Packer Fan Fest

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you out there have tried for tickets for this year's Fan Fest. If so, have any of you heard anything yet on if you are going to get your tickets, or have been told you won't be getting them. I sent my application for a ticket in the middle of January. According to the application, we should hear by the 20th of this month. I was just wondering if any of you heard anything yet.
I will write in here when i find out anything on my end.
I noticed they haven't even posted what players will be appearing yet either.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I belong to Packers Partners and have been on their web site. They have all said that it is a lottery this year, and everyone has to wait until the 20th to find out if they get tickets or not. Is anyone else on this forum a Packer Partner?

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew it was a lottery this year, i was just wondering if anyone had got notice yet. I know it says we will know BY the 20th. So i just wondered if anyone had found out yet. I was lucky enough to go last year, and it was fun. I actually drove up to Green Bay and waited in line to get my ticket.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My inside source is the head of the fan club, not anyone in upper management (not that they probably know either though), so I can't really help you.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just on the Packers Partners website, and one person already knows he was not picked for the lottery. He called and asked when the people woould know, and the person to whom he was talking asked his name, and he was told , he was not picked.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! So obviously at least SOME of the picking has already been done. I would imagine it wouldn't take too long.........after all, how long does it take to get rid of 3000 tickets?
Thanks for the "heads up" Carol!
I'll just sit and wait for the envelope...........be it good, or bad news. (I'm just getting impatient! :D )

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck to all of you who are trying for tickets. Being that we are going on a cruise and just coming back the week before fan fest, we --and our bank account--decided we couldn't afford to try for tickets. So, I wish all of you who are trying for tickets--once again good luck.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Carol! I'm trying for one.........and every day i go to my mailbox is an adventure. No news today though, just JUNK mail! :cry:

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very happy to say that I have gotten four tickets to fan fest. I know thi s because my credit card was charged.... I'm a very happy guy today.. GO pack GO.. See you all at fan fest

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesyscot said:
I'm very happy to say that I have gotten four tickets to fan fest. I know thi s because my credit card was charged.... I'm a very happy guy today.. GO pack GO.. See you all at fan fest

FANTASTIC!!!!!! have a blast, take lots of pics, & we'll be stuck here waiting to live vicariously thru you, ok?? :cheerleader:

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lucky guy Scot!
I still have NO idea. I did mine by check, and i haven't heard anything yet. It hasn't been cashed, and i didn't get it back from the Packers yet......so i'm holding onto hope. I saw on ebay where people are selling them already.
Here i am, a REAL fan that wants to go, and the lousy scalpers are on the loose already. They blow it for REAL fans with their money schemes. Oh well......i still have hope.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how local revenue generated by Fan Fest will be handled in the new CBA?

The Packer Pro Shop is #1 in the league and the Pakcers keep the revenue as local.

The Packers are in the top half of NFL in revenue generated. I do not want bottom feeders like the Vikings to get part of the revenue from Fan Fest in the future CBA.

Fan Fest is great under current rules. I hope it is a good thing under the new CBA.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for some of the input my son is trying but has not heard anything either,i was happy i went last year,dont like some of what they are doing but when you have people bring everthing known to man to ahve sighn well they had to do somthing,maybe they'll have gado rodgers,that would be great.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, just checked out the prices on ebay - 2 tix for $500!!!! :twisted: that's nearly extortion in my book! that is just crazy!! :crazy: if anybody has that kind of money to throw away, i'd hope they'd do something better with it!!!
:soapbox:

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the sad part Jules. Only RICH people can afford to go when they are ripping people off like that. It was hard enough for me to come up with the $79 for ONE ticket. They were $55 last year, and i drove up there to get one. Now, with the "lottery", who knows if i ever will get to go again. I don't know HOW they decided who gets tickets, and who doesn't. It's wednesday, and i still haven't got my check returned, or cashed. So i don't know whats up. They said we will know by next monday.
I talked to rich people last year at the Fest that paid $200 each for their tickets. Now, when i say rich, i mean RICH! The guy showed me pictures of the "his and hers" BMW's they have, with personalized Packer type plates. Plus pictures of his Packer shrine in his house (would rival the Packer Hall of Fame!) His Packer room is bigger then the whole PLACE i live in.
Whats $200 to a guy like that? How can someone like me compete with a guy with bottomless pockets? So.....it will either come in the mail, or i will be sitting home.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya cheesey but at least you guys are close enough to go. I'd gladly pay a couple hundred bucks, if I didn't have to drive about 18 hours and put up cash for a place to stay. There are so many Packer fans around the country....excuse me... world (bav, Chamuka and Gakk), that would love an opportunity to go just once. That price will probably be paid. Count your blessing locals (except when the wind chill dips below zero).

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very true, depack! i'm about 5 hours from green bay but it's definately a doable road trip & i've been to several games so i've been lucky in that way. while it'd be cool to meet the players up close, it's no biggie to me. seeing them play is WAY more cool imho!!

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know depack........i count myself as fortunate that i got to go ONCE. I just don't like those that take advantage of the system to make money, thus cutting off the REAL fans. If you took away all those that just applied for tickets to resell them, how many more REAL fans could have had the chance to go? The Packers tried to make it as reasonably priced so that familys could afford to go, then scalpers make that impossible.
But thats the way it is with everything.......Packer games too.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, I know....I would love to catch a Fan Fest. I made the trip once to a game, and another time to watch camp. I had a blast at both.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are some very rich people. I read on the Packer Partner website where one lady got tickets for fan fest, and she also shelled out money for something about Reggie white--can't remember--senior moment. She lives quite a distance from Green Bay too. Some of us are on a fixed income and have to pick and choose our options. We chose to go on Fuzzy's cruise.Thus, the thing for Reggie and fan fest are out for us. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for tickets.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think the Players union wants all revenues generated by NFL franchises on the table during bargaining the CBA. That is why CBA negotiations are at a standstill. The Franchise owners certainly don't want all revenues to be considered for players salaries. As Cal. Chezz stated, Top half of the revenue producers would be punished for investing in their franchise stadiums etc. to produce more revenue and the ones who did not, would not have to pay their fair share toward player's contract.

Hopefully it doesn't get so "deadlocked" that owners lock out the players or a player's strike occurs like during the 80's. Nobody wins especially a small market franchise like the Packers which doesn't have a rich owner with "deep pockets".