Packers 1st round ...A trade 29 for 33 and 108

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

Don't get me wrong. I think Mixon would be an outstanding pick at #33. It's the PR and the politics, along with a Packer history of not going this high for RBs, that I see making it prohibitive.

H

HardRightEdge

The Bears went QB, you know they will go CB in the 2nd. I'd like to trade back, a few more picks, but taking Awuzie or King at #33 would make me feel warm and squishy inside.
Speaking of the Bears going QB, wasn't it a nice 2017 gift to the Packers (and perhaps beyond) that the Bears did not pick Thomas?

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport tweeted the following.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
An interesting name in play at No. 33 for the #Packers: #NotreDame QB DeShone Kizer. GB is getting trade calls, but could stick and pick.

Will Brinson‏Verified account @WillBrinson 37m37 minutes ago
Replying to @RapSheet
Just to be clear …you are saying the Packers are considering selecting Kizer at 33 right?

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 29m29 minutes ago
Yes

Let that sink in for a minute. How do you all feel about that possibility?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

An interesting name in play at No. 33 for the #Packers: #NotreDame QB DeShone Kizer. GB is getting trade calls, but could stick and pick.

Replying to @RapSheet
Just to be clear …you are saying the Packers are considering selecting Kizer at 33 right?

Yes

I think that's either drumming up business or pure bullsnot.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Replying to @RapSheet

Yes

Feel its smoke screen

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Its a "Hey Jets, Chargers, and any other QB hungry team" we are waiting for you right here.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is this a serious question? we traded the number 29 overall pick out of 32 first round picks for the number 33 overall plus a 4th... just how in the heck would you expect to get a first ??

Fine, have it your way. It's now a useless trade

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Cook has many off field concerns, just none on video. I'm not a big fan of him either, but considering he's still there, he may be on TT's board.

Most of his issues for me do relate to the field in one way or another-- specifically the fumbling, the bad shoulders, and the poor athleticism. Those are all football related problems in addition to his apparent off field baggage.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think the dream scenario tonight would be to get Mixon and Jordan Willis.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree that this is posturing and if it isn't and TT picks Kizer, than shoot me now. Would make absolutely no sense, especially given the Packers have about 21+ other needs ahead of this. I know someone is going to point out the drafting of AR and how smart that turned out to be, but this is a QB that wasn't predicted to be a possible #1, nor did we have Brett Hundley at the time, nor is AR waffling about retiring. All TT can do right now (which he is) is let teams know there is a lot of interest in the #33 pick and let the bidding begin.

I don't expect TT to pass up a juicy offer for #33. The same thing may happen with the first pick in the 4th round on Saturday. I said it last week, having the first pick to open any day of the draft, is a great pick to have. Teams have had time to really think long and hard about who is still on the board and TT can sit back and wait for the best offers to come in.

I should also add, that this is just a media story and possibly just speculation on their part.

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does this make the team better exactly? Starting to think TT doesn't have a clue. Draft help in the secondary NOW.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if there's a team out there that would actually fall for this ploy. Well, maybe the Bears. They have a history of that now.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get King/Wilson/Awuzie and Sherman I would be ECSTATIC... if that's TT's thinking in stock piling picks

Awuzie would be a good pick up. Plenty of quality CBs in the later rounds. Immediate impactful CBs drop off after the second round.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It could be more posturing but I heard on one of the JSO podcasts this morning that Willis is allegedly not one of TT's faves.

I think it might be posturing. I read where Packer scouts were practically living in Willis's dorm.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Conversely, TT could Facebook live the killing of puppies to coax Michael Vick out of retirement to back up Rodgers and some people on this board would call it good strategy and a shrewd business move.
Well played, sir. Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts