Packer 1 hit wonders

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can you guys think of any Packer 1 hit wonders? Anything more than a great season doesnt qualify, and nothing less than a single game (1 play wont cut it)

I'll start off with our most famous one, Desmond Howard

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember Don Horn.
Lombardi drafted himfrom San Diego State to be the heir apparent to ailing and old Starr and Bratkowski.
When both QBs got knocked out in the first half of the season finale in 1968 he came off the bench, took a few hits from **** Butkus, got up and promptly fired guns in the second half and knocked the Bears out of playoff contention.
A year later he sets passing records in the season finale against the Cardinals.
And then, and then.....he's a bust.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Uhh He played in some Pre season games few years back. He sucked ball though. This was before Rodgers came into the picture.
Yeah I knew that. The Packers sign an injured player without working him out, then cut him yet in the preseason, then got nailed by the league for releasing an injured player. Great office work by that regime.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gwh11 is going to throw out some random player from the 70s or 80s that no one else would think of

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gwh11 is going to throw out some random player from the 70s or 80s that no one else would think of
Damn right I will: Vernon Vanoy.
He was a very effective DT for the 1972 division champs, his only season with the Packers.
He had three sacks alone in Green Bay's victory over the defending Super Bowl champion Cowboys, an important early season win.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn right I will: Vernon Vanoy.
He was a very effective DT for the 1972 division champs, his only season with the Packers.
He had three sacks alone in Green Bay's victory over the defending Super Bowl champion Cowboys, an important early season win.

Ever thought about teaching history of the packers at UW? I feel like you would be pretty qualified.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ever thought about teaching history of the packers at UW? I feel like you would be pretty qualified.
Thanks, but it that level and institution it would likely be something along the lines of "The Green Bay Packers And Theoretical Trajectories Associated With The Study Of American Football And Leisure Time In A Cross-Cultural Perspective."

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other possible answers to the original question:
Terdell Middleton. Only the fourth player in Packer history to rush for over 1000 yards in a season (1978). Subsequent injuries rendered him inconsistent after that one, lone Pro Bowl season.
Ted Hendricks. Hall Of Famer spent one very good season with the Packers (1974). Five interceptions, seven blocked kicks, All-Pro honors.
It might seem a little uncharitable, but an argument could be made for Don Majkowski, whose 1989 season really stands apart from the rest of his career.

Latest posts