PackerForum Fantasy Leagues Formed

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have looked all over the league page for this and cannot find it. It's probably right in front of me, but oh well. How many rounds is the draft? I understand the starting lineup, but how many backups do we each get at each position? Or are there no backup and you sign a undrafted player if theres a injury?

I could be mistaken but there should be 16 rounds. You can have as many backups at one position if you want, you could have 10 RB's if you so desired.

I am going to be picky and would like to know draft order :USA:

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It says under league notes that the "draft order" will be randomly selected 30 minutes prior to the start.

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmeyer said:
I have looked all over the league page for this and cannot find it. It's probably right in front of me, but oh well. How many rounds is the draft? I understand the starting lineup, but how many backups do we each get at each position? Or are there no backup and you sign a undrafted player if theres a injury?

I could be mistaken but there should be 16 rounds. You can have as many backups at one position if you want, you could have 10 RB's if you so desired.

I am going to be picky and would like to know draft order :USA:

I would like to know the order as well BUT, to avoid it looking too suspicious should I get a high pick, I will let Yahoo determine the order. according to the league page -- if I have not already set a line up -- the order of picks will be determined 30 minutes before draft time.

What the owners need to do -- before 45 minutes prior to the draft -- is to rank your players. List the players in the order that you would pick them if you had your ideal picks. I know it is a live draft but the system will look at your rankings and take your best player available should you not be able to be in the draft room for your turn or fall asleep at your computer. Otherwise, you may end up accidentally drafting Micheal Vick or some injured player as the default rankings are not always the most up to date. (Example, last year Clinton Portis was ranked as a top 5 RB even though he was injured in training camp).

There are 10 teams and the roster is 15 players so your rankings should not have to go deeper than 150 deep. Other owners may want players that you rank lower than that but the system should never have to go beyond that for your team. It is my understanding that Yahoo does not possess the artificial intelligence in their draft software to recognize that you already have 3 QBs and to move on to a position of need so it is a good idea to be at the draft if you possibly can.

The roster spots at 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB), 1 K, 1 Defensive team and 6 bench players. With only 6 bench players, you will want to keep an eye on the bye weeks so too many of your players are not off at the same time. If a player is on a bye, he can still fill your starting roster spot, if need be, but you would get no points for that position. I may consider adding another bench position or 2 before the draft if everyone wants it. It may not be a superstar acquisition but someone to cover your bye weeks.

A couple of tips for new players -- contrary to what you may see on TV commercials -- KICKERS DO NOT GO EARLY!!!. There are only a couple of kickers that separate themselves from the pack and they should still never go before the middle rounds. Fantasy Football is driven by the Running Backs, as they get rushing and receiving yards and goal-line opportunities -- plus leagues that I set up also reward receptions. An illustration of this is the Yahoo!! default rankings -- the top 10 players they expect to be drafted are all RBs -- the first non-RB is Peyton Manning at number 11. You will usually fill your starting RBs in the first 3 to 4 picks. Also, the first week of the season will almost always surprise you. That stud WR that you were so sure would score 3 TDs did not get a single catch while their number 3 WR sets records. It happens every year. Just remember, Steve Smith, TO, and Marvin Harrison are are at the top of the list for a reason -- don't drop them because of a slow start -- the cream will rise to the top.

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good info PackFanInSC. That answered several of my noob questions. Thanks!

Ogregore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Newbie, joined the Gold League. Looking forward to the season!!

Grew up in GB - been down here for ten years now (lot easier to get Jaguar season tickets).

Cheers
Ogre

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Newbie, joined the Gold League. Looking forward to the season!!

Grew up in GB - been down here for ten years now (lot easier to get Jaguar season tickets).

Cheers
Ogre

Ogregore,

Welcome to the league and to Packerforum. I am just a bit north of you in Upstate SC -- having moved here from New Holstein, WI 6 years ago. This is a good forum with a lot of good people.

PackFanInSC

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Room for 4 more teams in Yahoo Gold League -- Draft 9/1/07

Lots of room in the Keeper leagues with the draft only 1 week away!!!!!

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We did not get a lot of responses as to which kind of Fantasy leagues you all wanted so I went ahead and created them.

I set up 4 different leagues. The 2 leagues in Yahoo!! are one year leagues like we had last season. Each will hold up to 10 teams (must have an even number of teams to draft.)

The 2 Fleaflicker leagues (8 teams to a league) are keeper leagues and you may keep as many of your players as you like for the following year.

To access the leagues, follow the links:

PackerForum Green League -- Yahoo

ID# = 149026
Password = green

draft 9/1/07 2:00 pm Central

PackerForum.com Gold League -- Yahoo

ID# = 149040
Password = gold

draft 9/1/07 12:00 pm Central

For the Keeper leagues:

PackerForum Keeper League -- Green

Password = green

draft 8/25/07 2:00pm Central

PackerForum Keeper League -- Gold

Password = gold

draft 8/25/07 12:00 pm Central

The draft times can be changed, if needed, after everyone has signed up.

I would ask, initially, that noone sign up for both of a particular type of league so that everyone has a chance. To sign up for both the Yahoo!! and Fleaflicker leagues should be Ok, though.

Room for one more team in the Yahoo!! Gold league -- Draft is 9/1/07

We have room for 3 more teams in the Flealflicker Green Keeper League. Draft is this Saturday so, if you cannot make it, at least have your rankings set.

I will probably drop the gold keeper league on Fleaflicker and adjust the Green league to accomodate anyone that is interested there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts