really wouldn't be opposed to trading back with the Chargers or Jets. You could get another solid pick and still likely land a solid cb

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a good choice to trade out of the first. Of course when the call came in no one wanted to hear it until you started looking at all the talent left on the board to begin the second. In a CB heavy draft why not get another pick and still be able to pick from 5 or 6 quality CBs when we open on Friday ( granted if thats the position we are leaning towards) Many names still floating around, less money that has to be spent on those names, and get another pick in the 4th? I'll take it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Ted Thompson made the decision. TT could declare beer to be a tasty beverage to drink during a football game and certain people would complain.
I literally laughed out loud. Nice!

Even if Foster were 100% healthy I would still list the team's defensive needs as far as positonal as:

1. CORNERBACK
2. Defensive End(especially depending on how they want to use Clark, but pairing someone with Daniels is big)
3. Linebacker
How does Fosters health affect what the Packers needs are?

Personally, I think Foster's failed drug test had more impact than his bum shoulder.

H

HardRightEdge

Trading up from 33 to 29 doesn't net a 1st in any sane scenario I know of. I think they are slightly ahead in the draft trade chart.
According to the Jimmy Johnson chart:

#29 = 640 points

#33 = 580 points + #108 = 78 points = 658 points

The 18 point edge is worth a 182 / 183 pick, which would be bottom of the 5th. round this year after accounting for comp picks or toward the bottom of the 6th. round without comps on the board.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I literally laughed out loud. Nice!

How does Fosters health affect what the Packers needs are?

Personally, I think Foster's failed drug test had more impact than his bum shoulder.
my thoughts too, who submits a tainted urine sample a month before the draft? probably someone with something to hide. maybe it was just to recover from injury, maybe he's injured because of use. Either way something doesn't seem right. pass.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great trade. Packers will likely be taking the player at 33 that they were planning on at 29. I am leaning towards Chidobe over King. If its Mixon, I would be only mildly surprised. It will not be cook or Lamp. If we can pick up another 4th by dropping another 4-5 picks, do it!

Last edited:

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Ted Thompson made the decision. TT could declare beer to be a tasty beverage to drink during a football game and certain people would complain.

TT could cure cancer tomorrow and the group of people that complain about everything he does would question why it took him so long.

Conversely, TT could Facebook live the killing of puppies to coax Michael Vick out of retirement to back up Rodgers and some people on this board would call it good strategy and a shrewd business move.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the Jimmy Johnson chart:

#29 = 640 points

#33 = 580 points + #108 = 78 points = 658 points

The 18 point edge is worth a 182 / 183 pick, which would be bottom of the 5th. round this year after accounting for comp picks or toward the bottom of the 6th. round without comps on the board.
This is a paricularily deep draft. We are in a talent tier getting the same value at 33 as 29. To me, we just got a free pick. There will be players available in the 4th that the Packers had the same grade on selected in the 2nd round last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts