PackerForum Fantasy Leagues Formed

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We did not get a lot of responses as to which kind of Fantasy leagues you all wanted so I went ahead and created them.

I set up 4 different leagues. The 2 leagues in Yahoo!! are one year leagues like we had last season. Each will hold up to 10 teams (must have an even number of teams to draft.)

The 2 Fleaflicker leagues (8 teams to a league) are keeper leagues and you may keep as many of your players as you like for the following year.

To access the leagues, follow the links:

PackerForum Green League -- Yahoo

ID# = 149026
Password = green

draft 9/1/07 2:00 pm Central

PackerForum.com Gold League -- Yahoo

ID# = 149040
Password = gold

draft 9/1/07 12:00 pm Central

For the Keeper leagues:

PackerForum Keeper League -- Green

Password = green

draft 8/25/07 2:00pm Central

PackerForum Keeper League -- Gold

Password = gold

draft 8/25/07 12:00 pm Central

The draft times can be changed, if needed, after everyone has signed up.

I would ask, initially, that noone sign up for both of a particular type of league so that everyone has a chance. To sign up for both the Yahoo!! and Fleaflicker leagues should be Ok, though.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just a suggestion, and it might not even be possible, but when the league fills up could we determine draft order then? Only reason would be to be able to trade picks.

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just a suggestion, and it might not even be possible, but when the league fills up could we determine draft order then? Only reason would be to be able to trade picks.

Sure, I can set it as soon as we get the teams.

In the keeper leagues, you can trade next year's picks. The software will allow you to draft until your roster fills up. Say, for instance, you have a roster of 15 players and want to keep 10. Rather than your normal 5 rounds of picks, you have traded your 1st for another team's 2nd and 3rd. In that scenario you would have 2 2nds, 2 3rds and a 4th and your 5th round pick would disappear since your roster would be full.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I'm a noob but I just signed up for the "Green" league I believe. There are two people in the other division and I'm the only one in mine. Someone else should join up!!

tripppy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another noob here. I signed up in the green div. as Harrell's Heroes. Great Packer forum here!!! :thumbsup:

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Another noob here. I signed up in the green div. as Harrell's Heroes. Great Packer forum here!!! :thumbsup:

Hmm, for whatever reason I do not see you on my team's list. The only teams I see under the "Green division are "PackFaninSC Green" and "The Beer Bongs." Am I looking at the right one? Should I join another league that will be full?

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have room for one more team in the Green league and 7 more in the Gold league.

In the keeper leagues, the Green has room for 3 more teams and 7 more in the Gold.

jpigeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone, joined the forum and Green league yesterday. Team name is Birdfeathers. Wanted to join a league with other cheeseheads, glad I found this one. I was born and raised In the Great city of Green Bay and spent 40 years of my life there, most of them working in TV at the local stations. Produced and Directed many a Packers show over the years, including the coaches show and Larry McCarrens Locker Room, am now in Madison, but I get back to the frozen tundra as an NFL cameraman for FOX again this season for 5 games. Ipresently work as a freelance cameraman for the major networks doing sports of all sorts, including baseball, NASCAR, NFL, college football & basketball, NBA etc....I bleed Green and Gold, and hope they do well this season.

As far as the fantasy league is concerned, let the games begin. Always makes it more fun to follow the NFL while being involved on the fantasy level. :beersign: As much as I can, hopefully I'll be able to stay home and catch many games with a cold one in hand, all depends on where FOX decides to send me on weekends that I'm not doing a game in Green Bay, or if I'm scheduled to do a college game for CBS or ESPN.

Thanks, and talk soon.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hey Jpigeon welcome to the league and forum... have some fun here. Good luck.

Here is too enjoying some cold ones this fall... :beer:

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the League Jpigeon.

As of now, the Green League is full with 6 places open in the Gold.

In the keeper leagues, there are room for 3 more in the Green and 7 more in Gold (May end up combining the 2 keeper leagues if they do not fill up.)

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok guys! I joined you in the gold league. Never done this before and always wanted to try it. Should be a good time!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ok guys! I joined you in the gold league. Never done this before and always wanted to try it. Should be a good time!

That is cool, I haven't been on a Packerforum league either. It should be fun.

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have looked all over the league page for this and cannot find it. It's probably right in front of me, but oh well. How many rounds is the draft? I understand the starting lineup, but how many backups do we each get at each position? Or are there no backup and you sign a undrafted player if theres a injury?