Packer Fan Fest

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack.....it was fun. But if you are not into getting autographs, there wasn't a whole lot to do. I spent probably 85% of my time waiting in line to get signatures. But i like that kind of stuff. Plus, getting to go INTO the Packer locker room is SO neat! And, you get to see the REAL Super Bowl trophies! The ones in the Packer Hall of Fame are REPLICAS! The real ones are right at the entrance to the locker room, so the players have to see them everytime they go in there.

Packerbacker04.......are you SERIOUS? Did you really end up in Milwaukee?
I suppose that would be possible......LOL!
Now....i STILL haven't got notice yet........no return check, and no notice saying i'm NOT getting the ticket. So, hope is not dead ......yet. :wink:

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not..............i just got the letter and my check back. :cry:
Oh well..........i'll save alot of money by not going.
There's a guy on ebay selling 16 tickets........how did he get so many???? Thats the crap that ticks me off.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he had friends who entered the lottery, and then they all got together to sell the tickets under his name. I agree with you Cheesy. Things like that tick me off too. Those are NOT Packer fans. Real Pack fans wouldn't do something like that. As my sister always says, "What goes around, comes around". So, he will get his "come upenance" one day.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was there last year........you waited in line for whoever you wanted the autograph from. Now, they would change who was signing every couple hours, so, sometimes you got in line for a player, and he would be gone before you got to the front of the line. I spent probably 85% of my time the 3 days waiting in line. The autographs are free, but you have to provide what you want signed. (You can buy stuff at the Packer Pro shop, but it's expensive there)
For the star players (like Bart Starr) you have to be lucky enough to get the VIP pass when you come in the door that day. (They give you a card with a sticker covering part of it, you peel off the sticker to see what you get that day) If it says "Bart Star" you will get to get his signature that day. Me, all i got the 3 days was "15% off purchase at Pro Shop". I didn't get ANY star players (they had Starr, Favre, Paul Hornung, Jerry Kramer, and Robert Ferguson last year)
But i did get good sigs. Like Gilbert Brown, Grady Jackson, KGB, Nick Barnett, and so on.
Now, i'm not certain they will do it exactly the same this year. I gave them my opinion, and said they should have like 3 players at a table, so if you wait in line for 3 hours you get more then ONE autograph. I hope for those that get to go this year, they do it that way.
If you have any other questions, i will try to answer them for you.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks cheesy I really hope i get favre and starr i already have 2 of favre but i havent been up close to him thatd be an amazing experiance

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem gpg4!
I got to meet Favre in 1993 after a practice, and i worked the Lombardi golf classic in 1984 and got to meet Bart Starr. So i have had some neat "close encounters" in the past.
I HOPE Favre will be there........they haven't said yet. To me, if he's there, it will be good news for Packer fans. I don't think he would come if he were retiring. Time will tell.
I hope you get Starr! He's a REALLY nice man!!!
Like i said, i didn't pull any of the great sigs last year. Some people i saw got Starr AND Favre! Man....was i jealous!!! (And it was a RICH guy, who could afford to BUY anything he wanted!) A poor guy like me.....i get "15% off" stuff i can't afford to buy! LOLOL!!! :lol:
Oh well, luck of the draw! :wink:

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup......Gilbert Brown's line was LONG! And he even stayed past the time he was supposed to, so he could sign as many as possible. He even asked me for a copy of the picture i had him sign. (It was one i took of him at practice a few years ago.) So i mailed him one.
Nick Barnett's line was real long too.
Now, i don't know if they are making any changes to how they did it last year. Maybe it will be run a little better.

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just happy to be going. I did get 4 tickets and will take my two boys and I'm not sure If my wife is going or not. Again I'm just happy to be going. Any one who is going know of any partys or anything like that, that might be going on? I was able to score a room at the Best Western down the street and that was about as tough as the fan fest tickets. See ya all there