Cheesehead
Reaction score
...actually a good trade i think...

I would still LOVE Sherman honestly...

thoughts?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well... the talent drop off from 29 to 33 isn't much (if any) but also the price tag is less...

I am still hoping for a vet cornerback....

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea i would have liked TJ for sure...

The only knock i can think of is he won't be super versatile in the NFL... I don't believe he could play inside...

My thinking is they want to keep Clay and Perry outside... altho I would rather have Clay inside and drafted Watt.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did we not get a 1st out of this? I mean we TRADED a first? Has Ted had a stroke and nobody told us?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers could have gotten either Watt or Foster with the 29th pick. I guess defense wasn't that big of a priority. All of the top pass rushers are off the board so TT may go with a RB or o lineman since both Lamp and Cook are available.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are BIGGEST NEED is STILL cornerback honestly lol.... it's not a linebacker....

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what the odds are that our 3rd or the CLE 4th could be used to get Sherman... lol
Obviously that is not going to be enough for Sherman. But between us moving back in the 1st and Seattle moving back (twice) there could be a potential trade that could work. Lots of picks between the two teams.

Guess we wait till tomorrow to see.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The village idiot has spoken...SOMEONE PULL HIS PLUG PLEASE!!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously that is not going to be enough for Sherman. But between us moving back in the 1st and Seattle moving back (twice) there could be a potential trade that could work. Lots of picks between the two teams.

Guess we wait till tomorrow to see.

Sherman's value has DROPPED since it was made PUBLIC that he wanted out...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers could have gotten either Watt or Foster with the 29th pick. I guess defense wasn't that big of a priority. All of the top pass rushers are off the board so TT may go with a RB or o lineman since both Lamp and Cook are available.

Idk if TT really cares about drafting defense. He's probably figured out he stinks And has given up taking defenders in the first rd. He'd much rather trade the pick and help other teams get better.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did we not get a 1st out of this? I mean we TRADED a first? Has Ted had a stroke and nobody told us?

Trading up from 33 to 29 doesn't net a 1st in any sane scenario I know of. I think they are slightly ahead in the draft trade chart.

Dropping back 4 picks, still plenty of players to pick that could have went in the end of the 1st. Cook, King, Wilson, Lamp. Packer stay pat at 29 and pick any of those 4 guys, I'm fine.

People are going to lose their stuff over Watt, but if he is TJ Jones out of Utah St... no one blows a gasket.

For some reason I think Mixon. No one in the back end of the draft was going to pick a back so, easy slide down.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk if TT really cares about drafting defense. He's probably figured out he stinks And has given up taking defenders in the first rd. He'd much rather trade the pick and help other teams get better.

... well Watt would come in at an overloaded OLB corps with Clay and Perry...

Foster I think shoujld have garnered SERIOUS consideration....

That said, our BIGGEST need is still cornerback so

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Great move. Still several good prospects on the board. Bowser, Willis, King, Awuzie, Lamp, McDowell, etc.

Love grabbing the extra 4th without dropping down a tier of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts